I keep reading ( and agreeing) that BlackBerry needs a better marketing plan. They do have good phones, great business Security, innovative phone designs but unless you do your homework about BlackBerry, you will never know what they have to offer.

Most people that I meet still think that BlackBerry works on the BIS network and has the old slow browser. They don't know about the all touch keyboards. They all seem to think that BlackBerry is still the same as OS6-7. BB10 is unknown!.

So let's have some fun and pretend to be the BlackBerry Marketing Department . Show us a slogan or brief marketing plan that you think will bring BlackBerry market share back.

Something like.....

BlackBerry 10.. made for Business.. because their is no i in team..

Go nuts. Have fun... maybe someone at BlackBerry marketing will get an idea...

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 11:00 PM
    Hey! Old white guys...
    We still sell phones!

08-03-15 11:21 PM
    Next

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 10:53 AM
    I keep reading ( and agreeing) that BlackBerry needs a better marketing plan. They do have good phones, great business Security, innovative phone designs but unless you do your homework about BlackBerry, you will never know what they have to offer.

Most people that I meet still think that BlackBerry works on the BIS network and has the old slow browser. They don't know about the all touch keyboards. They all seem to think that BlackBerry is still the same as OS6-7. BB10 is unknown!.

So let's have some fun and pretend to be the BlackBerry Marketing Department . Show us a slogan or brief marketing plan that you think will bring BlackBerry market share back.

Something like.....

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has been clueless about how to market for ages now. When Carriers are trying to sell you a BIS package with a Classic and/ or a Z30 phone, you know the company has crap marketing. John Chen knows this, but continues to ignore the facts.
    08-04-15 12:32 PM
    Telephone in hand, pauses and looks at the camera "If there were a better mobile communications device, Id be using it"
    08-04-15 01:29 PM
    Hey! Old white guys...
    We still sell phones!

(OT)

That's not racist, ageist, sexist or otherwise discriminatory, of course... ;-)

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-04-15 03:10 PM
    Do a demo of the swipe gestures, and how effortlessly you get stuff done, rather than hunting through a maze/mess of menus (looking at you, Android!) , (edit: or pressing a lonesome button, lol) ...

:-D

I'm not sure if KFC would sue, but the slogan is right here... \/

nt300 likes this.
    08-04-15 03:16 PM
    Need a celebrity for that... who?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 03:47 PM
    Although I really hate to admit it, I think BB10 devices are not something to be promoted as they are still limited in their app availability and an overall narrow feature set. I do think they need to target the enterprise consumers with the enterprise solution story, but pure devices, they'd get killed.

I've often thought the PGA would be an ideal marketing platform for Blackberry, as this is what old white corporate decision-maker guys watch.
    Last edited by EchoTango; 08-05-15 at 10:33 AM.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-05-15 10:00 AM
    Although I really hate to admit it, I think BB10 devices are not something to be promoted as they are still limited in their app availability and an overall narrow feature set. I do think they need to target the enterprise consumers with the enterprise solution story, but pure devices, they'd get killed.

I've often thought the PGA would be an ideal marketing platform for Blackberry, as this is what old white corporate decision-maker guys watch.
    I think there are plenty of people who use their smartphones almost exclusively for: calls, email, texting, Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, calendar, navigation, camera/photos, browser, and perhaps notes. BB10 has all these covered, though not always best in class. That is, there are plenty of people around who could be using BB10 who wouldn't feel pinched by the lack of apps etc. The trouble is, even though that population exists, and might actually appreciate the way BB10 works, I don't see how you can advertise to that niche without looking pathetic.

The intended message would be, It's better to do the important things well than to do everything. But the trouble with that message is, some of the important things aren't done well. A lot of people keep in touch with family via Facebook, but BB10's implementation of it is sub-par. BB Maps has gotten better, in my opinion, but still falls short of Google Maps in overall functionality. The Hub is great, but it's hard to convey what's great about it without letting someone just try it and see.

So, I'm not coming up with a brilliant ad campaign here.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-05-15 01:40 PM
    I knew I was onto something.
    08-05-15 06:03 PM
    I still want to see a commercial showing a housewife ironing with her right hand and checking messages with her left hand (Hub showing WhatsApp, Twitter, etc etc...) , then show her kids playing games on her phones.

Titel: True multitasking only with BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    08-06-15 05:49 AM
    But Chen is doing marketing.... have you not see the stories on Mackenzie Health. That isn't some random Health Group that bought into BES and BlackBerry. That is a marketing investment that Chen is using to try and get his foot into the healthcare market. I wouldn't be surprised if BlackBerry gave them the devices, the BES12 software and licenses and maybe even the servers it runs on and has set it all up for them. All in exchange for showcasing this installation.

That is very smart targeted marketing.

I think Chen knows that BlackBerry devices as they are.... are not consumer friendly. Thus any general marketing would be a waste of effort.
    igor10000 likes this.
    08-06-15 10:06 AM
    I don't have a cheeky marketing tagline to contribute, just wanted to throw my two cents in about marketing without cluttering the place with more threads:

I just got a BlackBerry yesterday, coming back from two years on iPhone- the realization the Blackberry's problem is in its marketing became very real to me when I learned about Blend...yesterday. iPhone can't do that- especially on Windows! What a competitive advantage! Why had I never heard of this before and more intensely?! I'm a Gen Y, not exactly living under a rock when it comes to media/social media...

Posted via CB10
    Batibreaker likes this.
    08-06-15 02:42 PM
    I don't have a cheeky marketing tagline to contribute, just wanted to throw my two cents in about marketing without cluttering the place with more threads:

I just got a BlackBerry yesterday, coming back from two years on iPhone- the realization the Blackberry's problem is in its marketing became very real to me when I learned about Blend...yesterday. iPhone can't do that- especially on Windows! What a competitive advantage! Why had I never heard of this before and more intensely?! I'm a Gen Y, not exactly living under a rock when it comes to media/social media...

Posted via CB10
    Blend on Windows, Mac, and iPad and 'Droid tablet...

It's awesome, and just not promoted enough. :-D

08-06-15 06:41 PM
    I liked mine on another thread:

Blackberry - not quite smart phones for the not quite self disciplined!

Blackberry - for when a Startac isn't quite enough!

Blackberry - it's more than a pager!
    09-05-15 08:20 PM

Something like.....

Posted via CB10
    Based on the thread's name, I thought for a moment that BlackBerry ACTUALLY had a marketing department

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 01:48 AM
    Old white guys? Everyone I know who has a BlackBerry is black.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 06:59 AM
    If market research i.e. listening to potential customers is part of marketing, then I must agree with the OP.

I've been submitting analysis and suggestion about certain product to BlackBerry as a potential customer who would seriously consider buying it but would decide not to. Half dozen emails sent to different addresses, and only one (to [email protected]) got reply, stating that BlackBerry support is a paid service. What's going on there? Do I look like the one who needs support?

Posted via CB10
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    09-06-15 12:02 PM
    In 30 seconds or less, show how SMART BB10 is versus how DUMB Android and iOS is. Then plaster that commercial everywhere. On YouTube and on TV.

Then let Android and/or iOS challenge BB10. Then we can watch them lose to the BEST.

I am not against the BB10 Slider phone, but they should have released a high end Z30 replacement at least a 1/2 a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 03:16 PM
    Half dozen emails sent to different addresses, and only one (to [email protected]) got reply, stating that BlackBerry support is a paid service. What's going on there? Do I look like the one who needs support?

Posted via CB10
    That is exactly what needs to be changed. BlackBerry needs a direct support channel for the masses rather than the hodge-podge mess they have now. Twitter? Come on.
    psskid likes this.
    09-09-15 03:28 PM
    Book the Apple C-Level suite for a day on their daily or hourly rate.... probably not much more expensive than Chen... :-)

�   Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...   �
    09-13-15 07:35 PM
    Do a demo of the swipe gestures, and how effortlessly you get stuff done, rather than hunting through a maze/mess of menus (looking at you, Android!) , (edit: or pressing a lonesome button, lol) ...

:-D

I'm not sure if KFC would sue, but the slogan is right here... \/

Lol
    SO TRUE....

Rocking a Z30
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    09-14-15 01:26 PM