I guess this entire discussion is invalid now, keeping in view the latest announcements.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 10:21 PM
    Lol ya, no need for open source if they can soldier on as a private company.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    09-24-13 06:23 AM
    I don't think open source is a good idea.. android goes opensource because google can get lots of money from the google centric service of android.. but neither BlackBerry nor HP could do that...

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 06:27 AM
    It's a nice idea, I too would be happy to keep on trucking with BlackBerry 10 without blackberry support if it was open source. However, if they were to do that then there would be no security benefit over the other platforms

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Came to say this. Open source would destroy any secure reputation BlackBerry has.

Posted via Microwave Oven
    09-24-13 06:46 AM
    I think BlackBerry should make the bb10 os open source. It will open new markets for bb10 and the os penetration will skyrocket. If the OS can run so good on the BlackBerry Z10 specs, it can sure run just fine on the steroid boosted handsets of Samsung and others and will give android a run for its money. This done, and BlackBerry will reach sky high as gar as the users are concerned, and knowing that the os is so smooth and works so well, ppl who use it are bound to get hooked to it. Also it will solve the BlackBerry problem of a meagre app system. Developers on seeing that this os is being used on so many phones and by so many users, will then definitely start making apps for this OS seriously.

Posted via CB10
    It will never happen. BB10 is part of the Enterprise services that Prem talks about. Forget about it.
    09-24-13 07:02 AM
    It will never happen. BB10 is part of the Enterprise services that Prem talks about. Forget about it.
    Actually this thread was started before the announcement of the takeover was made, so the thread is of no value now. Now it's all upto prem what to do.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 07:27 AM
31 12