BlackBerry has a Major Issue with the Amazon App Store. Apps that were previously available to all BB10 devices, and worked flawlessly now are not available via the Amazon App Store. This issie pretty much makes this App Store obsolete and/or useless.
    What on earth is going on here? This isn't just happening with BB10, it's happening with a bunch of Android Phones too.

QUOTE:
    Amazon's Compatability Method is Ridiculous and Clueless.
    By NT - April 8, 2015
    Amazon Verified Purchase
    This App downloaded off another App store Runs Flawlessly on all BlackBerry 10 Smart Phones. Yet for some reason Amazon seems to think otherwise.

All BB10 owners have the Amazon App Store Pre-Installed by Default. Stop withholding apps please.

Was forced to use 1Mobile to get this app along with Netflix.
    Amazon needs to scrap there compatibility methods because it's only causing confusion and frustration.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B00RK...UvbUpU11546060
    ----------------------
    Now here's an e-mail from me to Amazon's App department. Reason for this e-mail is they claimed they don't have Starbucks nor Netflix in there App Store? RU Kidding me? Can you get anymore clueless LOL.

QUOTE:
    Thank You,*
    But actually yes they are in fact Available on the Amazon App Store. Both Starbucks and Netflix. Among many more...

Starbucks App
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00RKN...UvbUpU11546060
    Sold by Amazon Appstore

Netflix App
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005ZX...UvbUpU11546060
    Sold by Amazon Appstore

‎Thanks, hopefully they have this issue rectified ASAP.
    ---------------------
    In REPLY TO THIS:
    Thank you for reporting this to us.

I have personally forwarded your feedback to our Appstore development team for consideration and improvement.

Further, I've researched about the apps Netflix and Starbucks and found that they aren't available in the Amazon Appstore at this time. We're constantly working with various app developers for adding apps to our selection, and apps unavailable now may become available in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

John Chen and Amazon need a sit down and get this absolute nonsense resolved. Or BB10 Leap owners for example will shred new customers. Due to Amazon's incompetent app selection methods for devices used.

Sexy White Z30....
    04-09-15 07:40 AM
    Reading the reviews, people with Amazon Fire phones are also having this issue.
    04-09-15 07:48 AM
    It's not always amazon. App developers have the power to restrict their apps for certain devices based on a number of criterias. So if an app would not look well on a 1:1 screen (passport for example), you can just restrict the app from being downloaded on such devices. It doesn't matter how well/bad an app runs on a device, if the app developer decides he doesn't want to support a certain type of device, then Amazon can't force them to. The same applies to Google play.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    04-09-15 10:45 AM
    Although most people here intensely dislike the idea of a locked-down app catalog, one of the advantages is a significantly higher level of coordination between app developers, the app store, and hardware which greatly reduces compatibility issues.

Android is and always has been a compatibility cluster-f*. I'm pretty sure that neither Blackberry nor Amazon can do anything about it.

This is really about expectations, isn't it? The expectation, now, is that most Android apps are compatible. Prior to opening up the Amazon App Store, it wasn't an issue. It's an inevitable result of opening up the Amazon App Store to BB10.
    04-09-15 11:46 AM
    Not much BlackBerry can do about it. It's up to the developers to choose which devices they wish to support. I think Netflix got a few nasty emails from BlackBerry users initially (who didn't know how to use their own devices) and Netflix basically said f u.

Only two stores support in-app purchases: Amazon or Google Play Store. Since we can't have the latter, there we are.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    04-09-15 12:00 PM
    So basically the amazon app store which was supposed to close the app gap did not and is the same thing as bbworld, not many popular apps and not many updates. Great partnership. Wonder what BB had to spend for this?
    04-09-15 12:15 PM
    So basically the amazon app store which was supposed to close the app gap did not and is the same thing as bbworld, not many popular apps and not many updates. Great partnership. Wonder what BB had to spend for this?
    It wasn't a "partnership" and I'm guessing Blackberry didn't have to spend anything. Maybe Amazon paid BBRY a little bit for promoting their app store on their devices. Maybe.
    04-09-15 12:29 PM
    Not much BlackBerry can do about it. It's up to the developers to choose which devices they wish to support. I think Netflix got a few nasty emails from BlackBerry users initially (who didn't know how to use their own devices) and Netflix basically said f u.

Only two stores support in-app purchases: Amazon or Google Play Store. Since we can't have the latter, there we are.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Perhaps people got my original post confused. This has nothing to do with App Developers. This is the process in which Amazon screens phones to determine whether they can use an App or not. My Z30 for example can run the Starbucks and Netflix Apps flawlessly with no issues. All of a sudden, they no longer appear to me in the Amazon App Store. That's just Ridiculous. So I get them from somewhere else, like SNAP and poof they work just fine.

This is an Amazon Screening issue, not a DEV issue. Even many Android are having weird issues. Anyhow, after more extensive research, I came to the conclusion that Amazon is way behind on App Updates. The moment I tricked the Amazon App store in getting there Netflix App for my Z30, the 1Mobile market quickly tells me there's an update to that Netflix app.

BlackBerry partners with Amazon to offer 240,000 Android apps
    http://www.techtimes.com/articles/87...droid-apps.htm
    04-09-15 12:30 PM
    Great partnership. Wonder what BB had to spend for this?
    I'll bet Blackberry didn't have to spend anything - and they certainly got their money's worth. Amazon enters into all sorts of arrangements in an effort to increase their customer base even though most of them don't catch on. Plenty of their affiliate programs eventually die out. Does anyone really think the button that you push to order more laundry detergent is going to catch on?

There probably isn't much monitoring of compatibility on Amazon's part. Someone flips a software switch and compatibility ends.
    04-09-15 12:35 PM
    04-09-15 12:36 PM
    Perhaps people got my original post confused. This has nothing to do with App Developers. This is the process in which Amazon screens phones to determine whether they can use an App or not. My Z30 for example can run the Starbucks and Netflix Apps flawlessly with no issues. All of a sudden, they no longer appear to me in the Amazon App Store. That's just Ridiculous. So I get them from somewhere else, like SNAP and poof they work just fine.

This is an Amazon Screening issue, not a DEV issue. Even many Android are having weird issues. Anyhow, after more extensive research, I came to the conclusion that Amazon is way behind on App Updates. The moment I tricked the Amazon App store in getting there Netflix App for my Z30, the 1Mobile market quickly tells me there's an update to that Netflix app.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/87...droid-apps.htm
    When I spoke with Amazon regarding the sudden disappearance of Monument Valley, they told me they had nothing to do with vetting apps (for compatibility) or choosing which devices are supported. It is solely the developers' responsibility. I have no other source to confirm or deny this statement.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Last edited by conite; 04-09-15 at 01:44 PM.
    04-09-15 12:39 PM
    Amazon does nothing of the sort, and neither does Google. That's 100% up to the developers. When a dev uploads their app, they can choose which classes of devices to support (which Android API level, which screen aspect ratios, etc.) or even brands and models, and with a click of a button, they can shut off support for any devices they choose not to support, which will make that app invisible if you are using a non-supported device. That way, if you're using a Gingerbread (Android 2.3) device, and they only support 4.0 and above, you'll never see the app. Or, if you are using a tablet, and they only support phones, you won't see the app, etc.

Clearly, it is the developers who are disabling BB10 device support, not Amazon, and there is absolutely nothing Amazon (or Google) can do if that's what a developer chooses to do.
    JeepBB and mikeo007 like this.
    04-09-15 01:21 PM

BlackBerry partners with Amazon to offer 240,000 Android apps : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times
    From your link

BlackBerry will soon have access to popular mobile apps such as Pinterest, Netflix, Groupon, Minecraft and Candy Crush Saga, among others. All of which will be accessible for direct download. The company says BlackBerry users still have other choices, however.
    I guess that was then and this is now.
    04-09-15 02:09 PM
    If money changed hands, I would guess it went from BBRY to Amazon. Conjecture on my part.

As far as the app compatibility goes, my research indicates it is developer-driven, and indirectly occurs based on feedback from users. In other words, developers get complaints, they fix the issue in the easiest way possible.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-09-15 02:29 PM
    Guys download aptoide you can get access to all of the google store apps even updates will not promise all will work but it is very simple, get it from the website if you do not have snap
    04-09-15 02:40 PM
    Guys download aptoide you can get access to all of the google store apps even updates will not promise all will work but it is very simple, get it from the website if you do not have snap
    Cobalt's modified Google Play Store is much better. You can make in-app purchases in addition to update notifications, saved apks, and obb file installation. It's the best solution by far.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=985344

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    nt300 likes this.
    04-09-15 02:44 PM
    If money changed hands, I would guess it went from BBRY to Amazon. Conjecture on my part.

As far as the app compatibility goes, my research indicates it is developer-driven, and indirectly occurs based on feedback from users. In other words, developers get complaints, they fix the issue in the easiest way possible.
    My main point is, "there's no" compatibility issues. The issue is Amazon's method in determining what apps are for a specific device. Not allowing to get Starbucks and Netflix for the Z30 is Ridiculous LOL.

How can we remove Amazon from the phone? I'll stick to SNAP.

Sexy White Z30....
    04-09-15 03:40 PM
    My main point is, "there's no" compatibility issues. The issue is Amazon's method in determining what apps are for a specific device. Not allowing to get Starbucks and Netflix for the Z30 is Ridiculous LOL.

How can we remove Amazon from the phone? I'll stick to SNAP.

Sexy White Z30....
    You keep misunderstanding. Amazon does not determine app compatibility for given devices. They have nothing to do with it. The developer pulled Netflix for BlackBerry devices - NOT Amazon.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    04-09-15 04:02 PM
    You keep misunderstanding. Amazon does not determine app compatibility for given devices. They have nothing to do with it. The developer pulled Netflix for BlackBerry devices - NOT Amazon.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Not according to Amazon App technicians. They've been having a wide range of issues with apps, and not only for BB10 devices but for a wide range of Android devices too. So you are telling me that DEV's pulled support for Android Smart Phones such as the Fire Phone and the Samsung Galaxy S4 and 5 too?
    04-09-15 06:40 PM
    Not according to Amazon App technicians. They've been having a wide range of issues with apps, and not only for BB10 devices but for a wide range of Android devices too. So you are telling me that DEV's pulled support for Android Smart Phones such as the Fire Phone and the Samsung Galaxy S4 and 5 too?
    AFAIK, the devs control the compatibility flags for OS versions and devices - exclusively.

This was confirmed by an Amazon rep I spoke with.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    04-09-15 06:45 PM
    AFAIK, the devs control the compatibility flags for OS versions and devices - exclusively.

This was confirmed by an Amazon rep I spoke with.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Wonder why DEV's would screen out Android and BB10 devices then via the Amazon App Store? Does not make any sense at all. They don't screen them out of 1Mobile, why Amazon. Humm.
    04-09-15 08:51 PM
    Wonder why DEV's would screen out Android and BB10 devices then via the Amazon App Store? Does not make any sense at all. They don't screen them out of 1Mobile, why Amazon. Humm.
    1Mobile is not a legit app store.
    sentimentGX4 and mikeo007 like this.
    04-09-15 09:07 PM
    Because of support costs. Testing an app on all kinds of platform is time consuming. maybe devs simply don't want to take in the time to test their apps for BB10 devices, especially ones with weird screen ratios (Passport, classic, q10).

Also remember that this Amazon partnership thing was not something that was discussed with devs. All apps in the Amazon app store were t Amazon devices and were developed and tested as such. Out of the blue, this partnership came. Most devs don't have any BB10 devices to test their apps on, so if any issues appear with their apps on BB10 they would get poor reviews and such. It's far easier to just block them.
    04-10-15 02:58 AM
    IMO, The price for BB was to drop their BBW media and video store so as not to compete with Amazon.

You may recall that the BBW media store closed, completely coincidently I'm sure, when Amazon granted BB access to their store.

It's not really a partnership.
    kbz1960 and Bbnivende like this.
    04-10-15 07:31 AM
    IMO, The price for BB was to drop their BBW media and video store so as not to compete with Amazon.

You may recall that the BBW media store closed, completely coincidently I'm sure, when Amazon granted BB access to their store.

It's not really a partnership.
    Fair guess.

That was a huge, huge price IMHO.
    04-10-15 08:10 AM
58 123