Blieberry

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 07:36 PM
    What absolutely astounded me was that RIM decided to rename itself after their badly-tarnished product name! Every company has had products whose lifespan has come and gone, even iconic products, but they made something else with a new brand and continued on. BB embracing the name of a product that has so much ill will by consumers told me that BB's management was living in a bubble and had no clue what was going on in the world around them.

RIM should have released BB10 under a totally different brand name, so that it was obvious to everyone that this was a NEW phone, NEW OS, and shouldn't be tied to the expectations of the old products. But that just made too much sense.
    My thoughts exactly. Hoping Mr. Chen is bold enough to change device names and market them.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 07:30 AM
    My thoughts exactly. Hoping Mr. Chen is bold enough to change device names and market them.

Posted via CB10
    The QNX phone!!!!!

sent from my galaxy note 3
    12-11-13 08:15 AM
    Bad perception is a huge reason to change
    Apple had successful products (iAnything), failed products (Newton), and products that ran their life cycle. BlackBerry was the product Research in Motion that had ran it's course, and viewed negatively now by many for failing to keep up with the times. It would be like Apple renaming itself to Newton after the failure of the Newton. Research in Motion should have kept that name for the company, and left the name BlackBerry for the legacy device, and created a new name for the new phones, especially since they require new infrastructure anyway. Now they have a negative named tied to a new, great product, that is preventing people from giving it serious consideration. Unfortunately they had some uber fans, including Kevin, that didn't realize that the name BlackBerry was poison and pushed for renaming the company to the product that had disappointed many with a series of failures over the past few years.

Posted via CB10
    That's true!
    Stephen N Cooper likes this.
    12-13-13 04:58 PM
    In the past BlackBerry was known to do what no other device can do. BlackBerry was the reason they started calling these handheld devices smartphones. Now that sheeple think iPhone is the end all-be all, they won?t see that BlackBerry is in this game in a different capacity.

From the BBZ10 STL 100-3 Superphone pumped up with vitamin 10.2.1.1925
    01-12-14 02:04 PM
    FoxxBerry. (jk)

Posted from my Q10 via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-12-14 03:23 PM
31 12