It's time to change the name. From now on, all devices should be called something other than a BlackBerry. The time is just not right during this turnaround to release another "BlackBerry". No more Z__ either. Pick a catchy but bold name. The market is not responding to the name "BlackBerry " right now. Produce a device with a different name. It'll work.

" The New ______ with access to Android And Amazon apps.

Posted via CB10
    GSM-S likes this.
    12-09-13 08:12 PM
    Moved your thread to the appropriate subforum.
    12-09-13 08:14 PM
    But...but..Blackberry is an awesome name.
    CDM76 and iBelieveInBB like this.
    12-09-13 08:20 PM
    Olallieberry!!!
    12-09-13 08:28 PM
    It's time to change the name. From now on, all devices should be called something other than a BlackBerry. The time is just not right during this turnaround to release another "BlackBerry". No more Z__ either. Pick a catchy but bold name. The market is not responding to the name "BlackBerry " right now. Produce a device with a different name. It'll work.

Posted via CB10

Gobbles.
    12-09-13 08:29 PM
    RIM (Research In Motion) changed it's name to BlackBerry (the device that made them famous). The original innovators of the industry. BlackBerry needs to hear my ideas. They can be back on track to being the industry leader once again!

Posted with my BBZ10 Superphone via CB10 app
    12-09-13 10:41 PM
    Change to what? BlueBerry?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 04:47 AM
    I move to change the name to Banana Phone!

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    12-10-13 05:01 AM
    I move to change the name to Banana Phone!

Posted via CB10
    Makes me think of this: http://m.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/inn...TC|18464|%2Blg curved phone||SM|e|35599021205

To the OP, I understand what your saying, disconnect from the "bad" name. However, the press would never let them disconnect from their previous history, most of that history is actually good, Apple turned around without changing their name, and most importantly of all, I like the name BlackBerry

Pounded out via Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    raw_dog likes this.
    12-10-13 05:17 AM
    I happen to like BlackBerry. I loved the Bold 's name. My signature for a while was "BB Bold, BB Uniq". What is needed it marketing, education and keeping ahead of the technology out there.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 10:09 AM
    I too feel the name is too damaged to be associated with phones. When many think of BlackBerry they think of spinning hour glasses, app-less, locked down BBOS devices that are good at voice and email only. BlackBerry is either unwilling or unable to spend the money to rehab the name, and change that perception so it must go. Relying on the shrinking user fan base, that you've let down with gaffs like BB10 coming to the PlayBook and constantly missing expectations that BlackBerry set is not going to work either. Branding change is probably the easiest and cheapest of the available options.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 01:27 PM
    AndroidBerry would only be the logical choice.

BlackAndroid sounds too much like a superhero.
    crackd11 likes this.
    12-10-13 01:43 PM
    OP, totally get what you say. BlackBerry has a bad image. I don't think that changing the name will assist them at all in today's consumer market unless they change their name to either iPhone or Samsung, which of course is not possible.
    12-10-13 01:57 PM
    AndroidBerry would only be the logical choice.

BlackAndroid sounds too much like a superhero.
    BlackDroid? Or maybe DroidBerry? Oooooo or AndroidBlack
    12-10-13 02:02 PM
    I like the brand and the name blackberry. Any name change will come at an extreme cost to the company.

Posted via Black ZeD on 10.2.1.1055
    12-10-13 02:12 PM
    They should able to customize the blackberry to (firstname)berry or (insertword)berry.

It would be very catchy.

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    12-10-13 02:18 PM

Posted via CB10

Sooooo Blandroid?

I vote to keep the name BlackBerry.

#TeamBlackBerry
    12-10-13 02:23 PM
    The battle is lost in the carrier stores. No matter the name, the sales reps will still steer folks away unless the device itself is compelling. They'll just say yeah "that's made by BlackBerry".

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055
    Thud Hardsmack and Mr.Monty like this.
    12-10-13 02:27 PM
    great idea scalemaster34

I like AndroidBerry! Lol

But I would suggest putting Berry first. It could be their name and slogan all in one which would be a cost savings as well.
    12-10-13 03:17 PM
    BlackDroid? Or maybe DroidBerry? Oooooo or AndroidBlack
    I wouldn't doubt they would use the Droid name..... and later learn that Lucasfilm Ltd. owns the Trademark.
    12-10-13 03:41 PM
    What absolutely astounded me was that RIM decided to rename itself after their badly-tarnished product name! Every company has had products whose lifespan has come and gone, even iconic products, but they made something else with a new brand and continued on. BB embracing the name of a product that has so much ill will by consumers told me that BB's management was living in a bubble and had no clue what was going on in the world around them.

RIM should have released BB10 under a totally different brand name, so that it was obvious to everyone that this was a NEW phone, NEW OS, and shouldn't be tied to the expectations of the old products. But that just made too much sense.
    12-10-13 04:16 PM
    I guess the idea was a unified brand would be stronger. They never thought BlackBerry would get a black eye in the market. Was risky, but was it calculated?

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    12-10-13 04:26 PM
    No and no. BlackBerry is actually a pretty sweet brand name. Why change it except the reason for "bad perception"? Should Apple also do the same even if they're not in the same situation as BlackBerry? Plus it's too late for BlackBerry to switch operating systems. I wouldn't even want them to rid QNX. Too much has happened with the new embedded system. QNX > Linux.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 05:03 PM
    No and no. BlackBerry is actually a pretty sweet brand name. Why change it except the reason for "bad perception"? Should Apple also do the same even if they're not in the same situation as BlackBerry? Plus it's too late for BlackBerry to switch operating systems. I wouldn't even want them to rid QNX. Too much has happened with the new embedded system. QNX > Linux.

Posted via CB10
    Bad perception is a huge reason to change
    Apple had successful products (iAnything), failed products (Newton), and products that ran their life cycle. BlackBerry was the product Research in Motion that had ran it's course, and viewed negatively now by many for failing to keep up with the times. It would be like Apple renaming itself to Newton after the failure of the Newton. Research in Motion should have kept that name for the company, and left the name BlackBerry for the legacy device, and created a new name for the new phones, especially since they require new infrastructure anyway. Now they have a negative named tied to a new, great product, that is preventing people from giving it serious consideration. Unfortunately they had some uber fans, including Kevin, that didn't realize that the name BlackBerry was poison and pushed for renaming the company to the product that had disappointed many with a series of failures over the past few years.

Posted via CB10
    siddharth likes this.
    12-10-13 06:54 PM
    No way. The last thing we need is for consumers to learn a new name in an already crowded game. Besides, once the word is out that it's a BlackBerry under another name it will be seen as another admission that it's a loser product trying to hide under a new image. BlackBerry is a winner. Remind people about BlackBerry's past victories, present product advantages and future confidence that it can and will meet the needs, wants and expectations of those who chose to use a BlackBerry product. Everything is cyclical and it's time stage the rebound of this incredible brand. The name is known the world over from it's former successes. To start anew with a name change will just be throwing away everything that has been won through the years. Walk the walk and talk the talk of a winner and people will follow. There are great products already on the shelf, the key is to increase the number of shelves in the market and let people know about it. Show what BlackBerry can do and get out of the shadows. Ok, enough ranting from my soapbox. I'm going to bask in the glow of my new BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 07:23 PM
31 12