so this so called 'partnership' with amazon app store.. what am i missing here?!?

At announcement, it sounded like a great idea. now we are 9mo into this so called partnership, and what are we really gaining??
    Amazon does NOT advertise their apps being compatible on BlackBerry 10 devices. How is this different that a BB10 user just finding their own apk and installing it? BB can preinstall a shortcut to 1mobile, or apktrain, or any other free online app store.. why are they throwing money away?
    Amazon app store is in no way a "native app store" or not merged/ tabbed in BB World. there are all the things I kind of expected from the "partnership"

What am i missing?
    03-11-15 12:06 PM
    Nothing.
    ikalinin likes this.
    03-12-15 06:24 AM
    It's not a partnership. It's BlackBerry using amazon to gain traction for app selection
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-12-15 06:52 AM
    so this so called 'partnership' with amazon app store.. what am i missing here?!?

At announcement, it sounded like a great idea. now we are 9mo into this so called partnership, and what are we really gaining??
    Amazon does NOT advertise their apps being compatible on BlackBerry 10 devices. How is this different that a BB10 user just finding their own apk and installing it? BB can preinstall a shortcut to 1mobile, or apktrain, or any other free online app store.. why are they throwing money away?
    Amazon app store is in no way a "native app store" or not merged/ tabbed in BB World. there are all the things I kind of expected from the "partnership"

What am i missing?
    It's BlackBerry paying for this access? I really don't know and am curious.

Either way, it looks like the partnership is more of permission to access of sorts.
    03-12-15 07:14 AM
    Folks still don't get it.

Chen is not your friend as a non-enterprise consumer.

He basically does not want the consumers money. Period.

BlackBerry hates America!
    03-12-15 08:06 AM

What am i missing?
    When has BlackBerry every delivered what was expected....

We have access, and that is about all we are going to get.

Amazon isn't going to force developers to make their apps compatible with BB10, they are having a hard enough time just getting them to port them over to begin with.
    And BlackBerry can't really "merge" it into BlackBerry world or try to make it appear that it is theirs... as it isn't, it's Amazons. And simple some apps will work, some will not - users are pretty much just on the own.

We don't know if there is really any money going from BlackBerry to Amazon for this "partnership"... maybe Amazon is just getting 100% of the proceeds from purchased Apps, without having to support those apps. Maybe it helps Amazon to have an extra 5 or 6 million users.

Didn't 1mobile come preinstalled in Indonesia when the Z3 launched?
    03-12-15 08:24 AM
    I saw a kind of BlackBerry store section on Amazons website. I don't know if it existed before that "partnership" or if this is a part of that BlackBerry and amazon relationship.

Posted via CB10 on my ZED10
    03-12-15 06:29 PM
    1 mobile is so bad though, does things doesn't need to be done and actually did freeze a lot on my q10.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    03-13-15 04:57 AM
    BlackBerry didn't make money with BlackBerry World even when it was the only app store available for BB10 devices.

They make money from selling phones, not apps, so the reason behind the Amazon deal was that plugging the app gap would help them sell more devices.

So, to answer your question: they are not throwing money away with Amazon app store in any significant amount.
    03-13-15 05:23 AM
    BlackBerry didn't make money with BlackBerry World even when it was the only app store available for BB10 devices.

They make money from selling phones, not apps, so the reason behind the Amazon deal was that plugging the app gap would help them sell more devices.

So, to answer your question: they are not throwing money away with Amazon app store in any significant amount.
    Why couldn't they simply advertise 3rd party app support??? What does Amazon App store mean to you and me?? Absolutely nothing. It means even less to the rest of the people out there

posted with my zзо
    03-13-15 05:22 PM
    Why couldn't they simply advertise 3rd party app support??? What does Amazon App store mean to you and me?? Absolutely nothing. It means even less to the rest of the people out there

posted with my zзо
    I think that would backfire.
    03-13-15 06:51 PM
    Amazon clearly did BlackBerry a solid.
    03-13-15 11:28 PM
    1 mobile is so bad though, does things doesn't need to be done and actually did freeze a lot on my q10.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    1Mobile is the best App Store if you want Google Play Apps. It runs very well on BB10. Never had an issue with my Q5 or a Z10 to date.
    03-15-15 10:13 PM