I know this has been said many times before on this forum, but it's becoming clearer to me every day BlackBerry's missteps for BB10:

1. Pricing: Thanks to PlayBook and BB10 delays, BlackBerry had no credibility left with consumers. Pricing on par with flagship Apple and Samsung phones left no motivation for platform switchers. They'll just get an Iphone 5 or SIII or S4.

2. Marketing: The new gesture-based UI is unique and innovative. Marketing should have focused exclusively on the Hub, TimeShift camera, Peek and Flow and Active Frames. These are great features that average users will love every day, but the average user is not going to visit CrackBerry or even CNET to find out.

With simple ads and aggressive pricing at $300-400, BB10 might've had a different (happy) ending.

I should note that I currently use a Motorola Pro Plus, which has Android GingerBread. I can't afford $700 for an off-contract Q10, so I'm going to wait...until BB gets more desperate and the price drops.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    09-23-13 04:45 AM
    I know this has been said many times before on this forum, but it's becoming clearer to me every day BlackBerry's missteps for BB10:

1. Pricing: Thanks to PlayBook and BB10 delays, BlackBerry had no credibility left with consumers. Pricing on par with flagship Apple and Samsung phones left no motivation for platform switchers. They'll just get an Iphone 5 or SIII or S4.

2. Marketing: The new gesture-based UI is unique and innovative. Marketing should have focused exclusively on the Hub, TimeShift camera, Peek and Flow and Active Frames. These are great features that average users will love every day, but the average user is not going to visit CrackBerry or even CNET to find out.

With simple ads and aggressive pricing at $300-400, BB10 might've had a different (happy) ending.

I should note that I currently use a Motorola Pro Plus, which has Android GingerBread. I can't afford $700 for an off-contract Q10, so I'm going to wait...until BB gets more desperate and the price drops.
    Thank you for your thoughts. I agree with some of what you've said. And I'm also hoping to get a Q10, if the price for a white one drops and comes to AT&T. Personally, I feel these exclusivity deals did not help.
    09-23-13 04:49 AM
    I sold my Z10 to buy a HTC One when they announced that BlackBerry was for sale but I want to have a BlackBerry as a second device... but not at these prices. I'm also waiting for a Q10 price drop.
    09-23-13 04:56 AM
    I had never touched a Q10 until I visited our local fair in August. There was a BlackBerry van set up, so I went over and spent 5 minutes playing with the Q10. That's all it took to switch me from Android: 5 minutes.
    paulo_mealha likes this.
    09-23-13 04:57 AM
    2C:
    Phones SHOULD NOT DO: freeze, random reboots, sudden battery drain, bugs with contacts and messages.
    Lets say you don't know anything about BlackBerry at the launch of new phones.
    Then you heard about all the problems above, will you buy the phone?
    Most of the problems were solved with 10.1MR, but it was too late.

Another problem is that many people still believe that all BB phones need BIS.

I still have small hope that with 10.2 people will discover BB10. If Z10 can do all the basic staff flawlessly and it will cost 300$.

I think that people can get over the some apps for good phone experience.
    paulo_mealha likes this.
    09-23-13 05:01 AM
    Pricing was fine,marketing was non existent. Channel partners, non existent. U would have priced it exactly as it was, I would have spent 1 billion in marketing in the US alone. Cause as a product hoes in the US. Determines how it goes in the world, period. The marketing team should be dissolved period.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:34 AM
    I think that with 10.2 and a Nexus 4 price the Z10 has a chance. They would do better with bigger battery. If 10.2 is still buggy well then I would not buy it. I also think that they should bring back the buttons and trackpad to the Q10.
    09-23-13 09:08 AM
    I had never touched a Q10 until I visited our local fair in August. There was a BlackBerry van set up, so I went over and spent 5 minutes playing with the Q10. That's all it took to switch me from Android: 5 minutes.
    Good move

BlackBerry Since 2006. Z10 Rogers, Halifax NS
    09-23-13 09:20 AM
    If you beat a live horse, it's liable to kick you. If you're going to beat a horse, it's much safer to beat a dead one.
    09-23-13 09:22 AM
    Yeah... but the smell...

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    09-23-13 01:24 PM
    I think that with 10.2 and a Nexus 4 price the Z10 has a chance. They would do better with bigger battery. If 10.2 is still buggy well then I would not buy it. I also think that they should bring back the buttons and trackpad to the Q10.
    10.2 Roxxors my soxxors and my boxxers.

I completely agree though; with a huge inventory of these phones, put a solid OS on them and sell em cheap. Because despite all the negativity, the Z10 on 10.2 is simply a good phone.
    09-23-13 10:16 PM