I'm beginning to take the stance that the problem is with management. Everything was well and good when they were the top dog. For a company like RIM, it was fine. But it was a management incapable of reacting to change. The iPhone. It is also a company that seems to have no marketing sense, a company that doesn't know consumers.

And I still see the same, or at least largely the same type of management at BlackBerry. They may have a nice product in the market now (BlackBerry 10), but most of it are reactionary. Basically catching up to the competition. It has nice variations and improvements here and there but it is still lacking in some areas (ecosystem). And that, is not enough. It doesn't help that they are abandoning their legacy users, users that has the highest chance of adopting BlackBerry 10.

Yes, abandoning. While BlackBerry 10 is great, it is lacking a lot compared to BBOS in terms of productivity features. Why would people stick with BBOS? Productivity. I know that's the reason for me. It does the things that it do efficiently, and it does it well. How many of us actually stuck around because we love the brand? that we will buy anything that BlackBerry makes no matter it suit our needs or not? I know not me. While BlackBerry 10 still suit my needs well, it might not suit others. Evident by the amount of users who still prefer BBOS, and went back after the Q10. And I don't think it's fair to keep telling users, that "It's coming soon". Things that are common sense to me like keyboard shortcuts, speeddial, doesn't seem so common after all.

As mentioned in the video, I think there are certainly similarities, at least in some of the things I would like the company to do. They're drastic, but it needs to be done sooner or later. A huge change. If not I don't see them surviving in the long run.

The problem goes deeper than just poor marketing, poor mind share, poor public perception. The press release for one is a move I think ranks up high on the dumbest thing BlackBerry has done in my charts. Either they were really desperate in looking for a sale of the company, or breaking it up. OR, they are simply clueless.

If they were really looking for a sale in the company, and understood the implications that press release might have done, then it will be disappointing to me. It would be as if they haven't even given BlackBerry 10 a shot yet. They haven't even pushed as hard as they could, for as long as they could before calling it quits. It makes BlackBerry 10 simply a product they put out to survive, rather than a product that they think could really improve the way people use their phones and push the industry forward.

If they truly didn't know the implications, then it suggests a complete lack of competence. The press release hurt the brand perception they have been trying so hard to change. Everything while not great, still has a good momentum since BlackBerry 10 launch. That PR killed all momentum, and everything has been different since then. Consumers might be put off in buying a BB10 device, since the whole deal was blown up by the media, even local television news. "Company is struggling despite BlackBerry 10, the platform that is supposed to save them. BlackBerry is considering a sale among other options." How does that sound to the general consumers? How about developer momentum. How many developers who were on the fence previously thinking of making an app decided to hold off until further notice. How many companies?SME who were thinking about BlackBerry 10 are going to hold off now?

I would be surprised if next quarter they manage to sell more BlackBerry devices than last quarter. BUT, I would be happy to be proven wrong.
    09-04-13 08:12 AM

Apple still hasn't made many inroads in the Desktop OS
    They do own the lucrative part of it (laptop, >$1000). A large part of it because of industrial design and that their hardware can run Windows and a friendly UNIX. Apple definitely has adapted though. They've almost abandoned their big system power users, the core that kept them alive through the lean years.

I heard the iPhone 5C is going to be like $500. Is that true?
    Nothing official out yet but no way it will be as cheap off-contract as true entry level smartphones.
    09-04-13 08:55 AM
    why nt search for an inspirational figure for blackberry on google? atleast we can come up to some remarkable suggestions, until the board decides to literally sell it off

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    09-04-13 09:18 AM
28 12