I think the people at Blackberry should realise that not everyone can just go and buy a new handset and they should try and keep the die hard BlackBerry owners who have been loyal and keep the BB10 system up to date. Also they should try and incorporate Android into the BB10/OS10 as suggested by many BlackBerry owners. Mr Chen think about the people who keep BlackBerry turning. BlackBerry handsets are rarely advertised so BlackBerry owners get their info through forums like this one. There are enough Android phones on the market BlackBerry was unique keep it that way.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 12:23 PM
    They stopped thinking about the diehards a long time ago. why so many of us jumped ship and made ourselves happy with something else.
    08-31-16 12:27 PM
    New handsets give them revenue, hiring all of the laid off developers and propping up the decaying husk of BB10 not so much.
    08-31-16 12:29 PM
    I think the people at Blackberry should realise that not everyone can just go and buy a new handset and they should try and keep the die hard BlackBerry owners who have been loyal and keep the BB10 system up to date. Also they should try and incorporate Android into the BB10/OS10 as suggested by many BlackBerry owners. Mr Chen think about the people who keep BlackBerry turning. BlackBerry handsets are rarely advertised so BlackBerry owners get their info through forums like this one. There are enough Android phones on the market BlackBerry was unique keep it that way.

Posted via CB10
    After losing billions of dollars on bb10 already, how much more do you think they should spend? It would probably cost them less to provide a free DTEK50 to all bb10 users rather than develop, code, distribute, and support the Android OS on existing Legacy bb10 devices. And you can imagine how unlikely that would happen. Enjoy your phone the way it is now.
    Tien-Lin Chang and andy957 like this.
    08-31-16 12:30 PM
    They are updating the OS, they cannot upgrade the ART, and what good would it do to put the fan base ahead of corporate survival. The last two BB10 phones released were a direct response to the loyalists, and dismal sales failure.
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    08-31-16 12:34 PM
    Poor old man ranting in an armchair on the porch... 😂

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-31-16 12:35 PM
    I am not a computer expert so apologies for the lack of knowledge. I just wanted to say that the BlackBerry 10 is unique and brilliant but if it has to go then I will be disappointed as there is not another handset on the market that I would buy. Hoping they can keep doing update but since I do not know what ART is I will keep my Passport till the last breath. I would not waste my money on the BlackBerry android system unless they bring out a keyboard version. By the way I am a young woman living the the UK.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 01:38 PM
    Poor old man ranting in an armchair on the porch... 😂

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Shaking his fist at the sky because it's raining.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 01:46 PM
    Blackberry is not a non profit it is just that simple. BB10 is a failure and it would be stupid to sink money into something that does not have a snow ball chance in hell in making a profit.

Posted via CB10
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    09-01-16 04:16 PM
    Blackberry is not a non profit it is just that simple. BB10 is a failure and it would be stupid to sink money into something that does not have a snow ball chance in hell in making a profit.

Posted via CB10
    Not even a non profit does that.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-16 06:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    So it's a confirmed duopoly now....? :-(

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    09-05-16 09:23 PM
    So it's a confirmed duopoly now....? :-(

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    The duopoly was confirmed a while ago, by developers and consumers. Some people seem unable or unwilling to accept that. It's a shame, because competition sparks innovation and keeps companies from resting on their laurels.
    09-06-16 05:31 AM
    The duopoly was confirmed a while ago, by developers and consumers. Some people seem unable or unwilling to accept that. It's a shame, because competition sparks innovation and keeps companies from resting on their laurels.
    And somehow both Android and IOS see major releases every single year.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    09-06-16 05:37 AM
    As a result of the competition between their respective developers. The shame is that it's really just between Apple and Google at this point.
    09-06-16 06:03 AM
    We can clearly see down here in Australia how damaging a duopoly (Woolworths and Coles supermarkets) can be for consumers. And what positive effects a third competitor can have.

I'm glad ALDI is cleaning them out and giving them a hard time, yet ALDI as a relatively new entry to the " competition" is the smallest, cheapest (20-30%!) and most profitable (!!!) of them...

:-D

(prob is, we feel there wasn't any "competition" before ALDI came to the table)

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/busi...29-gp6vp6.html

09-06-16 04:35 PM
    It doesn't matter how few or how many players there are in a given sector, there's only competition if they're actually competing.

Eg. around here there's at least 6 different big-name gas companies, but they all charge exactly the same rate for gas, it changes at exactly the same times, and by exactly the same amounts. We all assume they're colluding with each other. So having 6 different 'competing' companies doesn't help in any way.

Conversely, even if the smartphone market has coalesced into a 'dualopoly', IMHO Apple and Google/Samsung/et cetera are still competing. They're still pushing each other to move forward with technology.

That may not last forever, but for now it appears to me to be the case.
    09-06-16 04:49 PM
    Eg. around here there's at least 6 different big-name gas companies, but they all charge exactly the same rate for gas, it changes at exactly the same times, and by exactly the same amounts. We all assume they're colluding with each other. So having 6 different 'competing' companies doesn't help in any way.
    It's because they have the same dependencies.

Oil has a global price per barrel - obviously that price changes all the time, but all of the companies pay the global price. They also all react to changes in that global price -potentially several times per day as the trading price rises and falls - so that's why you see all stations change prices as they do.

And most companies have cross agreements for refining, so several companies will buy refined gasoline from the same refineries at (or very close to) the same price. The primary difference between brands of gasoline (assuming the same octane rating) is the detergent packages each company uses.

Shipment costs are going to be similar from company to company too, so, really, the biggest differences are going to be things like advertising costs, administrative costs, and how much of their own oil that company is pumping (and what it cost them to find/drill/pump it).
    09-06-16 09:12 PM
    I am not a computer expert so apologies for the lack of knowledge. I just wanted to say that the BlackBerry 10 is unique and brilliant but if it has to go then I will be disappointed as there is not another handset on the market that I would buy. Hoping they can keep doing update but since I do not know what ART is I will keep my Passport till the last breath. I would not waste my money on the BlackBerry android system unless they bring out a keyboard version. By the way I am a young woman living the the UK.

Posted via CB10
    They already have a keyboard version. Priv.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 04:02 PM