If 70M subcribers buy 7 shares each of blackberry they can make it private easily.
    09-07-13 11:52 AM
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry!!
    I think other people have been hinting at this already! We will see what happens. I do love my Z10.
    Enjoy your stay here at CB!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-07-13 11:54 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry. Well, whatever happens, I'll be here. Definitely enjoying my Z10 as well.
    09-07-13 11:57 AM
    If 70M subcribers buy 7 shares each of blackberry they can make it private easily.
    I agree 70m subscribers can save BB, but in a different way. It largely depend on what their next device will be after their current contracts run out. If BB wants to stand any chance of survival, IMO, they have to look after the existing support base. If that is stable, only then can they hope to grow. Is releasing a new legacy device the answer? Only time will tell if the 70m upgrade to a new BB or move along.
    09-07-13 12:04 PM
    A corporation owned by 70 million shareholders would not be privately-held.

Here is the definition from Wikipedia:
    "A privately held company or close corporation is a business company owned either by non-governmental organizations or by a relatively small number of shareholders or company members which does not offer or trade its company stock (shares) to the general public on the stock market exchanges, but rather the company's stock is offered, owned and traded or exchanged privately."

Not trying to jump on you, just hoping to clear things up.

Posted via CB10
    Highcroft likes this.
    09-07-13 12:55 PM
    ok - again, not jumping on anyone here, but I would have to ask if 70m of us did that, then what happens just out of interest? Worth thinking through to the next step I would say?
    09-07-13 02:54 PM
    Lol dammit stop bursting bubbles!

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    offyoutoddle likes this.
    09-07-13 03:06 PM
    we've already help to saved them by subscribing. What else?
    09-07-13 03:26 PM
    we've already help to saved them by subscribing. What else?
    Agree, but again I ask the question: how long will this loyalty last? What will they choose for their next device?
    09-07-13 04:31 PM
    I agree 70m subscribers can save BB, but in a different way. It largely depend on what their next device will be after their current contracts run out. If BB wants to stand any chance of survival, IMO, they have to look after the existing support base. If that is stable, only then can they hope to grow. Is releasing a new legacy device the answer? Only time will tell if the 70m upgrade to a new BB or move along.
    Not everyone is on contract, I barely know people on contract. This seems so deprecated
    09-07-13 04:47 PM
    I'm up for this.

Posted via a ZeDex or PlayaBook
    09-07-13 04:49 PM
    MASS EMAIL EVERY SINGLE CUSTOMER. Send methods to pay BB for the shares. Easy and done.

Or ask for advertising dollars. I will donate for an approved ad!
    09-10-13 08:24 PM
    A couple things to remember:

That number certainly isn't going to be 70M anymore. It was dropping 4M a quarter, and that was before all the bad news THIS quarter.

A sizable majority of BB users are using old, cheap BBOS phones bought outright for $150 or less, and they're using them for BIS, which allows cheap, data-compressed BBM. Very few of these folks could afford to upgrade to BB10 even if they wanted to. Many are already using low-cost Android phones for everything but email and BBM.

And ultimately, buying shares isn't really going to change anything for BB. What problems would buying shares fix?
    09-10-13 11:40 PM