Where should BB resources be allocated: demos vs. actual applications/interface?

From the user perspective, I've seen comments about where is TAT? Where are all the demos that have been displayed?

I've also recently seen Alec Saunders recent tweet in response: "motives are not to tease -- but to inspire. And we do see devs using our samples. There are now 470 in our github."

But is BB really missing something here or am I missing something? Who are they trying to inspire? A good chunk of the apps are from S4BB (1 out of 3?). Are there sufficient number of developers to keep on putting resources toward "inspiring"? Should these resources be allocated elsewhere?

I'm for the later - resources (whatever is left of them) should now be allocated elsewhere. They need to inspire their user base to retain and attract. I say "just do it" - no more demos or inspiring. If it is baked into the system, wouldn't devs say interesting maybe I should incorporate or borrow from that....

What am I missing? Is Alec right? ... my random thought that is bothering me since I saw the tweet.
    10-04-13 09:17 AM
    BlackBerry has spent way too much time think about doing and not enough doing
    needforbbx likes this.
    10-04-13 03:15 PM
    Just remember that most of the S4BB apps are city location planner type things for tourists.

Oh yeah... and I think it's great. I know I can go virtually anywhere and have a guide for me that S4BB built.

BlackBerry & Nintendo Alliance. Bring Pokmon to BlackBerry 10.
    needforbbx likes this.
    10-04-13 05:16 PM
    Hi I was having this twitter discussion with Alec and I basically was having the same arguments. His point of view is that they are getting people devs on board and they want them to build cool stuff like tat is doing. They say that it works (from github stats). However if you look at the apps available on BlackBerry World very few have the TAT magic.

So I think they they should bring at least core apps with TAT : make native twitter awesome, contacts app in 3d, super calendar app etc.. only part of that is implanted such as the phone, the calculator, the compass or the clock.

They still need to influence their dev base although consumers don't see the point of it of one doesn't get a cool app within a year time ( tat demos have been around for a long time). At one point they need to realize that if within two to three years nobody was inspired by the awesomely cool carousel media player app for tat then it doesn't work.

Now two upcoming app come and contradict me: car tripper from @endare (check their tweet) with the smart use of windshield reflection to display info as big with airplane hub) and photo wall (bbm channel C0012412) with a great looking carousel photo viewer. Now I just hope more and more are coming.

I am Zeeing things. There I Zed it.
    10-07-13 04:54 PM