Ok?? And I've used iOS and Android on the HTC one and it just wasn't as fluid as the Z10... these platforms are only superior with one thing. Apps...

Posted via CB10
    Os10 is a fluid Os (from my experience), but there are a lot of short comings ranging from battery life, web browsing experience (not limited to speed, but the way the browser format pages), battery life, notification system, multitasking (I hate the fact that os10 will not let you open as many apps as you like), and customization.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    kevinnugent likes this.
    08-24-13 11:44 AM
    Ok?? And I've used iOS and Android on the HTC one and it just wasn't as fluid as the Z10... these platforms are only superior with one thing. Apps...

Posted via CB10
    It's a shame most consumers don't use "fluidity" as a buying point when it comes to smartphones.

But "apps", that's the standard.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-24-13 12:07 PM
    Stay away from Samsung I have owned both the S3 & S4 they will become very buggy there is a lot of issues with them I have friends who have owned them also who work for several Carriers & they are all going back to iPhone if you want android the HTC is nice and now you can get it with pure Google straight from Google

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 12:52 PM
    the only app i really want BB10 support for is instagram.... how can we have FB but not IG if FB now owns it....i dont see the hold up
    Have to agree with this. Of all the teeny bop apps, this one is a must. Shocked it has not been bought over....err I mean brought over

Swipe, swipe it good...via CB10 from my Z10
    08-24-13 03:00 PM
    Have to agree with this. Of all the teeny bop apps, this one is a must. Shocked it has not been bought over....err I mean brought over

Why would they?
    tools not toys,
    keep moving
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-24-13 03:13 PM
    Why would they?
    tools not toys,
    keep moving
    It seems toys sell better....LOL

I personally think it's a silly app, but I have a teenage daughter and a pre teen daughter...both value that app. I've side loaded it on my oldests Z10 but it needs to be native. Shes told me lack of that app has stopped a few of the kids getting the phone. They think it's kinda cool with all the gestures and the hub, but they want Instagram, vine, snapchat....is what it is I guess.

08-24-13 03:22 PM
    Instagram is a must have, but there are plenty of specific apps(like banking apps, festivals, public transports,etc...), that really are lacking...

Sometimes i feel sad ^^

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    08-24-13 03:27 PM
    Stay away from Samsung I have owned both the S3 & S4 they will become very buggy there is a lot of issues with them I have friends who have owned them also who work for several Carriers & they are all going back to iPhone if you want android the HTC is nice and now you can get it with pure Google straight from Google

Posted via CB10
    I too want to type without using punctuation While I agree the HTC One with pure Google is great this is also available on the S4 so any issues you may have had with Touchwhiz becoming buggy would be resolved with a Google Edition model

Sent from my gesture controlled Nexus 4
    richardat likes this.
    08-24-13 05:16 PM
    Funny how nobody mentions that Samsung are the only company that is doing exceptionally well with Android. Everyone else especially HTC are even huge financial issues worse than BlackBerry if anything.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 05:20 PM
    Funny how nobody mentions that Samsung are the only company that is doing exceptionally well with Android. Everyone else especially HTC are even huge financial issues worse than BlackBerry if anything.

Posted via CB10
    Dave, why do Blackberry fanatics have to try and compare their Blackberry with everyone else? If it were all the things you say it is, thn there'd be no reason to try and make yourself feel better about it. As a fact though, LG and HTC along with a few others seem to easily outsell Blackberry so why bother?
    08-24-13 05:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's largely due to the fact that other OEMs weren't listening to what the customer wanted until recently. HTC has finally done that and released a successful phone in the One. Even LG has removed most of their bloatware and been putting out some remarkably good phones as of late. But it really is a dogfight in the cell industry..and BBRY just doesn't have the pockets to competitively stay in the game long run anymore.

08-24-13 05:35 PM
    Everyone else especially HTC are even huge financial issues worse than BlackBerry if anything.
    Posted via CB10
    You know what else is funny, in May htc said they have sold 5 million one's compared to 3.7 million BB10.
    08-24-13 05:36 PM
    Your point is true. The commoditization of smartphones means it's becoming just another consumer electronics like PCs. Gross margins are heading towards the teens in a few years as growth matures.

Apples is releasing a mid-range phone, iPhone 5C. This is where the next battle ground lies. Trouble is Samsung, LG, and Lenovo already own the mid-range market. Although BlackBerry is in a fight for its life, I think the next smartphone makers to lose big will be HTC, Nokia, and yes Apple. Apple's stock price will not hold up with gross margins in the teens for smartphones. The writing is on the wall for these tech companies. I could be wrong but I don't see a major must have innovation for users to continue switching phones every year or two. So the carriers are moving away from subsidies as its too costly to them.

In five years, there will be more options of phones with no contract at $200-300 price range with great specs for this price point. It's going to get a lot cheaper. There will be a smaller market wanting the best specs of the moment. Example, does anybody purchase a $1800 laptop with top of the line specs anymore? A small group of buyers probably.

That's largely due to the fact that other OEMs weren't listening to what the customer wanted until recently. HTC has finally done that and released a successful phone in the One. Even LG has removed most of their bloatware and been putting out some remarkably good phones as of late. But it really is a dogfight in the cell industry..and BBRY just doesn't have the pockets to competitively stay in the game long run anymore.

kevinnugent likes this.
    08-24-13 05:55 PM
    What exactly is headless apps feature in 10.2?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 01:16 PM
    What exactly is headless apps feature in 10.2?

Posted via CB10
    Apps that run in the background without the need to be visible in active frames.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 03:53 PM
    the only app i really want BB10 support for is instagram.... how can we have FB but not IG if FB now owns it....i dont see the hold up
    Because BB developed the FB app, not FB. That's why we have FB, which upsets me

Posted via Z10 STL100-3 using CB10. Fido, Toronto.
    08-26-13 01:20 AM
41 12