Seriously...why not.....everyone else has and there's a considerable portion of the market that's drifting from contract service to prepaid services.

How many different variations of prepaid Android phones are out there? And how many US carriers alone are we talking about? Think about it BBRY.

Apple even saw the light. You can get prepaid iPhones on Virgin and Straighttalk services.

Nokia has been making a push recently w/ ATT by offering a prepaid Win 8 phone. And it's selling like crazy for those who've had the iOS and/or Android for a few years now and are now "played out" and want something new.

Why not make a push in the prepaid market to get BB10 into more hands? Look at what it's done for Google.

Just an idea...
    10-29-13 03:58 PM
    Hmm as long as you have data on your prepaid SIM you can buy z10 out of contract/unlocked and run it just like any other phone, it's not BBOS where BIS is required.
    10-29-13 04:01 PM
    If you mean selling their phones through the prepaid carriers, they'd probably need to have something they could price at a couple hundred bucks to get any traction. I don't know if they can get a BB10 phone into that price range.
    10-29-13 04:09 PM
    Correct me if wrong but don't most carriers already offer pay as you go plans?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 05:00 PM
    If you mean selling their phones through the prepaid carriers, they'd probably need to have something they could price at a couple hundred bucks to get any traction. I don't know if they can get a BB10 phone into that price range.
    They can use the written down Z10 phones. Excess inventory isn't better than low margin inventory.
    10-30-13 10:16 AM
    Anyone can buy a phone outright and use it on a pre-paid carrier. Nothing is stopping anyone from doing that right now - the phones are available from the BB website (among others), and pre-paid SIMs are also easily obtainable.
    10-30-13 11:59 AM
    That's exactly what I do... I prefer to have complete control and not be on plans. over data? Just get a data pack. Over calls? Just recharge. I've never had a bill surprise. Only downside is I have to buy the phone outright.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 03:57 PM
    Yes you can buy a BB10 device and use it with a prepaid plan. But you aren't going to see consumers oriented services like Boost or Straight Talk offering these none consumer devices. They are not a popular device do the won't attract customers to these services.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 08:48 PM
    You can buy an unlocked nexus 5 for 349.

You can't buy an unlocked Z30 for less than 600.

Posted via CB10
    browse_only likes this.
    10-31-13 09:21 PM
    I'm not talking about unlocked phones or buying them outright at absorbant prices. I'm talking about taking BB10 to Boost, Virgin, ATT Gophone, MetroPCS etc etc.
    11-03-13 08:30 AM
    I'm not talking about unlocked phones or buying them outright at absorbant prices. I'm talking about taking BB10 to Boost, Virgin, ATT Gophone, MetroPCS etc etc.
    These services tend to offer more entry level (cheap) devices. Even the Q5 does't qualify. And they offer devices that are consumer oriented, BB10 device are not very popular.... so why would these services want to offer a device that the average consumer is not going to want, or would not be happy with.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 03:34 PM
    I believe the OP Is talking about packaging BB10 phones with prepaid service like you see most Android phones on net 10, straight talk and virgin

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 09:32 AM
    I believe the OP Is talking about packaging BB10 phones with prepaid service like you see most Android phones on net 10, straight talk and virgin.
    And the obvious answer to that is that BB phones aren't cheap enough for people to buy them on price (compared to the competition, at $100-200 for decent modern Android & Windows phones), and aren't desirable enough to compete against the more expensive phones like the iPhone, Galaxy, One, G2, etc. They simply don't have a place in the lineup that makes sense, and prepaid carriers generally have only a limited number of offerings.

The bulk of what prepaid carriers sell are the lower-cost phones ($200 and less), and there are no BB10 phones in that price-range. You could argue for selling the Z10 at $200, but that would undermine the value of BB phones across the board, and would likely mean that BB makes virtually nothing on the phones (they'd likely be selling them to the carrier at $100-120 each, to retail at $200), even after the write-down.
    11-04-13 03:40 PM
    I think that BlackBerry should test the waters of the prepaid market. I don't see BB10 catering to the prepaid customers as the Hardware complements the Software and I'll be hard pressed to hear about a premium phone >$150.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 02:24 AM
    I have never had a phone on contract.

I buy a phone sim free [unlocked] cash and stick my sim in, many ppl do that, as for exhorbitant price , I paid less than $350 US for a new Z10, that is not Exhorbitant
    11-05-13 02:36 AM
    I hope they do!!!!!!!!

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    11-05-13 08:09 AM