Something must be done w/ the BB10 icons, please, standard dimension, as you can see they're not equal (one square big, one square small, one square with round corners) it doesn't look clean, they do have different shapes, but still, something can be done, and lose that shadow background or at least toggle it. Thank you!
    11-18-13 07:42 AM
    I would love to be able to change icon sets. Sigh .
    11-18-13 06:58 PM
    Something must be done w/ the BB10 icons, please, standard dimension, as you can see they're not equal (one square big, one square small, one square with round corners) it doesn't look clean, they do have different shapes, but still, something can be done, and lose that shadow background or at least toggle it. Thank you!
    They have suggested dimensions, styles, colours.

https://developer.blackberry.com/des...ion_icons.html

But are you saying that if YOU don't like the icons that developers CHOOSE for the applications that they developed, that Blackberry should deny putting the BB10 app on Blackberry World?

Cause Blackberry can standardize their icons, but then you will have downloaded apps with icons all over the place, so what is the point?
    11-18-13 07:17 PM
    It's funny that your initial complaint was the lack of consistent uniformity in the icon dimensions then you also briefly complained about the way BlackBerry attempted to address your first complaint (the shadow boxes behind the icons).

I think it's almost universally agreed that the shadow boxes do not help the lack of icon uniformity and mostly detract from the user experience. I don't know of anyone who likes them. Almost everyone thinks they should ditch them .

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 08:33 PM
    Yes, I do know there is something going on about BB10 icons, since the first time they've mentioned it I only expected to see the smallest change 'oh, look, new leak with features a' plenty. Oh, nothing about the icons. Well...' 'cuz, let's be honest, how many complained about password lock (picture password integrated now), about the way you accept or reject calls (new UI due), people actually think these two are not so important or game changing updates, but the icons issue is far more discussed and wanted, ASAP. Timing, because I don't want that update to pop up on my screen when the time comes for me to change my device, it's been 10 months since I have it, and icons issue came in the first month if I recall correctly. No diss to BlackBerry, or any others!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 03:50 AM