This latest PR gafe of letting 60 salespeople go without leading the Press about it being a strategic relocation of resoures is unacceptable. How many pairs of shoes with the toes shot out does BlackBerry own?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 07:26 AM
    This latest PR gafe of letting 60 salespeople go without leading the Press about it being a strategic relocation of resoures is unacceptable. How many pairs of shoes with the toes shot out does BlackBerry own?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry....can you elaborate a bit?
    09-11-13 07:33 AM
    I love how the PR team puts out a press release saying 60 team members will be moving to the US and still the shorting media says that they are cutting staff and that it's because they are cutting production and it's all because it's too little too late. Then as if it was not important or completely separate news they say that staff are moving to the states. I was not happy with this interpretation in the media this morning. How despicable. I read a Toronto Star article. Those people seriously suck and have a hard on for Google. Even yesterday's apple news was all "is it enough?" yet they call the 5c as brand new. Clearly blind.
    09-11-13 07:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    They released an official statememt to the press explaining that ......what would you have them do, air a commercial?

Been said and debated on here a billion times. The Media won't cut BB any slack it seems, regardless of the news being reported.
    09-11-13 07:45 AM
    In PR You don't just throw things on the Wire and go silent. Once a story starts to go off message you have to follow up with corrective messages to steer it. BlackBerry should have crafted a series of stories about its re focused sales strategy for timed release to PR Newswire, and targeted business and tech media.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 08:25 AM
    Right now all BlackBerry PR should be considered Crisis Communication

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    09-11-13 08:28 AM
    In PR You don't just throw things on the Wire and go silent. Once a story starts to go off message you have to follow up with corrective messages to steer it. BlackBerry should have crafted a series of stories about its re focused sales strategy for timed release to PR Newswire, and targeted business and tech media.

Posted via CB10
    Yup.
    09-12-13 01:45 AM
    I think the PR team was left go last year during the inital round of releases. Think mangment figured that the guys that release all of the hardware specs and OS builds could handle a few statement too.....
    09-12-13 10:13 AM
    i think these guys have been taking a pretty long vaycay
    09-12-13 11:17 AM