Why not just have BlackBerry build the device and run Windows OS. Keep the existing UI though. I do enjoy not needing to push a button to unlock and the way BlackBerry brought swipe to an OS is awesome. That ideal matched with Windows with BlackBerry Security and the ability to move across devices the way Microsoft is headed? That is what would be truly awesome. I love the build quality BlackBerry brings and having used HTC the prior 4 years I can tell you they don't have it. No Android does. Closest is Nokia and then Apple. I would love WP8.1 on the z10.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 03:56 PM
    But what if the BB10 's that HTC makes doesn't have any Android code?

Granted without the Android code, we can't side load things and no more ported apps either they all have to be native.
    As I made clear, if BB removed the Android runtime from BB10, then, sure, Android phone manufacturers could then OEM phones for BB.

But how would BB sell those phones without the ability to run Android apps? Most of the apps in BB World are just converted Android apps; only a small percentage are native Cascades builds. Look through the Top 100 apps and see how many of them aren't "Built for BB"...
    11-06-13 09:26 PM
    John Chen admitted BlackBerry makes its money from hardware sales so why pay another company to build for them it would be a waste of money. Instead they should concentrate on getting on board all the top tier app developers to provide native apps period! Forget Android (well maybe for porting games it would be alright). As well the general public is caught up with the whole hardware specs war well then give the public what they want. Build a beast of a phone Quad core processor large battery 1080p screen a camera with insane mega pixels aluminum chassis ect.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 10:16 AM
    I have HTC One... and I keep saying to myself, if this thing runs BB10, this would be an awesome phone!...

Posted via Z10
    The blinking notification light is in the wrong place..lol, other than that Ita.
    11-07-13 10:18 AM
    Licensing out to updated model is a good method , until at least BlackBerry can catch up themselves. But not only one hardware issue is the magic bullet for BlackBerry 10.

Another real problem with bb10 is not is the lack of relevant native software.

Maybe even other issues with power management.

Posted via CB10
    As long as there's a sd card slot!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 12:16 PM
30 12