Improved contacts download
Fixed SMS not sending <, > and &
Improved screen capture
Option to fetch activation key
Improved contact search for SMS and Phone calls
Scripting and Macro support

v1.1 (12/01/2009)

New Features

Screen capture menu option, that will dislay your current BlackBerry screen amd allow you to save the image (Pro)
Play user selected sound when alert is displayed. Setup option to select a wave file. (Pro)
Suspend Messages menu option
Setup option to auto lock workstation on Blurts disconnect (Pro)
Display sender name on SMS messages (Pro)

Bug Fixes

Listen for SMS even if another app is also using SMS port. (Fixed "SMS Port already in use" error)
More ways to accept activation code (enter key, menu)
fixed SMS formatted address error (Received SMS failed: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 0 >= 0 )
Setup option to set SMS length on desktop side i.e. 160 or 140
Activate BlackBerry backlight when any command is sent to the BlackBerry
Moved config file to C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application Data\MLHSoftware\Blurts (fixes access error when saving settings)
Changed Blurts Bluetooth UUID to work with Broadcom Bluetooth drivers. (i.e. widdcom, rocketfish, IOGear, etc)
Improve setup dialog to only show active bluetooth fields and added more help text

We have also had a lot of requests for BBM support, we hear you, we just have not figured out a way to do it. So far it looks like RIM does not allow 3rd party apps to retrieve BBM messages or alerts. (If you know how tell us!)

Tell us what you think of this list and what else we should add.

lexus37
12-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Great application and must have! I use it at work and when I work from home. I like the fact that I can be sitting at my desk and see who is calling in without looking at my phone. If I have my bluetooth earpiece connected I can just hit answer from the application. A great feature is when I walk away from my desk and bluetooth connection is lost it will lock my PC or I can hit L from the keyboard!

jitter
12-02-2009, 10:49 AM
When I discovered the "L" option to lock the PC from the BB, I immediately thought about having it do it automatically when my device leaves the area (hopefully on my hip). I bought freeze from Phoenix awhile back and though it handled the locking of PC most of the time, it has never worked on the unlock...so I am less concerned about that feature. And to use other bluetooth features on my PC including Blurts, I've had to disable the freeze application anyway.

I see you have thought about the BBM request but would it be easier to get all alert type items (for example if an application has an alert feature that results in its little-bitty icon showing up on the display like twitter clients, IM clients etc) and pass those to the desktop blurts app and wait to focus on the actual content of the alert for a later release.

I have noticed that when I get a phone call on my BlackBerry and Blurts is running, it tends to grab the call and not let me have it. I haven't nailed this down yet but thought I would bring it up. (Verizon Tour with MR1 and BES with Blurts Pro)

jabbs1
12-02-2009, 03:30 PM
I like the "key navigation input" idea. I understand it's not fully working yet, but how come when i hit certain letters or keys on my pc it will show a different 2 digit number each time? Is this something that's in the works for the completed version where we can program, or see a list, of which key on the pc does a certan thing on the Blackberry? If so I think this would have some potential. Complete control of your BB from your PC :D

Also, one thing that I think would be great for future releases is making it so Blurts (on the pc) is able to say automated names of people in your contact list when you get a call/text from them. It would be good for when your screensaver is on, that way you can hear your PC tell you who is calling.

In any case, great application. Used since the first beta and I love it.

ka3yan#CB
12-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Dang, this is the way the first round of beta testing should've gone. A forum is a great idea because that way ideas can be discussed instead of being just static input.

OK, so I like the "L" for lock a lot, and I REALLY like lexus37 and jitter's idea of having an option to lock the PC when the bluetooth is out of range. Of course, someone will ask to have it unlock when you get back in range, but that isn't going to happen. I really REALLY like the idea of it auto-locking though.

As I pointed out in some of my early feedback on the pre-release beta (though no one but Michael likely saw it) was to allow for a better PC UI for the SMS feature. One problem I have is that once you reply, that text message is gone. In other words, there is no record of your reply on the phone or since the reply window closes, on the PC either. It would be nice to have a lite SMS client with threaded messaging. I know Michael wasn't keen on the idea, but it seems pointless to have the SMS feature except for an occasional reply or two unless it was more user friendly. I could probably go on and on about this, since I use it the most. Also, the client would need to allow for multiple sessions so that you could converse with more than one contact. As a Blurts user and tester, I would REALLY like to see a better PC UI for SMS.

I can't really comment on the phone features as I do not use them.

It would be nice to have BBM and PIN support. That's as much as I really want to say on that right now. I'm sure I'll comment more later.

Last comment for now...I would like to see more than just the last message. It would be great to either have it configurable by the user to however many previous messages they want to see, or just let me see like maybe the last 15 messages. Maybe they can come up on a list and I can choose which one to view...not sure the best approach for this.

OK, I'm sure I'll have more comments as I find tweaks. I still haven't played around with changing the looks. As I've commented to Michael before, offering skins would be really nice. The Win 3.1 looks are OK, but it would be great to be able to customize the windows.

MLH Software
12-02-2009, 05:42 PM
@jitter - Can you add more detail about "grab the call"? As in it auto answers? Or the screen freezes and you cannot click anything? etc?

@jabbs1 - The key navigation idea is that basically you use your PC keyboard as if it was your BlackBerry keyboard. And also we allow you to map shortcut keys to all the "special" buttons ( phone, menu, conv1, conv2, volume, etc). Then for example you could compose an email on your BlackBerry but with your PC keyboard.
I just realized today that the key navigation dialog in 1.0.0.2 still has my test code where each key you type on the PC is sent to the BlackBerry as if the "ALT" key was also being held down. So for example when you type "S" you will see "4" on the BlackBerry (as if you typed ALT-S on your BlackBerry).

@ka3yan - I agree, I wish we had the forum for the first beta too. I felt like I was having a lot of one-on-one conversations that I wish were "group" conversations. I do like your ideas about improving SMS, and I do plan to do them. It is just going to take some time. The next big task on my list is to work on letting you pick from your Contact list to send SMS or place a call. Then I want to do the idea about persevering the message history and allowing users to access it. I have also start work on supporting themes. I don't see me creating a lot of themes, but publishing a how to so others can do it. And then encouraging them to share the themes through the Blurts website.

A lot of great feedback so far, keep it up.

markm
12-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Hey Michael - Like everyone else has said, the forum is a great idea! I sent the initial feedback on 1.0.0.2 vie e-mail before the forum was setup. One minor additional issue I've seen a few times now. If an e-mail subject has special characters in it such as apostrophes, the alert from Blurts has odd special characters. Nothing I'm losing sleep over, but figured I'd throw it out there. (See attached for example).

Rgds/Mark M.

glock61042
12-04-2009, 09:24 AM
The Blurts product is one all crackheads must have. There are a wide range of outstanding products on the market. The convenience of this product is like none other. I am placing this post not so much about the product (it speaks for itself) but about the customer service that you receive when you purchase this product. Michael takes care of you as a customer. He responds to your emails very timely and works with you to ensure you are getting the maximum benefit from his product. Blurts is a must have..... ENJOY

lexus37
12-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Feature request:

Can you add a way to minimize the call screen while you are connected to a call?

MLH Software
12-04-2009, 11:59 AM
@mmeltser - I am aware of this issue. It has to do with the character encoding when we send the text to the PC. I am trying to fix this which will also add support for non-English characters.

@glock61042 - Thanks for the positive review.

@lexus37 - You can close the alert at anytime by clicking the X in the upper right conner, but maybe someone can suggest something more intuitive?

http://www.mlhsoftware.com/Blurts/images/connected_call.png

stonerclan
12-05-2009, 11:34 AM
What an awesome piece of software and support. I was getting ready to send a bug report when I ran into this forum and my question/concern was answered in the first post with the upcoming version. SMS's aren't alerting me but I suppose that's because DriveSafe.ly is using the SMS port as explained in "Bug Fixes" for the next version. Anyway, nice software and informational support. I look forward to visiting this forum often.

lexus37
12-07-2009, 09:35 AM
@mmeltser - I am aware of this issue. It has to do with the character encoding when we send the text to the PC. I am trying to fix this which will also add support for non-English characters.

@glock61042 - Thanks for the positive review.

@lexus37 - You can close the alert at anytime by clicking the X in the upper right conner, but maybe someone can suggest something more intuitive?

http://www.mlhsoftware.com/Blurts/images/connected_call.png

I think you should add the minimize button like windows. I never clicked the X because I thought it would close the application.

MLH Software
12-07-2009, 07:46 PM
We now have 1.0.0.3 on the beta page, you need to submit your email address again on the beta webpage to get new links.

Three big changes and some small UI changes:

- Address book support is now in place. You can download your address book (Contacts) to the PC (via Blurts setup dialog) and pick from your contacts when sending SMS or placing calls.

- When you download your address book, contact photos will also be download and displayed in Call, SMS, and Email alerts.

- You can click email subject or body text for Email alerts to expand and see more text

http://www.mlhsoftware.com/blurts/images/callAlert_wPhoto.png

jabbs1
12-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Awesome. Just downloaded and trying it out now. I'm loving all the constant upgrades :D

MLH Software
12-08-2009, 07:37 AM
Just an FYI, you cannot alter the download link that you receive for the beta (i.e. remove your email address). It will invalidate the link and will not download the app.

The email is just to help us track who is actually using the beta.

Thanks

MLH Software
12-08-2009, 07:38 AM
I have received a report that the Contacts download failed for one beta tester, anyone else experience any issues with the Contacts download?

jabbs1
12-08-2009, 08:32 AM
My contacts downloaded okay on the first try.

vader7071
12-08-2009, 08:58 AM
My contacts downloaded first shot as well.

If I may post some comments, so far running from the 1st version all the way to 1.0.0.3 I have been impressed with the features.

Favorites so far:
Auto lock when lost connection

Enjoy:
knowing who is calling and seeing incoming messages

Issues:
severe lag when trying to "answer call". I can click "answer" 3 times on my screen and still have enough time to click "answer" on the phone before the call is connected.

Looking forward to:
Completion of the keyboard control. I have played with it in Blackberry Messenger. I was able to use the control to go from home screen and select BBM and even select a chat. However, when I tried to enter in "Ok, Thanks bro." all that was sent was "Ok thank s" Got the message across but it also triggered the menu option. I know this is still in beta and cannot wait to see a final of it.

MLH Software
12-08-2009, 09:25 AM
I wonder if the contact issue is related to the number of contacts that you have. Can you please include a rough count of your contacts as well.

@vader7071 - I wonder if the "answer call" lag is because the alert window is not receiving the mouse click? I have seen on vista where I have to click a couple of times just to get the alert window to have focus and then I can click the answer link, but it is not consistent. Maybe I need to add some visual feedback to the link so you know if it recognized the click or not.

jabbs1
12-08-2009, 10:27 AM
I have 73 contacts at the moment.

vader7071
12-08-2009, 11:46 AM
I wonder if the contact issue is related to the number of contacts that you have. Can you please include a rough count of your contacts as well.

@vader7071 - I wonder if the "answer call" lag is because the alert window is not receiving the mouse click? I have seen on vista where I have to click a couple of times just to get the alert window to have focus and then I can click the answer link, but it is not consistent. Maybe I need to add some visual feedback to the link so you know if it recognized the click or not.

Contacts = over 400

Mouse click, not sure. I am running XP sp3. I have noticed at times that the cursor will change when trying to hover over the "answer". I received a call after posting and tried again, with no luck. Even moved the mouse all over "answer" to see if I could get the pointer to change.

markm
12-08-2009, 12:35 PM
First, should we create a new thread for 1.0.0.3 problems just so we don't confuse the issue?

Second, my contacts failed to transfer so I shutdown Blurts on the PC side thinking it might work on restart. (There were no errors, it just didn't do anything.) When I restarted Blurts on the PC, it wouldn't connect and I noticed on the phone, it had an Uncaught Exception error that Blurts was not responding and the process had been terminated. I could no longer get Blurts to start by clicking the icon, it just did nothing.

On rebooting the phone, it seemed to load fine. When I retried once again to transfer contacts, it transferred several of them then just stopped. Retrying did nothing other than wipe out the ones that were there. It appears that transferring contacts also does something to the application on the phone since I was unable to send a test message after the contacts stopped transferring yet I was able to send a buzz from the PC side. In the Blurts application on the phone, the blue circle was flashing. If I shutdown Blurts on the phone and restart it and wait for it to reconnect, I can click contacts again and it will transmit again, btu never seems to get more the 5 or 6 max.

I have 154 contacts.

Rgds/Mark M.

kenguy79
12-08-2009, 01:26 PM
I just bought the app today and I like it, but I see some of the beta's have features that I was wondering about. How can I join the crowd?

dancadman
12-08-2009, 03:39 PM
I really like the direction this software is headed!

I'm also a fan of the "Lock workstation on disconnect" feature. I love being able to send text messages using my computer and now can choose from my contacts. I am most excited about the "keyboard " function.

I would like to have the SMS messages that I send from Blurts on the PC be logged in the phone as if they were sent from it.

Keep up the good work!

MLH Software
12-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Blurts 1.0.1.4 is now up on the beta page.

- Fixed the issues with Address book download
- New option to send PC clipboard to BlackBerry's clipboard and vice versa

[Also renamed this thread to beta match the purpose]

vader7071
12-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Downloaded and installed. Re-transfered my contacts just to see and it got them all in one shot.

I did receive a text and the message popped up with the contact pic and info, and even the message. Very nice. Did try to respond from the computer and the afore mentioned lag occured again. Not sure if it is my phone/computer or what, but it took it about 30 secs to open the "reply" screen, but it did open it. Typed my repsonse and sent. So far seems to work very well.

Have not tinkered with the keyboard control yet.

vader7071
12-09-2009, 10:12 AM
V 1.0.1.4

Just played with the keyboard control. Much better. I was able to start at the home screen on my Storm and navigate to BBM, select a contact and start a chat with them. Typing is still an little quirky. If I typed fast and never paused, it went through ok, if I paused for any reason, my message would erase and it would start over again in the text entry field. Better than before.

markm
12-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Just upgraded to 1.0.1.4 and all the contacts came over on the first try, but contacts that only have a company name came over with no name at all. Is it possible to include the company name when not blank or at least when name is blank. (see screenshot)

Rgds/Mark M.

ka3yan#CB
12-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Ok, so I am now up on 1.0.1.4 and think that the changes are fantastic!!! Some observations:

- The ability to choose a contact to send an SMS message to from a drop down menu that shows all numbers associated with that contact and their pic if available

- Maybe we could do this all along, but it is nice to have two SMS message windows open at once...too bad we can only select the most recent opened instance (i.e. can't switch between open windows)

- Still would like to have the ability to see more than just the last message received. The problem is if I get like an e-mail or another text before I have a chance to finish reading the last message, it is gone and I have to take my phone out of the holster anyway.

- I'm having a slight issue with the responsiveness of the popup window. As mentioned before, there is a delay in between the time it pops up and the time I can click on anything, by like 2-3 seconds. That is really annoying.

- I really don't like that the popup window pops up again after I reply to an SMS message. It is annoying and also sometimes it doesn't go away on its own. I have to click the X or it just sits there.

- I'll say it again, even though Michael is going to get tired of hearing me, but a threaded SMS window in the PC UI would be really nice. If I had the programming knowledge I would totally take on this challenge. To me, this would be the greatest feature of Blurts. I'm not even kidding. How great would it be to have two or three SMS conversations at your desk instead of random fire-n-forget texts from the quirky reply popup.

Overall I am VERY pleased with the progress that Michael has made in this outstanding application. I would really like to be able to do more than just provide feedback. I just don't have the programming knowhow. So thanks Michael for an awesome job!!

Brad

stonerclan
12-09-2009, 07:40 PM
This is fast becoming my most favorite program for my Blackberry. I actually haven't had any issues since the first update. I downloaded my contacts the first time, and I experience minimal lag when clicking. I'm wondering if there is some plan on combining the keyboard feature and the screenshot feature in order to see your screen on the PC and be able to control it live. :rolleyes:

Thank You.

MLH Software
12-09-2009, 09:39 PM
@ka3yan - threaded SMS is coming. Just another couple days to clean it up for a beta release. :)

And you will be able to have more the one SMS window open at a time for multiply chat sessions.

http://mlhsoftware.com/blurts/images/smsthreading.png

ka3yan#CB
12-10-2009, 09:38 AM
I have to say, I am super excited about the prospect of threaded messaging using Blurts. I'm not even kidding!!! The added value of this portion of the application is almost immeasurable in my view. Also having the ability to have multiple messaging windows open is really awesome!

On a note about the keyboard feature. I had a little problem using it for sending BBM messages. I know that maybe this isn't the intended feature, but it seems to be a key-mapping problem. I really need to spend some time testing each key, but I was typing and not paying attention to which key was causing it, but one of the keyboard keys was causing an 'Enter' command to execute. This was sending my message prematurely.

Anyhow, much thanks again Michael for all your efforts!

Brad

MLH Software
12-10-2009, 01:38 PM
@vader7071 - I am also seeing the lag issue. One thing I noticed is that you can't click the links in the alert window if another Blurts window is open (i.e. SMS or Setup window). I will look into this more. The keyboard control still needs a lot of work. As you type on the keyboard the raw key codes are getting passed which works for the letters, but can cause issue with the other keys. I have define and add a conversion table to fix this.

@mmeltser - Instead of creating a new thread, I just renames this one. Once this beta is released. Then I will start a new thread for the next beta. (I see the cycle going on for awhile.) Good catch on the Contact company name. I missed adding the company field. I will fix this.

@kenguy - sent you the link, welcome to the beta

@dancadman - I have tried to find a way to save the outbound SMS messages on the phone, but so far have to found away. RIM doesn't allow 3rd party apps to interact with the SMS client. We can intercept the message and send our own message, but not interact with the SMS client app. (Same for BBM so far too.)

@ka3yan - Still working the Contact UI. It will change a lot soon.
- Adding SMS message threading and allow more then one window at a time.
- Also looking into adding "Alert history" so you can see the last X alerts on the PC.
- Looking into the lag issue
- I the SMS popup for when you are sending will go away with the new SMS UI
- The keyboard control still needs a lot of work. Depending on what key you press you could get weird results.

@stonerclan - I have thought about combining the keybaord feature and screenshot, but the screenshot is just to slow for this to work.

- It has also been reported that the screen capture feature is only capturing a part of the screen instead of the full screen. I have not been able to reproduce this issue, has anyone else seen it?

vader7071
12-10-2009, 01:58 PM
I have not seen an issue with the screen capture. When I played with it, it worked fine for me.

Bodero
12-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Tiny request:

Incoming emails show up with a ?? as a newline in the Blurts window. It'd be nice to just parse that out.

Bodero
12-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Also another tidbit that I won't lose sleep over: it'd be nice if messages sent showed up in the SMS window on the Blackberry (Storm2 OS 5), but I understand that you may be limited by RIM in this regard.

ka3yan#CB
12-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Michael, this is interesting. I use a docked laptop at work. Last night I took it home to do work and of course it was undocked. So I ran Blurts and noticed that I wasn't getting ANY lag. NONE!

So I assumed it had something to do with being docked. BTW, I'm running a Dell D630, 4GB RAM, 512MB VRAM, WinXP Pro SP3. So even though Blurts does use a somewhat sizable amount of system resources in terms of processor use while it is opening and closing windows, etc. By sizable, I mean it was using up to 10% of my processor's capacity, but only around 60-65mb of RAM.

At any rate, when I plugged back into my dock this morning, NO LAG! When I hover over the popup window, I instantly get a red X over the X and I can click reply immediately without having the normal 2-3 second pause.

I can't explain why this has happened, but it has made my Blurts experience much more pleasant. I'm not sure how I could track down the cause for this change, but I'm not complaining.

MLH Software
12-11-2009, 09:04 AM
@ka3yan - Someone else also emailed last night and said they where having a lot of lag and then emailed back 2 hours later and said it was gone. I also have seen the same thing on my machines. Not sure how to explain it yet. The app is .Net based and uses an embed IE window for the UI, I wonder if .Net or IE changed somehow to cause/resolve the lag?

rcobourn
12-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Just wanted to join the party. I'm enjoying Blurts immensely. Looking forward to trying the beta, thanks for tweeting about it, I hadn't found my way to this forum yet. Keep up the good work. Going to get a license for my son's BB as an Xmas gift. :)

ndn8
12-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Excellent app!! bought straight away after using the trial (although the trial didnt work right). I haven't ran into any errors yet, but I haven't also played much. I see some pretty simple feature suggestions.

I wrote a list at work, but can't think of them off hand. Here are the ones i remember.

Search contacts
auto ignore calls
Set phone profile
Send email

evulhotdog
12-12-2009, 03:36 PM
@ka3yan - Someone else also emailed last night and said they where having a lot of lag and then emailed back 2 hours later and said it was gone. I also have seen the same thing on my machines. Not sure how to explain it yet. The app is .Net based and uses an embed IE window for the UI, I wonder if .Net or IE changed somehow to cause/resolve the lag?

I like that your using .net and stuff, but embedding IE into an app is never a good idea. I believe it would be a lot smoother if it wasnt used.

ndn8
12-12-2009, 08:48 PM
picture messages come up as an error

MLH Software
12-12-2009, 09:55 PM
Blurts 1.0.1.5 is now on the beta page and ready for download.

Big changes to SMS in this release. SMS is now a true chat client with history. You can have more then one chat session going at a time. Also added support for sending messages larger the 160 characters. Blurts will split the text into multiple messages.

The contact window is now re-sizable, this should make it a little easier to use with large contact lists.

http://www.mlhsoftware.com/blurts/images/smsthreading.png

ndn8
12-13-2009, 12:24 AM
loving the update.

So far on my first attempt at sending a 160+ msg it never sent, then the app errored on my phone and would not reopen. battery pull now ill see what happens.

now it is only sending 2 of 2 or part 4 of 4 etc.. im on storm 9530 verizon.

load msg says v 1.0.1.4

MLH Software
12-13-2009, 07:28 AM
@ndn8 - does not sound like you have version 1.0.1.5 on both your phone and desktop. Need to make sure both apps are updated to the latest version, check in the about screen of each app.

ndn8
12-13-2009, 09:51 AM
ahh yes, i feel stupid. I updated the desktop but not the phone :). working properly on that aspect now thanks

ka3yan#CB
12-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Ok, I'm so happy about threaded SMS I could kiss you Michael!!! Now, for a purely cosmetic gripe, I'm having an issue with the contact's picture not showing up in the SMS window. My picture comes up fine. I see their picture in the contacts dropdown, so I know the picture imported fine. I did try and exit Blurts and restart, clear the history, clear the IE browser history, and nothing worked. Also, if I "Send SMS", the reply shows up only if I reply, not if I started the session. So I can have two sessions with one person, one that I started that only has my posts and one that I replied to, that can have both my posts and the other person's posts.

So the multiple windows are AWESOME and so is the threaded SMS, just a couple little glitches.

If I didn't make that clear enough, I can try to explain a little better.

MLH Software
12-13-2009, 02:53 PM
@ka3yan - not sure I understand. Do you have two windows going for the same SMS phone number? Not something I planned for or tested so not sure it will work correctly.

You see the image in contacts, but do you see it on the pop-up alert? The SMS phone number is what is used to match the message to the contact, so do the numbers match what is in your contacts? (I assume so, but have to ask.)

ka3yan#CB
12-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Michael, The problem appears to be that the contact image appears in both the contacts list and the popup alert, but not in the SMS window.

A second problem is that when I click on "Send SMS", the reply to my send message doesn't appear in the window that I sent my message from. The header of my sent message says the contacts name, but the header of the replied message says SMS - Blurts.

I have tried to mess with the xml a bit, but haven't been successful in troubleshooting the problem. My xml is very elementary.

I wonder if it has something to do with how my telephone numbers are listed in my contact list on the BB. I list my telephone numbers as: (XXX) XXX-XXXX. Is that compatible with the format they end up in, in the imported contacts list?

MLH Software
12-13-2009, 08:03 PM
@ka3yan - Look in the SMS folder under Application Data\MLHSoftware\Blurts (C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\MLHSoftware\Blurts\SMS on XP) and tell me if you see the same SMS phone number multiple times with different formats (i.e. starting with a 1 or +). I think the issue is because am I not formating the phone number the same when you select reply or pick it from a contact.

vader7071
12-14-2009, 07:43 AM
Just loaded x.5. I was looking at some of the changes, and Michael, do I see correct that you removed the keyboard control?

ka3yan#CB
12-14-2009, 08:21 AM
<BlurtsData>
<Messages>
<SMS timestamp="12/14/2009 8:49:14 AM">
<SenderName>Katrina</SenderName>
<SenderAddress>186491#####</SenderAddress>
<BodyText>Bla Bla Blaaaa Blaaa</BodyText>
</SMS>
<SMS timestamp="12/14/2009 8:53:21 AM">
<BodyText>Blaaaaa Bla Bla Blaaa Blaa Bla</BodyText>
</SMS>
<SMS timestamp="12/14/2009 8:54:30 AM">
<Sender>Me</Sender>
<BodyText>Blaaa Bla Blaaaa Blaa Bla</BodyText>
</SMS>
<SMS timestamp="12/14/2009 8:55:35 AM">
<BodyText>Blaaa Blaa Bla</BodyText>
</SMS>
<SMS timestamp="12/14/2009 8:56:49 AM">
<Sender>Me</Sender>
<BodyText>Test test test test</BodyText>
</SMS>
</Messages>
</BlurtsData>

Is this what you were expecting?

Here's what I have in the contact folder:

<BlurtsData>
<Contacts>
<Contact>
<Company>YYYYY</Company>
<Email>Katrina_xxxxxx@xxxxxx.com</Email>
<Email>xxxxxx@xxxxxxx.com</Email>
<FirstName>Katrina</FirstName>
<LastName></LastName>
<PhoneNumber type="Mobile" number="86491#####">(864) 91#-####</PhoneNumber>
<Photo imageFile="\Contacts\image_tmp76.jpg">
</Photo>
<DisplayName>Katrina</DisplayName>
</Contact>
</Contacts>
</BlurtsData>

Now obviously I've edited the content somewhat for privacy, but it should'nt have changed it so that it can't be diagnosed.

MLH Software
12-14-2009, 08:40 AM
@vader7071 - Yes, I hide the keyboard control in this release. I will not complete it before releasing this beta into production so I hide it for now. It will come back to beta after the production release.

@ka3yan - Yes, that is what I was looking for, the issue is what I thought. The SMS message has the leading 1 on the phone number and your contacts do not. I need to change the app to strip the leading 1 from the SMS message so that they match. Thanks for the info.

ka3yan#CB
12-14-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm wondering though, can you make it an if/than statement? I say that because there will no doubt be folks that don't format their contact telephone numbers the way I do.

Worst case, I can just go into the contact file and make the change myself. It still doesn't solve the issue. There will be users who experience the same issues.

vader7071
12-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Looking at the thread about formating numbers, I know I keep all my numbers in the format of (xxx) xxx-xxxx. I know some format theirs as 1xxxxxxxxxx and some format as xxx.xxx.xxxx. Will these type formats cause issues?

MLH Software
12-14-2009, 11:17 AM
@ka3yan & @vader7071 - number format should not be an issue. If you look in the contact XML you will see that I am storing a copy of the number with the formating removed (just the raw numbers), but I did not account for the leading "1". I just need to change my code to remove the 1 when creating the raw number.

vader7071
12-14-2009, 11:19 AM
Oh, ok, cool. Just curious.

ndn8
12-14-2009, 10:19 PM
when i leave it disconnects but it stays active on the pc..so when i get back it looks like i am still connected when i am actually not..and it doesnt auto reconnected unless i manually right click and disconnect

raoult
12-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Hello all. Just got my bluetooth dongle in the mail and got everything set up with the beta. My alerts come through on my desktop fine, but none of the links on the popup work. My cursor changes to a hand, but when the links are clicked, the popup simply closes. I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 3 on the desktop, newest beta of blurts (1.0.1.5), and my bold is running .411. Any ideas? I have really been looking forward to using this.

Fastsc92
12-15-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm having issues downloading the application for the handheld. I have that .jar file sent to my mobile email, but when I try to download it, it gives me an error (907 Invalid COD HTTP Error 404: Not Found). Is there a way that I can get this application in a different format so that I can just upload it using the Blackberry desktop manager?

ka3yan#CB
12-16-2009, 12:25 PM
You're going to need to do the OTA download via the link that MLH provides you in the beta email. It is the only authorized way to download and install it unless Michael gives you something else.

The .jar file only contains locations of the COD files. It is dependant on the other .cod files which you don't apparently have.

MLH Software
12-16-2009, 07:59 PM
@ndn8 - What Bluetooth driver/software do you have? Are you using the virtual COM Port setup?

@raoult - Are you still see this issue? Others have been reporting see a lot of lag when clicking the alert window, but the lag is not consistent.

@Fastsc92 - ka3yan is correct, you should use the link that was emailed to you. Don't alter the link or it will become invalid. You should not see any .jar files. The link points to a .jad file that contains the info for downloading the COD files which are the actual program files.

Fastsc92
12-16-2009, 08:51 PM
@MLH Software I still can't get it to work, I click on the link via my mobile email and I start to download it, but I get an error. Hmm...I'll mess with it a little more. Also, the SMS feature for the download link via T-mobile didn't work.

Edit...I finally got it to work. Works well..I will be upgrading to the pro version soon. I've been looking for a program like this for years. I know the Macs and iphone had it years ago and I've been dying to get something like this. Thanks for bringing such a great app to the blackberry platform.

raoult
12-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Yes, this is still happening. I cannot click on any links, and when I click "Send SMS" from the right-click menu, I am unable to click on any contacts to select it.

MLH Software
12-17-2009, 05:02 PM
@raoult - Open Internet Explorer
- Select Tools | Internet Options.
- Select Security Tab
- Select Internet zone
- Press Custom Level button
- Under scripting make sure Active scripting is Enabled.

MLH Software
12-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Blurts 1.0.1.6 beta is ready for download

Blurts beta page (http://www.mlhsoftware.com/blurts/beta/beta.html)

ka3yan#CB
12-18-2009, 08:31 AM
Well Michael, the threaded SMS windows work perfectly....just so long as I use the "Send SMS" feature. They do not work if I click the "Reply" button on the popup alert window. An SMS window pops up, but it only allows me to send messages. New messages aren't recorded in this window. When I click on "Send SMS," I see all the sender's messages in that window.

So maybe this fixed the phone number problem, but seems to have created a new one. :-/

I'll keep playing with it to see if there is anything else out of the ordinary. Suggestions?

Brad

jitter
12-18-2009, 07:27 PM
just installed the 1.1.06 BETA desktop and device software...seems to work okay. Noticed that the balloon popup doesn't stay around while you are hovering over it with the mouse pointer...typically the popup should stay if it has the focus to read longer messages. Also when clicking on the subject of the message in the popup nothing seems to happen. When clicking on the first line of message text, it seems that it gets the remaining message text but the message popup doesn't stay around long enough to read it.

I do like the desktop lock on bluetooth disconnect...now I don't need the Freeze app that required me to install a weird bluetooth stack.

rcobourn
12-19-2009, 12:59 AM
Seeing a lot of SMS messages that don't parse, resulting in this error:

System.Xml.XmlException: '(some character from extended ansi codes) ', hexadecimal value 0.02, is an invalid character. Line 2, position 169, at

I don't see anything exceptional about the message:

amazondeals Lightning Deal! $82.99 - Revol Eclipse 1.1-Quart Cocotte with Lid in Slate (a tinyurl link)

MLH Software
12-19-2009, 11:10 AM
@ka3yan - I am not able to reproduce the issue with "Reply" regardless if I start the SMS with "Send SMS" or select "Reply" in a incoming message the SMS window works as expected. Have discovered any more detail that would be helpful in reproducing the issue?

@jitter - I did remove the code for the popup to stay when you hovering over it with your mouse. I was seeing if this was causing the "lag" issue. I will work a adding it back.

@rcobourn - Please create a folder called "debug" under ...\[user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\MLHSoftware\Blurts. Then the next time you get an error, it will log the message to the debug folder, please email that file so I can see what characters are causing the issue and fix it.

TheRandomOne#CB
12-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the beta info. I have been looking for support of non-MS USB stack and found you added that.
I am wondering if you have tried to run the Blurts .Net application in Mono and what it would take to make your awesome application crossplatform ?
I know of several Mac users and just as many Linux users and Mono supports both including Windows.

I would love to see the inclusion of PIN messages/Blackberry Messenger.

ka3yan#CB
12-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Michael, I've tried to troubleshoot the problem I noted in post #67 with no success. I've done the installation on two separate machines with the same results. One machine was done with me installing the setup.msi file over the old install files and the second was a clean install after all previous files had been uninstalled/removed (did not manually go into system registry though).

The issue is that if I click on "Reply" in the popup alert, I get an empty message window that says "SMS - Blurts" at the top. Only my outgoing messages will populate this window, nothing incoming. If I click on "Send SMS" followed by the appropriate name and phone number, I get "Person's Name - Blurts" at the top and both incoming and outgoing messages are populated in this window.

I am running WinXP Pro SP3. Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13. .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, .NET Framework 3.0 SP2, .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, .NET Framework 1.1

I don't know what else could be causing this problem that I can reproduce on two separate machines but you cannot.

MLH Software
12-21-2009, 04:13 PM
@TheRandomOne - I have not looked into Mono, but I'll take a look. PIN messages should display an alert just like Email (at least it does in my testing). I have been looking into adding BlackBerry Messenger support, but so far have not had any success with accessing/interception the messages or notification icon.

@ka3yan - Thanks for trying on another machine. I don't think it is machine related as much as it is contact (and maybe carrier) related. I have been testing SMS on Verizon this whole time, but last night I did some testing with a Sprint phone and saw some new issues. I still think it is related to the "format" of the phone number some how. I have made some more changes and hope to have a new beta release out in the next day or two.

ka3yan#CB
12-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Thanks a bunch for looking more into it Michael. I hadn't really considered that it might be a carrier issue. I wouldn't be able to test that myself, but it does make sense now that you say it.

I just want you to know that I think the work you've put into this project is amazing. It really makes life easier at work since I'm behind a computer all day. I can't even imagine not having Blurts now. Seriously, it is THAT good!!

ka3yan#CB
12-22-2009, 09:56 AM
I'm going to follow your advice and create a "debug" folder, because I'm noticing that there is a problem with the popup alert and parsing SMS messages that contain hyperlinks...in this case an e-mail address. I'm sending you the contents of the debug folder now.

I'm sending it from my work e-mail, not the e-mail I have listed for beta testing.

MLH Software
12-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Blurts Pro is in the running for "Best Productivity App" in CrackBerry Best of 2009 Awards (http://crackberry.com/crackberry-awards-2009-voting-now-open-cast-your-votes-your-favorite-cba-best-2009-nominees). Very cool.

MLH Software
12-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Blurts beta 1.0.1.7 is ready for download on the Blurts beta page.

More SMS clean up in this build. And improvements to the Contacts list. You can search/filter the contact list just by typing a contact name. The Contact list will filter as you type. You can select phone numbers as a favorite and it will auto sort to the top of the contacts list for quicker selection. Select "Edit Contacts" on the Contacts tab in Setup dialog, and you can choose to hide contacts from your contact list.

I want to get 1.0.1.x stable and released before adding any more features. Then start on 1.0.2.x asap as the feature list just keeps growing.

ka3yan#CB
12-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Michael, I am really impressed with the way Blurts has been progressing. I want to talk about a couple of tweaks I'd like to see:

- While selecting the hide/star feature (which is really awesome), the list resets to the beginning after each selection. This isn't aweful, but if you have a few hundred contacts, it takes forever to get through the list. I would like it better if I could select all of my stars and hides and then click done.

- I still have the same problem I had before with the "Reply" button on the popup alert not giving me the correct window. I now see the number behind the name when I click on "Send SMS" (ex: Katrina(864555####)). In the window that I get when I click on "Reply", it doesn't have a name, just a number, and says 1864555####. So the problem still appears to be with the number formatting.

BTW, I really like the ability to hide contacts that I will never SMS with and to select a default phone number to use for SMS. Very useful feature!!!

Brad

MLH Software
12-28-2009, 09:37 AM
@ka3yan - I am working on the contact editing going back to the top. I just wanted to get this beta out there and starting getting feedback on the contact changes sooner then later. Also was not sure how big of an issue it would be, but I have already had a lot a feedback on it. :) (Not everyone is using the forum yet, although I am pushing it.)

I added the number to the title just so we could see if this was the case. I will keep looking for the case where that leading "1" is not getting removed. There has to be a place in the source code that is not formating the number.

Just FYI to everyone, it has also already been reported that the Contact search is case sensitive and does not work if you use upper case letters.

MLH Software
12-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Blurts beta 1.0.1.8 is ready for download on the Blurts beta page.

- Contact list no longer scrolls in edit mode
- Contact search is no longer case sensitive
- Fixed issue where leading "1" was not removed from SMS number when you clicked "reply" on SMS alert.

ka3yan#CB
12-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Michael, this is the best yet! I can't see any reason why it isn't ready for release. All the bugs that I asked to be fixed have been, and I've been lucky enough to see some really great things added by you that I didn't ask for.

You've really done some excellent work on this app!!!

Brad

MLH Software
12-29-2009, 10:58 AM
@ka3yan - There is one last issue I have to look into for supporting international numbers for SMS. (i.e. "+1") Although I don't have any international numbers to test with, there has been some reports that SMS is failing without the leading "+", so I need to add support for it. Then 1.0.1.x can be released and start on 1.0.2.x.

jabbs1
12-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Working great for me still. I love this app. Still hoping the "voice" thing I mentioned on the first page can somehow get put into the future builds, or at least have the option to set custom sounds for each caller that the pc will make when getting an alert. That way, maybe there are downloadable voice names out there, that the user could set manually.

But regardless, very great and productive app. Keep up the good work.

raoult
12-29-2009, 02:37 PM
I verified those settings in IE, and they were set correctly. I am still having this same issue.

MLH Software
12-29-2009, 04:21 PM
@raoult - What desktop OS are you using? What version of IE? The Alerts dialog and Contact dialog are both HTML documents hosted in a IE browser, when you click the links it is executing JScript to call external methods exposed by the dialogs. So it sounds like your issue has something to do with the HTML/JScript not executing. I know if scripting is disable for IE it willcause this issue, not sure what else could be causing it.

rednex269
12-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey I got a new issue I just figured out...

First of all.. Using a Dell Latitude D630 with built in Bluetooth (Dell Wireless 360). Windows 7 Pro with microsoft drivers (whatever Win7 automatically installed).. I am using IE 8...

Phone is a Sprint Blackberry 8330..

I downloaded 1.0.1.8 tonight.. (I uninstalled Blurts a while ago due to network issues)...

I am using Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG wireless nic connected to a Linksys WRT54G...

Now on to the issue. I orginally installed blurts a while back.. at the same time I installed blurts, I had upgraded to Win7.. During this time, I found that when pinging my wireless router, I was getting dropped packets.... After testing with different copies of win7, I even swapped out my wireless NIC with another to verify that it wasn't hardware related. I still had issues with dropping packets.. (not one every so often, but 5-8 outta 10)... I wouldn't even think about dropping packets, but I couldn't even get reliable network from my laptop to my router..

Not knowing really what was causing it (blaming it on Win 7).. I uninstalled Blurts.... Not really paying attention to detail, my network speeds increased and became reliable again..

Now seeing the upgrades to the newer beta, I decided to try again... immeditely after installing, I found that I was dropping packets... Not while i was connected to via bluetooth, just with the App open (in the RED/Disconnected state)..

Once I closed the application... it immediately went back to no-dropped packets...

Any thoughts? Suggestions?
Joey

MLH Software
12-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Blurts beta 1.0.1.9 is now up.

I think the final two issues are not resolved.

- SMS phone numbers will support "+"
- Alerts finally will display non-English text (instead of ????)

Hopefully this will be the finally beta release, unless you find anything else.

Thanks for all the feedback, keep it coming.

MLH Software
12-29-2009, 10:15 PM
@rednex269 - No clue... First that this has been reported.
The Microsoft Bluetooth driver uses the same interface as wininet, so I wonder if that has any impact. Can you replace the Microsoft Bluetooth driver with the driver software for your Bluetooth device and see it that makes a difference.

ka3yan#CB
12-30-2009, 08:18 AM
I've got nothing to report on this build Everything seems to be running flawlessly for me. I was having issues with Blurts not wanting to connect to my work computer after having been connected to my home computer, but I think that might be a bluetooth issue...not really sure.

cyberweasel
12-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Great application! A couple things that I've noticed and I am not sure how they are supposed to work:
1. When using the SMS features, should the replies from a person show up in the window like a threaded conversation?
2. should SMS messages sent from the app show in the message list on the device?
Neither of those are happening on my device. I am running OS 5.0.0.411 on the device which does handle SMS differently than 4.x devices. I thought that might be the reason.

My one other request (which I did email in) is to be able to move the notification window to different locations. Specifically a different monitor on a multi-monitor system.

Keep up the great work!

EDIT: I just went back through the thread and saw @ka3yan (post #67) is having the same threaded SMS issue running the same OS/device that I am.

MLH Software
12-30-2009, 02:25 PM
@jabbs1 - sound alerts per contact feature is something I will look into for the next release after this beta.

@ka3yan - thanks for all the great feedback.

@cyberweasel -
1. The replies should appear in the window like a threaded conversation. Are you using the the latest build 1.0.1.9 and re-import your contacts with 1.0.1.9 as there were a lot of defects related to SMS threading fixed in 1.0.1.9.
2. The SMS messages will NOT appear on your device. RIM does not allow 3rd party apps to insert messages into their SMS app therefore you will not see the message history on the device. Blurts is just sending the SMS via the network connection of the device, not the SMS app.
The option to move the alert window is a great idea and is on the list for the next release after this beta. I just had to draw a line somewhere or this beta would never end.

ka3yan#CB
12-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Michael, I'm playing around with colors for the different windows, but the only thing I can't seem to adjust is the bottom portion of the SMS window that contains the text entry box and send button. Is that blue color hard coded in a file other than one of the .xslt files?

Once i'm done, assuming I can change that bottom blue color, I'll send you what I've come up with. I also changed the separating bar width to 2px to prevent the pictures from appearing to run together.

Anyhow, if I could change that bottom blue color, I'll be pretty darn happy! (not that I'm not already)

I kid you not, I have Blurts running all day on my computer at work and whenever I'm on the home computer. Blurts is by far the #1 used app I have!

Brad

MLH Software
12-30-2009, 03:02 PM
@ka3yan - glad to see you are playing with the xslt. I plan to expose that soon as a way for users to create their own "themes" and then publish those themes on MLHSoftware website for others to download. The blue is currently hard coded, but I have plans to expose it so it can be changed along with the xslt. Maybe I will play with that some tonight, since there is already some interest.

Send me what you have, I would love to see it.

cyberweasel
12-30-2009, 04:26 PM
I did install the latest build now and the threaded SMS does appear to be working! Very Cool! I guess that makes sense about inserting messages on the device. I wasn't sure how it happened.
Keep the updates coming. The app is awesome. I was surprise at how much functionality was added in these latest releases. I was just happy to have the pop-ups of msgs on my PC so I didn't have to check the device all the time. :D

ka3yan#CB
12-31-2009, 09:42 AM
I thought maybe I would post my results here. If you would prefer that I didn't, I can remove the files and just e-mail them to you in the future.

What I came up with is a sort of military theme of sorts. I really like the greens more than the blues, so that's why I did that. It would be pretty easy to change the colors to your favorite sports team or college. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to playing with this a little more.

MLH Software
12-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Blurts beta 1.0.1.10 is ready for download

- More character encoding fixes (although still don't have SMS working with Unicode)

@ka3yan - added support to control the background color of SMS dialog. Just set the bgcolor attribute of the body tag in sms.xslt and the dialog will read and use the color value.

@@cyberweasel - I went ahead and added the setting to change where the alert is displayed.

MLH Software
12-31-2009, 11:12 AM
@ka3yan - Posting the files here is fine. I am all about sharing with the group and getting more feedback. Green looks good, of course I chose blue to go with the Bluetooth theme. :)

ka3yan#CB
12-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Michael, the change you made to allow me to edit the BG color of the SMS entry area is perfect!! I was able to change those colors to just how I like them. I'm super happy with this!!!

Ok, so since you're hoping to get this thing out with no more changes, I have a request for the next beta 1.0.2.1 (?). I'd like the ability to change the color of either "Me" or the contact's name in the SMS window. This isn't really important, but I'm a customizer, so I think it would be fun to be able to change those colors too. Hopefully this doesn't lead to someone asking for the ability to customize colors for each contact. :-/

I mean, we have the contact's photo for goodness sakes, but still would be nice to edit that color. Obviously right now the color can be changed, but for both "Me" and the contact which share the same color.

Anyhow, like I said, this isn't important...just a thought. Thanks again for the changes you've made! I think the folks that are still running the original release are going to be in for a very pleasant surprise!!! :-D

samurai-7
12-31-2009, 03:37 PM
Michael,

Just installed 1.0.1.10 and what I have tried has been OK, except for the uploading of the contacts. I think you need to stop displaying the names that are coming in and do the whole thing in the background and put a message on the alert window that says "Downloading Names" and not update it. I have a video I'd love to show you on why the contact transfer takes S O L O N G to complete, but I have no idea how to do that in this forum, so I'll just email it to you.

Otherwise, great job!

MLH Software
12-31-2009, 04:02 PM
@ka3yan - That is easy to do in the xslt. Attached is your sms.xslt modified to split the "Me" message format from the "Other Person" message format. And I changed the font color and background color just to high light the fact they are split.

Thats the power of using the xslt, not only can you change simple things like font color, but you could completely re-arrange the whole UI.

MLH Software
12-31-2009, 05:08 PM
@samurai-7 - Got your video and I see your point. I will work on this.

ndn8
01-01-2010, 05:50 PM
great update. I'll have to go back to the disconnect issue when i get to work monday.. im not sure if it is fixed yet or not. if i notice it at home today ill let you know as well

ndn8
01-01-2010, 08:05 PM
I can't select my contact from the list whos name starts with a number. i have my friend in there as 6'7 and when i click his name to send him a text nothing happens.. all my other contacts work fine

ndn8
01-01-2010, 08:23 PM
actually i think it has something to do with his phone number. i tried it on my wife's copy and hers did not let me select his name either. and se has it named different

edit:

also she has all my info from when i used her computer so i had to reimport her contacts and clear my old chat histories etc.. perhaps something pin based to retrieve the info?

MLH Software
01-01-2010, 09:00 PM
@ndn8 - Good catch, the issue appears to be with having an apostrophe in the contact name. It has been fixed and new build has been upload to the beta site.

ndn8
01-01-2010, 09:03 PM
@ndn8 - Good catch, the issue appears to be with having an apostrophe in the contact name. It has been fixed and new build has been upload to the beta site.

ahhh yah i should have caught that.. on her phone his last name has an apostrophe..

markm
01-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Not much feedback to give since I've be (fortunately) away from my laptop pretty much the last two weeks burning off vacation time. I've been upgrading as each new version comes out and have not hit any issues there other than having to reboot the phone each time which I assume is just a fact of life.

I haven't hit the apostrophe issue, but do definitely appreciate the ability to import the contacts both with a name/company and with a company only and to send/reply-to SMS through the PC.

Questions/Issues:
1) I've noticed an odd issue exiting Blurts. Although the icon in the tray goes away, Blurts doesn't actually shutdown and the Bluetooth doesn't disconnect
a) Start Blurts on PC and phone and wait for connect
b) Close Blurts on phone and verify DISCONNECTED is displayed from Blurts on PC
c) Unlock PC and close down Blurts by right clicking on icon in try and choosing exit
d) Look in task manager to see if Blurt is gone

If I kill the process in task manager, Blurts is gone and Bluetooth disconnects.

2) Question about the stars in the edit contacts screen -- I don't see them mentioned in the online help. What is their purpose? What does it indicate if the star is yellow?

Rgds/Mark M.

mrtomallen
01-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Other than what has been post, this is one of the most useful programs I have used. I'm looking forward to future releases.

tijaiha
01-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Unable to grab the beta software from provided link through email. When clicking the OTA link on my device, I receive an "Invalide request". Able to download the.jad from my desktop and send it to my phone, but when attempting to install it I receive this error:

907 Invalid COD
A network error occurred.

MLH Software
01-03-2010, 08:13 PM
@mmeltser - I will look into why Blurts does not shut down. The starts is a "Favorite" feature. If you click the star next to a number, it will flag it as a favorite, it will always display at the top of the contact list for quick selection.

@mrtomallen - Anything you would like to see in a future release?

@tijaiha - Make sure that you are using the entire url, there have been a lot of download request today where the email address was missing from the link. The link is not valid if any of the info is removed from it.

markm
01-03-2010, 09:30 PM
@mmeltser - I will look into why Blurts does not shut down. The starts is a "Favorite" feature. If you click the star next to a number, it will flag it as a favorite, it will always display at the top of the contact list for quick selection.

Hey Michael -- Thanks for the stars explanation. I guessed it was something like that.

I did some more playing around on the shutdown issue. If I simply start Blurts and exit, it closes fine. If I go through the specific sequence indicated, then the icon closes, but Blurts does not exit. I'm fairly certain it didn't do this before. On previous editions, when I forget to shutoff Blurts while at home away from my laptop, I'd notice my phone's Bluetooth LED blinking. Within a few seconds of clicking exit from the tray icon, I'd see the bluetooth LED shutoff on my phone.

Rgds/Mark M.

dancadman
01-04-2010, 12:08 AM
I have been a little busy fixing some problems of my own recently, so I haven't been on the forum and haven't tested any advanced features in the latest blurts betas.

The latest beta seems to have fixed the issue with the weird text and active x message in the notification box. I will try out some more stuff this week.

I am really enjoying the auto-lock feature. I haven't had any trouble with my contacts yet. I was wondering if it might be better for the people that sync their contacts with outlook to have an option to import them from there instead the phone and maybe let it stay synced. That way, the right contacts are always pulled and updated.

I keep looking for the screen input feature to come back...(hint, hint...)

Keep up the good work! I'll report back at the end of the week after I've tried out some other things.

Thanks,
Dan

vader7071
01-04-2010, 07:55 AM
I am like DanCadMan. Been keeping up with the the updates, but haven't put them through the ringer yet.

One issue, (which I plan to test today) was the "answer call" balloon. The issue I was having was a lag that would not answer the phone quick enough. The call had ended by the time the computer caught up. The setup is my BB Storm, a bluetooth headset and my XP SP3 computer (using a Logitech bluetooth dongle).

On the up sides, I absolutely ADORE the "lock workstation on disconnect".

I was able to test the SMS via the desktop last week. That feature worked very well. It was funny looking at my phone and only seeing 1/2 of the conversation, but the recipient was obviously getting my responses, since she was replying to them.

cyberweasel
01-04-2010, 09:05 AM
Blurts beta 1.0.1.10 is ready for download

@@cyberweasel - I went ahead and added the setting to change where the alert is displayed.

Perfect! I got the latest build this morning. Thank you very much. Keep up the good work! :cool:

SinFilter
01-04-2010, 10:37 AM
I really like the clipboard feature and the locking feature.
A feature I would like to see in the future (if possible) is if Blurts were to be able to switch phone ringer profiles when bluetooth is connected.
For example, I would have a profile titled Blurts or Bluetooth, where I would have all of my notifications set up to my liking. Upon Bluetooth disconnect, the profile would switch back to the previous profile setting, thus notifying me of incoming messages via vibrate or sound.

TheRandomOne#CB
01-04-2010, 03:26 PM
I do not have much feedback to give since I have been away from my machine for the holidays.
The few issues that I have seen is:
1) that in the Windows setup I can not browse for a sound to play.
2) the amount of text displayed in the pop-up is limited so I do not see the full subject line on e-mails
----Just realized that I can click on the Blurt popup it shows me more of the message
3) I would like to see a color choice for each mail account,and message type. I am connected to a BES and have 3 other email addressed from the BIS

I run Windows XP in a VMware virtual machine on top of openSUSE Linux and had very little issues pairing the phone and applications over the bluetooth connection. I would still like to see a Mono version, but I understand that I am in the minority on desktop choice.

look forward to all the updates
Mark

jantanee
01-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Is it required to close Blurts before upgrading versions?
The first time I left desktop Blurts running and followed the upgrade link. I was asked if I wanted to upgrade, clicked Yes and everything appears to be good. But I got a version mismatch error. Yes, I upgraded the phone.
I clicked the link again and did a repair, again same error.
When I close Blurts first and do a repair, the mismatch error disappears.

Can the installer, close Blurts before upgrading? Or prevent it from starting until I close it?

jabbs1
01-04-2010, 03:39 PM
I've noticed over the past couple days that some sms alerts are not popping up on my pc at all. I'm using version 1.1.0.11 and have confirmed that Blurts is connected when the alerts fail to come through.

MLH Software
01-04-2010, 10:49 PM
@mmeltser - Thanks for the detail, I will keep looking into this issue.

@dancadman - I have some ideas for Outlook integration in the next version. Screen input should also be finished in the next version.

@vader7071 - I made some change to help the lag issue, let me know if you still see any. If I ever figure out how to inject the SMS messages into the BlackBerry client then I will do it, but for now I don't have a solution.

@cyberweasel - Let me know how the new settings work for you.

@SinFilter - Profile switching is actually already on my list. I had this idea also a few weeks back.

@TheRandomOne - Browsing for sounds files as fixed in the last release. You can click to see me of the email text, but I am still working on making that better. Others have also suggest the color change per account. I will add it to the list. Not sure if or when I get to researching Mono, the feature list just keeps going. :)

@jantanee - You do have to close Blurts on the desktop before running the setup. I will look into improving the setup.

@jabbs1 - Let me know if see any pattern with the missing SMS alerts. I have not seen this or had anyone else report, so any more detail you can provide would be helpful

MLH Software
01-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks for all your feedback. Most of the feedback was positive, so I went ahead and released version 1.1. So that ends this beta, but the next one will start with in a week or so.

If you do still find any issues or have suggestions keep posting to this thread. I will create a new thread when the next beta is ready and then close this thread.

I will continue to email those that submitted their email to download the betas, if at anytime you want to be taken off the list just email me and let me know.

If want to be added to the list then submit your email to our beta page (http://www.mlhsoftware.com/beta.aspx?a=b/11011/blurts)

samrassam
01-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Michael,

I've tried to get the software link for my desktop but for some reason im not getting any emails back anymore with the download and OTA links. my address is sam.rassam11@gmail.com

samrassam
01-04-2010, 11:39 PM
nvm i got the emails. I guess it took a while because i used to get them right away last time.

markm
01-05-2010, 08:23 AM
Thanks for all your feedback. Most of the feedback was positive, so I went ahead and released version 1.1. So that ends this beta, but the next one will start with in a week or so.

If you do still find any issues or have suggestions keep posting to this thread. I will create a new thread when the next beta is ready and then close this thread.

I will continue to email those that submitted their email to download the betas, if at anytime you want to be taken off the list just email me and let me know.

If want to be added to the list then submit your email to our beta page (http://www.mlhsoftware.com/beta.aspx?a=b/11011/blurts)

Michael -- Congrats on an excellent product and an excellent beta process. I really appreciate a developer who seeks out and listens to customer input. Should we download the production 1.1 release so starting the next beta we are starting from a standard point or is the code the same as your last beta (1.1.0.11)?

Rgds/Mark M.

raelssur
01-05-2010, 08:29 AM
I have been using this program since it came out. For the most part it is great. I have been keeping up with the updates and even run it on two different computers at the same time.

Today my boss asked me if I knew any programs out there that would let you compose an eMail on the computer and send via blackberry. I know you can send SMS that way via Blurt but not eMails.

Is that a future possibility?

Also will this in the future be able to handle more than one blackberry?

rcobourn
01-05-2010, 12:16 PM
I've noticed over the past couple days that some sms alerts are not popping up on my pc at all. I'm using version 1.1.0.11 and have confirmed that Blurts is connected when the alerts fail to come through.

If by chance ALL SMS messages aren't coming through, make sure Blurts on your phone is still set to trigger an alert on them. I uninstalled/reinstalled on the phone during the last update, and both my registration code and alert settings were lost and had to be reconfigured. Don't forget to restart Blurts after making the change.

rcobourn
01-05-2010, 02:48 PM
I love the lock computer option. Now I'd really be impressed if it could unlock when I get back in range. :)

glock61042
01-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Great application and must have! I use it at home. I like that I can be sitting at my desk and see who is calling in without looking at my phone. I like that I can send SMS messages from my computer. This is a must have product if you spend any amount of time at your computer.

Michael

MLH Software
01-05-2010, 07:51 PM
@samrassam - I assume you got what you need.

@mmeltser - The production release is the same as the last beta release (1.1.0.11) so you don't need to upgrade.

@raelssur - Sending email from the desktop is on the list. I have thought about support for multiply Blackberries (I carry two my self) but have not put it on the list. If there is demand for it then I will add it for sure.

@rcobourn - So will you tell me your password to unlock your workstions? :)

@glock61042 - Thanks

cookie1069
01-06-2010, 01:35 AM
I just upgraded to the 1.1.0.11 on my BB, but having a hard time upgraded on my laptop. Can you PLEASE help me?

MLH Software
01-06-2010, 08:33 AM
@cookie1069 - Maybe you need to make sure Blurts is completely removed and install again clean. Open your Control Panel and select "Add or Remove Programs" and see if more then one copy of Blurts is installed, if so then uninstall all of them and then re-install the newest version.

You also might try deleting the contents of the Blurts folder located at C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\MLHSoftware\Blurts

UnifiedTechs
01-06-2010, 09:23 AM
@rcobourn - So will you tell me your password to unlock your workstations? :)

Not sure if you meant this just to be a joke or not, but I would feel comfortable enough storing my PC password in the phone or the desktop application if that's all that is needed to make this feature a reality.

I know the following app exists and means this is possible: Lock Computer, Bluetooth, Wireless, Automatic, Security, Mobile Phone, PC, Unlock, Log off (http://blueshareware.com/lockitnow.asp)

Thinqer77
01-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum but have been using Blurts in earnest for a few days now and am really impressed with the feature set and with the developer's commitment to the community - excellent work!

Just a quick question though... I'd originally bought the software partly hoping that when the description said you could answer your phone using the computer it meant that the call would be routed through your PC (i.e. using a mic and speakers attached to the desktop) but am I right in thinking this isn't the case or am I missing something?

Blurts is great for me because my home office is in my cellar where I get very patchy reception on my mobile but in my living room (directly above my cellar) reception is fine. My original solution was to just pair a Bluetooth headset to the handset and leave the BBY upstairs so I could at least receive calls and make the occasional call using voice dialling. This left me with no way of knowing who was calling or seeing SMS messages (emails are fine as they come in on my PC). I was toying with the idea of developing something myself but I only really code in VB and didn't fancy learning Java etc... Thankfully I then found Blurts and all my problems were solved!

Anyway, my workaround for the voice issue is that I still use the BT headset so I can make and receive calls whilst also connected to Blurts but it would be great if I could just use my PC through Blurts to do that instead - would save me having to use an extra gadget!

Any views on the feasibility of that?

Many thanks and keep up the good work!

Thinqer

cookie1069
01-06-2010, 12:18 PM
@cookie1069 - Maybe you need to make sure Blurts is completely removed and install again clean. Open your Control Panel and select "Add or Remove Programs" and see if more then one copy of Blurts is installed, if so then uninstall all of them and then re-install the newest version.

You also might try deleting the contents of the Blurts folder located at C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\MLHSoftware\Blurts

Could not find the folder on my laptop. When I tried to setup on the laptop, I couldn't input the COM Port. Am I dong something wrong?

MLH Software
01-06-2010, 07:16 PM
@UnifiedTechs - I will do some research and see if I can unlock the workstation. I looked at the link and I am not sure if that app is using the actual NT Workstation locking or if they are creating their own "lock" window.

@Thinqer77 - You are not the first to assume that Blurts will route the call through your PC. I need to work on the description to help make it more clear. Others have told me that they are able to use the "audio gateway" or "hands free" service built into their Bluetooth software to route the call through their PC, but I have not tried this.

@cookie1069 - The path might differ some based on your OS. When you say you "couldn't input the COM Port", do you mean you did not see the COM Port in the pick list? Did you create the COM Port first in your Bluetooth software? Once you create it you need to restart Blurts on your desktop in order for the new COM Port to show up in the list.

cookie1069
01-06-2010, 09:14 PM
@cookie1069 - The path might differ some based on your OS. When you say you "couldn't input the COM Port", do you mean you did not see the COM Port in the pick list? Did you create the COM Port first in your Bluetooth software? Once you create it you need to restart Blurts on your desktop in order for the new COM Port to show up in the list.[/QUOTE]

I have a Curve 8330 with 4.5.0.175 OS. Whenever I go into the Bluetooth settings, I click on the COM Port tab and a number will appear. I click on it and hit add, a box comes up and ask me to add a device, but my Curve won't show up.

Update: I got 6 COM Ports created, restarted the laptop and it still doesn't work. I put the mouse over the icon and right clikcked, clicked about and the box came up and said 1.0.0.1. I downloaded 1.1 from your website. I don't understand why I can't download 1.1(that's the button I hit)

Thinqer77
01-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Thanks for replying so swiftly.

I figured that was the answer. You could update the description or alternatively you could add PC call routing as a new feature :)

Just had another question (which may be answered by the keyboard functionality that was witheld from the latest release) but I've just placed a call to an automated switchboard where I had to press 2 for the option I wanted... As noted in my earlier post, my phone is in another room so I can't physically do that. Is there any way to do it through Blurts at the moment?

Oh, and one other thing... Any chance of showing BB Messenger messages throught Blurts?!

Many thanks.

Thinqer

MLH Software
01-07-2010, 09:04 PM
@cookie1069 - If you PC is not seeing your Curve when searching for device, it might mean your Curve is not in discoverable mode. If you open the Blurts setup screen on your Blackberry then it will place your Curve's Bluetooth into discoverable mode. It might be good at this point to just delete all the COM ports that you created on your PC and then reboot your PC and Curve (pull the battery) and start fresh on the setup.

@Thinqer77 - The is plans to add support to Blurts to allow your PC keyboard to simulate your BlackBerry keyboard and then you could "press 2" from your PC. Everybody wants Blurts BB Messenger support in Blurts, and I want to provide it. Just have not figures out how to do it. So far all my research has only shown that RIM has not exposed BBM to 3rd party apps. I don't see a way to intercept a message or notification for BBM. If anyone knows how and wants to share with me, I will add it to Blurts.

jayfreeman
01-08-2010, 04:00 AM
just wanted to say regardless of BB Messenger support this app is excellent value for money and packed full of features. love it. exceptional idea. thx

ka3yan#CB
01-08-2010, 03:02 PM
Michael, I'm wondering about the BBM notification being intercepted. The reason I wonder is that apps like BerryBuzz intercept the BBM and PIN messages to change the alert LED. Just a thought.

MLH Software
01-08-2010, 03:58 PM
@ka3yan - PIN messages can be done, just need to do it soon. I saw that BerryBuzz has an alert for BBM as well, and I like their comment "(yep, we did it)" which implies to me that there must have been some trick to it. But they still might only known that a message arrived and not have the content of the message to display. But even that would add value to Blurts, tell you there is a new BBM so you know to look at your BlackBerry. Anybody have a friend at BellShare (BerryBuzz) that can get them to share the secret?

andy_w
01-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Firstly great innovative little product - well done!

One question and apologies if this has been asked before. Would you consider an option to use a USB connection to the blackberry instead of bluetooth? Reason for this is a lot of corporate IT group policies prohibit bluetooth connections. I usually dock my blackberry via USB each day so if the connection to blurts could be done via USB that would be great?

cheers
Andrew

cyberweasel
01-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Everything has been working great. Thanks for the screen placement feature!

Occasionally with some SMS messages I get the following message appearing in the Blurts alert windows:
"System.XML.XMLException:'.'.hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 2, position 234, at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw"
(I attached a jpg of the error).

Any idea why that happens? I am running 1.1.0.11. Thanks.

MLH Software
01-12-2010, 07:39 AM
@andy_w - We do not plan to support USB, as Bluetooth is one of the main features of the app (we like the auto connect/disconnect, and don't want to forget our BlackBerry on the desk), but your comment about policy restrictions does make us pause and think about it for a moment.

@cyberweasel - I have seen this error when I receive MMS messages, did you by chance get an MMS? I am still working on MMS support.

cris86
01-12-2010, 08:07 AM
Hi Michael,
with notebook and ADSL, I can write new feedback here, instead only by e-mail with Storm in gprs mode.. :)
Today I receive on Desktop this error message too.. :
"System.Xml.XmlException: Il carattere '', con valore esadecimale 0x08, non valido. Riga 2, posizione 201."
I have just checked this, but it was not an MMS, and the follow SMS recived by the same contact, works all fine.
The other function works all ok.
By Cris

cyberweasel
01-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Michael,
I've seen the error a few times and I believe it was always SMS. The next few times I see the error I will try to note any similarities in the messages that cause it.

MLH Software
01-15-2010, 06:16 PM
@cris86 & @cyberweasel - Did the SMS that caused the issue happen to contain any unicode characters? (i.e. non-english/latin or symbols)

cris86
01-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Yes, it could be when a sms contain latin characters as: (, , , , ).
I will check better this in the next days.

ndn8
01-17-2010, 08:43 AM
I would love for it to handle mms :)

my email notifications are hit and miss. some days it shows them some days it doesn't.

It still will not disconnect/reconnect to my computer automatically. At work I lose the connection when i go into the bathroom and when I come back the desktop app still shows me as connected and ill fire off a few messages and then i notice after a few mins and i have to right click and disconnect blurts, then it will reconnect. And then I need to reopen my windows and send messages i sent while it was 'connected' again.

If this is how it should be could we have atleast a reconnect option instead of disconnect. Disconnect closes all my open windows, then reconnects automatically and i have to reopen those windows.

A reconnect option would be nice so it could retain all my open conversations.

MLH Software
01-17-2010, 01:30 PM
@ndn8 - What Bluetooth brand/driver do you have on your PC? You should not work this way, for me (most other people that given me feedback) it seamless disconnects and reconnects as I go in and out of range of the PC Bluetooth radio.
I believe the some some bluetooth drivers do not do a good job of detecting when the Bluetooth connection is dropped, and if the driver doesn't know, there is nothing Blurts can do.

The SMS windows close when you disconnect since your are not able to send messages, maybe I should change it so they don't close, but instead disable the "Send" button on the windows, thoughts?

ndn8
01-17-2010, 05:21 PM
ThinkPad bluetooth with enhanced data rate II..Broadcom Corp. I had to set blurts through com 8 i think.

Apparently I cannot go to the setup anymore. I just got this error.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '1' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(In t32 value)
at Blurts.SetupForm..ctor(MainForm form)
at Blurts.MainForm.OnSetupMenu()
at Blurts.MainForm.<CreateEventHandlers>b__3(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Obje ct key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(Eve ntArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(Eve ntArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(M ouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventIntera ctive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(Event Args e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEven tArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(M ouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Blurts
Assembly Version: 1.1.0.11
Win32 Version: 1.1.0.11
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/MLH%20Software/Blurts/Blurts.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
iex1xd6_
Assembly Version: 1.1.0.11
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
InTheHand.Net.Personal
Assembly Version: 2.3.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.3.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/MLH%20Software/Blurts/InTheHand.Net.Personal.DLL
System.Data.SqlXml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.SqlXml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.SqlXml.dll
System.Xml.Xsl.CompiledQuery.1
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.SqlXml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.SqlXml.dll
Microsoft.mshtml
Assembly Version: 7.0.3300.0
Win32 Version: 7.0.3300.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I closed and reopened Blurts and that error came back as well when i tried setup again. Never had any issue before. Maybe a reboot of the computer will help.

For the windows closing, i like that they close when i disconnect. If i am showing my boss something I don't want a bunch of messages up.

Maybe if there is a disconnect it just hides the windows and on connect it opens them all back up.

If its a new load of the app it wouldn't open anything.

So bascially I would think disconnect = hide windows. exit program = close windows. first connect = load nothing. any other connect = load last windows open

MLH Software
01-17-2010, 07:25 PM
@ndn8 - Did you have a second monitor setup at some point and not it is disconnected? Open your Blurts.config file and change <ScreenEnum>1</ScreenEnum> with <ScreenEnum>-1</ScreenEnum>

This config can be found ...\[username]Local Settings\Application Data\MLHSoftware\Blurts

ndn8
01-17-2010, 07:37 PM
yes i do, at work i have two and i bring my laptop home on the weekends. Will I have to change this back at work tomorrow?

ndn8
01-18-2010, 09:42 AM
when i leave the area the laptop does show bluetooth unconnected but blurts still stays

MLH Software
01-19-2010, 06:11 PM
@ndn8 - I will do some more testing with Broadcomm and see if Blurts is not handling it correctly.

Anyone else having issues with Blurts and disconnecting / reconnecting correctly?

vader7071
01-20-2010, 11:10 AM
This may be or may not be an issue with Blurts, but it is so random, it is tricky to pin down.

I am using Windows XP with a Logitech MX5500 bluetooth dongle. I connect my Storm via this dongle (which came with my keyboard/mouse setup). Connection is good, and when I leave, my system locks as it is supposed to. But, every now and then, my systems bluetooth will just stop functioning. Keyboard, mouse, Blurts, and all I can do is just hold down my power button and reboot.

I am still working on trying to pinpoint what is the trigger, but wondering if anyone else has an issue similar to this.

MLH Software
01-20-2010, 08:30 PM
@vader7071 - I am interesting too if anyone else has seen this. I have not had any other reports of this. Let me know if you figure out more details.

vader7071
01-21-2010, 07:59 AM
I will. My co-worker has Blurts as well and we are both experienceing the "bluetooth" lockup. We are both trying to pinpoint the issue.

We both are running the same Logitech dongle/keyboard setup.

beckerfj
01-22-2010, 12:32 PM
@ndn8 - I will do some more testing with Broadcomm and see if Blurts is not handling it correctly.

Anyone else having issues with Blurts and disconnecting / reconnecting correctly?

I am having the same problem as ndn8. Here's my situation: I have Blurts Pro v1.1.0.11 for my Blackberry (Tour) 9630 running OS 5.0.0.230 on Verizon.

I can get Blurts to connect to my PC. Everything works great until I go out of bluetooth range and come back within bluetooth range. My Blurts icon on my PC (system tray) says it's still connected, my bluetooth icon on my PC (system tray) shows bluetooth is not connected and my phone shows bluetooth is not connected and I'll sit and wait to see if it reconnects and never does.

I set it up using Bluetooth Serial Port (COM4).

I don't know if this helps, but my bluetooth is:

Device: Dell TrueMobile Bluetooth Module
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio
Firmware Revision: Version 1266
HCI Version: Bluetooth HCI 1.2
HCI Revision: 04F2
LMP Version: Bluetooth LMP 1.2
LMP Sub Version: 04F2

gorgalis
01-22-2010, 02:09 PM
I have not seen an issue with the screen capture. When I played with it, it worked fine for me.

Where does it save the picture? I am unable to find it on either my computer or blackberry.

gorgalis
01-22-2010, 02:12 PM
I am having the same problem as ndn8. Here's my situation: I have Blurts Pro v1.1.0.11 for my Blackberry (Tour) 9630 running OS 5.0.0.230 on Verizon.

I can get Blurts to connect to my PC. Everything works great until I go out of bluetooth range and come back within bluetooth range. My Blurts icon on my PC (system tray) says it's still connected, my bluetooth icon on my PC (system tray) shows bluetooth is not connected and my phone shows bluetooth is not connected and I'll sit and wait to see if it reconnects and never does.

I set it up using Bluetooth Serial Port (COM4).

I don't know if this helps, but my bluetooth is:

Device: Dell TrueMobile Bluetooth Module
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio
Firmware Revision: Version 1266
HCI Version: Bluetooth HCI 1.2
HCI Revision: 04F2
LMP Version: Bluetooth LMP 1.2
LMP Sub Version: 04F2

Same issue here... but its not a big deal to manually connect it through my laptop though

vader7071
01-22-2010, 02:34 PM
@MLH - I am in the process of changing from a Storm to a Storm 2. I updated my Mobihand account to my new PIN, got the new code, but cannot seem to get the Storm 2 to connect. Both the CPU and the Storm 2 are running 1.1.0.11. Any ideas what may be causing this?

-EDIT- After rebooting the phone and CPU it connected. Must have been that Blurts was still connecting to my Storm and not the Storm 2.

MLH Software
01-23-2010, 08:02 AM
@vader7071 - I would not be surprised if it is the Bluetooth driver. They all seems to act differently, and since that is what you have in common.

@beckerfj - Thanks for the info. We will keep looking into this issue.

@gorgalis - It saves a temp copy of the screen capture to C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\MLHSoftware\Blurts\screenshot.jpg, but you can click the "Save" link on top of the alert and save a copy where ever your like.

cyberweasel
01-26-2010, 04:38 PM
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. My issue with the SMS notifications not displaying properly mostly come from Twitter updates so I did notice that the @ or # symbols are in the messages when there error happens but not always.

I would post more of the error but it won't let me copy and paste. Is there a log that keeps track of the last message on the PC anywhere?

I have also had an issue on my Blackberry where the free space is continually running low until I reboot. Is there any data that the Blurts app would write to memory that would cause that? Just curious. Not sure what is causing it but trying to narrow it down. Thanks.

UPDATE: The issue definitely occurs with Twitter updates when there is an @ in the message. That's been very consistent.

beckerfj
01-27-2010, 10:37 AM
@vader7071 - I would not be surprised if it is the Bluetooth driver. They all seems to act differently, and since that is what you have in common.

@beckerfj - Thanks for the info. We will keep looking into this issue.

@gorgalis - It saves a temp copy of the screen capture to C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Application Data\MLHSoftware\Blurts\screenshot.jpg, but you can click the "Save" link on top of the alert and save a copy where ever your like.

So, here's an update to what I found. Sorry if this was already known, but I didn't know it.

Originally, I thought in order for me to re-connect my bluetooth, I needed to go through my laptop's bluetooth "quick connect" menu system which is not really that quick.

Something I found that works is just right-clicking on my blurts system tray icon and selecting "Disconnect bluetooth" (because from my previous post, my laptop's blurts still thinks I'm connected). Once I select "disconnect bluetooth" it auto re-connects.

So, it is quick now, but I think the original intent of the software was for it to be seamless and not require "user intervention". That would still be a nice thing.

For me, I feel like it's the blurts desktop software having an issue disconnecting the bluetooth. Not sure why, but then again, this is why I'm not a programmer.

rednex269
01-31-2010, 10:42 PM
You once mentioned you had 2 blackberries... Well.. I am one of those 2 BB' person too.. One for work, one for personal..

Do you have any suggestions or tips when using 1 Laptop and 2 BB's? I assume it is not supported (prolly cuz there isn't many of us that carry 2 BB's)..

Sending a txt message from a email address, thoughts on adding support for replying to email addresses for text messages?.. Ie. I email a message to 0005551212@messaging.sprintpcs.com.. it shows up as a Txt message on my cell/blurt.. when I reply, it errors out because it is looking for a phone number and not a email address...

Just my Two Cents?

Joey

rcobourn
02-04-2010, 02:05 PM
UPDATE: The issue definitely occurs with Twitter updates when there is an @ in the message. That's been very consistent.

This is my experience as well. I had thought it might be the inclusion of a URL, perhaps the / characters, but I think you may have narrowed it down better.

MLH Software
02-05-2010, 08:40 PM
@cyberweasel - You can create a folder called "debug" under ...\[user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\MLHSoftware\Blurts. Then the next time you get an error, it will log the message to the debug folder, please email that file. Blurts should not be writing anything to memory. I will take a look for memory leaks. Anyone else seeing possible memory leaks?

@beckerfj - I assume the COM port and Blurts are not getting along and thus Blurts is not detecting the disconnect. I will keep looking into this and see if I can improve it.

@rednex269 - I do have 2 BB (might be adding a 3rd soon for more testing), Blurts doesn't support more then one yet, but I hope to get around to adding it.
I will look into the email vs SMS issue. I plan to add support for sending email in the near future so it makes sense at that time to have the SMS client detect the email address and send it as email instead of SMS.

vader7071
02-17-2010, 08:04 AM
I am not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but when I connect my balckberry to my computer via Blurts, when the "auto logout" acivates, it can (not every time) lock up my machine BAD. To the point that I have to just kill power and restart.

Here are the specs:

Windows XP
Dell Computer
Blurts 1.0.1.11
Logitech Bluetooth dongle (came with MX5500 keyboard/mouse combo)

Blackberry Storm 2
Blurts 1.0.1.11

I have my Storm 2 set to prompt on connection. I did have it set to auto connect. Now for more fun. The dongle has been in a USB hub, then it was moved tot he front USB ports of the computer, and now it is on the back USB ports of the computer. I am retrying with the dongle on the back ports.

So far the ports have not been directly on the motherboard, but now the ports are, we will see if that helps in any way.

If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to ask. I love this program and the features so I hope we can figure out a fix.

vader7071
02-23-2010, 09:00 AM
Well, I have moved my Bluetooth dongle to the onboard USB ports, and that seems to have resolved the issue. Apparently Blurts, my PC and the dongle did not like being on an extension.

I am VERY glad to have it back at 100%.

MLH Software
02-24-2010, 07:38 AM
@vader7071 - Thanks for the update, I am sure this could help others as well.

ndn8
03-02-2010, 08:10 PM
my old download link for the latest beta isn't working. I had to get a new phone, is there an updated link?

MLH Software
03-03-2010, 03:23 PM
@ndn8 Download the free version from Blurts by MLH Software (http://www.mlhsoftware.com/Blurts) or from our mobile site m.mlhsoftware.com and then enter your activation code to upgrade to Pro

Once betas are complete we take down the beta version to make sure everyone is running the latest production release.

cyberweasel
03-05-2010, 01:50 PM
Sorry for the delay. I just got back to checking out the forum again.

I created the folder and will start capturing data. I will try and email something later today.

I think I eliminated Blurts as a cause of the memory issue. After a reload I had the problem before Blurts was installed again.

@cyberweasel - You can create a folder called "debug" under ...\[user name]\Local Settings\Application Data\MLHSoftware\Blurts. Then the next time you get an error, it will log the message to the debug folder, please email that file. Blurts should not be writing anything to memory. I will take a look for memory leaks. Anyone else seeing possible memory leaks?

MLH Software
03-05-2010, 05:12 PM
@cyberweasel - Thanks for the update.

Also from other reads, I found a simple way to get the the Blurts data folder regardless of OS.

Paste the following in Start | Run and press OK.

%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\MLHSoftware\Blurts

topolino13
03-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Good evening, I apologize for my English.
Congratulations for the software! and was integrated the usb connection ?
Thank you !

spshero
03-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Hey MLH,
BLURTS is awesome. The one thing I want to see is Media Center integration. It would be cool to be able to see the alert pop up over playing video, answer pauses video and mp3 playback, then hangup starts again.

That would put this software over the top.
Sean

danmiami
04-02-2010, 01:08 PM
Any way to allow us to create a multi SMS recipient message and send it from the desktop?

Great app... saw it, downloaded the freebie and immediately bought it!

iMac 24" running XP SP3
BlackBerry Storm 2

MLH Software
04-04-2010, 11:25 AM
@danmiami - We have seen the request for multiply SMS recipient a couple times now.

@All - How many people would find it useful? How do you see it working? Give us some ideas.

Stan Still
04-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Multiple recipients might come in useful occasionally, but so would the ability to copy and paste into and from messages.

Craig_C
04-05-2010, 11:19 AM
I want the MAC support!!! PLZ!!! This would be great to use on my MacBook.

MLH Software
04-05-2010, 06:27 PM
@Stan Still - We are planning to fix the copy and paste issue in the next release.

@Craig_C We have had some request for a Mac version, but so far not enough requests to justify our cost to write one.

So if we wrote a Mac version how many people would by Blurts Pro?

Craig_C
04-06-2010, 03:14 PM
ME! I will create a thread in the mac forums, and see how many people would use it there. Probably will get a better response.

EDIT: Here (http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=448833) is the link to the thread.

MLH Software
04-06-2010, 07:46 PM
@Craig_C - Let us know how your poll goes.

jt_Nemmy
05-12-2010, 08:34 AM
Only real thing i'm missing is the BB-messenger support, when that is supported, i'll buy Blurts, great program.........

CalPolyRock
05-19-2010, 04:31 PM
When is the next version of Blurts coming out? What new features can we expect? It seems like a new version hasn't come out in a long time!
Thanks!

MLH Software
05-24-2010, 09:52 AM
@jt_Nemmy - Once RIM opens up BBM integration to third party app, we will add the support to Blurts. I believe RIM is planing to do this by the end of the year.

@CalPolyRock - It has been a long time since we have done any update. We are back to work now on the next release and hope to have a new beta release out soon. Watch here or follow us on twitter for updates.

CalPolyRock
06-07-2010, 01:35 PM
When I send or reply to texts on my PC via Blurts, the sent text doesn't show up on my phone. If you look at the text dialog in the OS 5.0 bubble-style, you only see a one way incoming conversation.

Could you fix that, so we can see the entire conversation (save the sent/replied messages on the phone)?

thanks

jabbs1
06-07-2010, 01:41 PM
When I send or reply to texts on my PC via Blurts, the sent text doesn't show up on my phone. If you look at the text dialog in the OS 5.0 bubble-style, you only see a one way incoming conversation.

Could you fix that, so we can see the entire conversation (save the sent/replied messages on the phone)?

thanksThis isn't possible. I believe it was discussed earlier on in this thread.

ka3yan#CB
06-07-2010, 01:57 PM
So, anyone else as excited as I am about the upcoming beta for Blurts Pro? This still my absolute favorite app. All my WinMo and Droid friends drool. I think it might just be the best reason to stay with BB over the other smart phones.

Brad

jligas
06-08-2010, 07:04 PM

@beckerfj - I assume the COM port and Blurts are not getting along and thus Blurts is not detecting the disconnect. I will keep looking into this and see if I can improve it.

@rednex269 - I do have 2 BB (might be adding a 3rd soon for more testing), Blurts doesn't support more then one yet, but I hope to get around to adding it.
I will look into the email vs SMS issue. I plan to add support for sending email in the near future so it makes sense at that time to have the SMS client detect the email address and send it as email instead of SMS.
Any update on the out of range/in range no auto reconnect issue?

MLH Software
07-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Just updated the Blurts beta page with some new stuff coming soon.
Tell us what you think.
Blurts Beta - MLH Software (http://www.mlhsoftware.com/blurts/beta/beta.html)

Hope to 2.0 in beta very soon.

jabbs1
07-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Tell us what you think.

Hope to 2.0 in beta very soon.Looking very slick. I can't wait!

cyberweasel
07-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Tell us what you think.

Hope to 2.0 in beta very soon.

Can't wait! This is the best Blackberry app I have found. Let me know if you need beta testers! Keep up the great work. :)

MLH Software
07-18-2010, 10:35 PM
Blurts Beta 2.0.0.0 is ready for download. We are still actively working on Blurts 2.0, but because of the large number of changes we want to start testing and get feedback ASAP.

Download the beta from Blurts Beta - MLH Software (http://www.mlhsoftware.com/Blurts/beta/beta.html)

Provide us your feedback in this forum.

dan3413
07-19-2010, 01:41 AM
First of all -- WOW looks awesome... great interface and well thought out.. but I got this error the first time I made a phone call.

See screen shot attached.. also - the find Activation Code doesnt seem to work, and also when I installed the application it asked me to restart, which is normal - but when it asks you to change your permissions to allow blurts access to your blackberry - (sorry I dont have a screenshot of this) - it has 2 of the options greyed out.. very odd - first time I have seem that, -- I just quit out of that and went to the applications under options and then it let me change the deny items to allow.. -- would probably confuse the average user. - I have a 9700 Bold.

Thanks keep up the great work!!

TigerTank
07-19-2010, 07:58 AM
The Interface looks great. great new features.
I am using the Tour 9630
After installing all seemed to go well. I was not asked to restart and did not do so. I did get prompted with all of the permissions, and that all seemed to go well. I was able to upgrade to pro using the fetch key feature and then that allow me to access the other features.

Issue - after installing the phone would auto answer and the mic did not work, or possibly the phone didn't work. Neither inbound nor outbound was I able to hear the user on either side of the phone, land line, or BB.

Once I uninstalled Blurts from the BB I was able to make calls / receive calls normally.

cohusker
07-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Just installed 2.0 on my 9650. I was asked to reboot and that went fine.

I don't like the look of the SMS interface when searching for a person. I assume that will be updated before the final release?

The new interface with the battery status is cool.

Is there anyway to get Facebook/MySpace/Twitter alerts via Blurts?

vader7071
07-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Storm 2 on OS 5.0.0.713 VZW

Just got 2.0 loaded. Love the new desktop interface (bat level, phone, SMS, screen capture). That was one aspect that I never really did like. I had to go too deep to get access to those features. This new layout makes it much smoother.

One hiccup I ran into, when I uploaded contacts, I accidentally hit the button 2 times, so now I have everyone listed twice. Easy fix, delete all and reload.

Loading was easy for both phone and desktop. Like the new "get code" feature. Made activating so much easier.

Have not run software through the paces yet, but throughout the day I will try new features.

cohusker
07-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Just installed 2.0 on my 9650. I was asked to reboot and that went fine.

I don't like the look of the SMS interface when searching for a person. I assume that will be updated before the final release?

The new interface with the battery status is cool.

Is there anyway to get Facebook/MySpace/Twitter alerts via Blurts?

A annoying thing is when my BB locks itself and then an e-mail comes in I get a "Content Protection" message with Blurts on the desktop. Could you add a feature that allows the password to be placed on the BB Blurts app so the content on the e-mail still comes through?

ka3yan#CB
07-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Well, I did email you this Michael, but it is a good idea to post here as well so that anyone else with this problem will know they aren't the only one.

So the download and installation went fine. Since it was an upgrade, I was prompted to reboot, which I did. The desktop client installed without a hitch. When I went into the "Activate Blurts Pro" screen, and clicked on "Fetch key for PIN: XXXXXXXX", I got the error shown in the attached screen capture.

When I attempted to enter the key in manually, I can enter it, click "Done", but nothing happens. Nothing, nada. If I don't have a key, it tells me to enter a key when I click on "Done," but if I put in a key it doesn't do anything.

I have tried to uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot. Nothing makes this problem go away. I can not activate Blurts Pro v2.0.0.0 on my Bold 9700 on AT&T.

* edit: I forgot to mention that I did have the permissions all set to "Allow" and that my OS is 5.0.0.656

dan3413
07-19-2010, 04:48 PM
It may be a permissions issue.. in regards to it not saving your Registration code.. I know I had to go into the permissions section on my 9700 under options and applications and edit permissions..

http://www.indyitgeek.com/image3.jpg
http://www.indyitgeek.com/image4.jpg

Also another bug - when you type in a phone number on the desktop - to call a number and hit the Enter key to dial the number - it doesnt dial the number - you have to click the green call button.

Also is there any way that you can add the ability to hit a number while on a call.. like when you call a customer call center and it says press 1 for customer service 2 for technical support -- etc... it shouldnt be complicated to do actually - just a number pad item on the toolbar is my guess??

Also an easy - but extremely powerful thing to add to the Desktop client is to have the Call button and/or toolbar - have an option to have it stay on top of all your other windows... so when using programs like outlook or ACT - I dont have to go searching for the freaking toolbar behind all my other windows... make sense?

Thanks
Dan

rcobourn
07-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Also seeing the issue here with the Done button not doing anything after fetching the key. I have edited the permissions to "Allow" everything. T-mobile 9700 running OS 5.0.0.421

jabbs1
07-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Same issue as others. All permissions set to allow, but not able to click "done" when my code has been entered/fetched.

MLH Software
07-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Great feedback from everyone. I am working on the stuff you have reported.

The activation code issue has me stumped. It has failed for a few, but worked fine for many others. Not sure why. Can anyone having the issue enable the debug logs for Blurts and see if there is any extra clues in the event logs. (see the Blurts help page for info on how to enable the debug logs.)

vader7071
07-20-2010, 07:54 AM
so far, the new blurts has been running smoothly. Only one issue I have found. I have the option to lock desktop upon disconnect, and it has not yet. It did work under 1.1.0.1.

All it does is pop up a red box saying "Blackberry disconnected". This is a feature I REALLY liked and used.

jabbs1
07-20-2010, 08:32 AM
I enabled debugging and tried to fetch the activation code and click "done". The only thing in the debug log for Blurts is "Write Data: text - 103" and "Write Data: text - 504".

ka3yan#CB
07-20-2010, 08:58 AM
I did submit my debugging record through e-mail, but the only thing I had in mine was a boat load of:

Blurts - Write Data: text - 102

Doesn't tell me much. I did do script debugging while I tried fetching the key and while manually entering it.

MLH Software
07-20-2010, 10:46 AM
@dan3413 - I need to add all the required permission to request list. I currently just have the two.

@TigerTank - Thanks for the feedback. Not sure what was happen with your setup.

@cohusker - The SMS interface is a work in progress. I am open to suggestions, I don't like the current look either. Facebook and other alerts are on my list. I still have to figure out how to capture them on the BlackBerry. I did some research on the "Content Protection" issue and so far don't see any solution for it. I read in one forum that this might be a RIM defect.

@vader7071 - I have more plans for the toolbar to make it easier to access the BlackBerry features. I will look into the contact issue. It should delete all your contacts each time you do a download so that they don't double. The auto lock feature is broken, but I fixed it last night so it should be good in the next update.

@dan3413 - I fixed the enter key issue for dialing a number yesterday so it will be in the next update. I also added a option to set the toolbar as a top most window. I am working on added the ability to hit a number during a call. I hope to have this in the next update.

@ka3yan, @jabbs1, & @rcobourn yep, the logging did not help any. I will add more logging in the next update and hopefully it will lead to a solution.

Last night I also added support to turn on/off PIN message alerts (so you can turn off email and still get PIN alerts.) Added minimize support to the toolbar. And added enter key and Ok button support to SMS contact search.

Thanks for all the feedback and suggest. Please keep it coming.

ka3yan#CB
07-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Well, I for one am looking forward to the next go at it. I've uninstalled because this version is all but useless to me.

A few comments though:
- The workstation lock feature is awesome. I do not want to see that go away, although it apparently doesn't work in this version.

- If it weren't for the SMS interface, I wouldn't use Blurts, and I don't know anyone alive that loves Blurts more than me. I literally use it ever single day!! I have thought about changing to a Droid or iPhone and I joke not when I say that Blurts is why I stay BB.

- I really like the improved look of both the PC and handheld UI's. Now if we could just have the pop-up alerts looking a little more "modern" without it hogging memory, it would be perfect.

- Damn RIM and their tight code. BBM would be SOOOOOoooooo nice in Blurts. I understand the problems with that though.

Well, I'm back to v.1.1.0.11.

Craig_C
07-20-2010, 07:12 PM
Still wishing for the Mac version.

MLH Software
07-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Has anyone played around with the scripting yet? It allows you to do a lot of cool stuff such as change the alert details or automate actions for your phone.

Download template script file here (http://www.mlhsoftware.com/blurts/beta/script.js)

ajm61894
07-21-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm looking into the scripting features right now but I thought of another feature you should include. Whenever I make a call to a number with an Automated Answering System it says Press 1 for this... Press 2 for this... etc. and I was thinking it would be nice to have a feature where you can have a number pad on the desktop software so you can press 1, 2, 3, #, *, etc from the computer. I'm sure your team could put together something like that. :)

MLH Software
07-21-2010, 02:51 PM
@ajm61894 - We are on it. You should see it in the next update.

MLH Software
07-21-2010, 10:56 PM
The next beta update (2.0.0.1) is ready for download.

Blurts Beta - MLH Software (http://www.mlhsoftware.com/Blurts/beta/beta.html)

ksdetmer
07-22-2010, 02:27 AM
tried the 2.0.0.1.. when getting a call it pops up the number dial pad with a red end call button but no green answer button. any way to get that number pad to pop up along with a search contact area when you press the call button?

also any ideas how to dial calls with the phone in the case?.. it will send sms but not let outgoing calls.

Thanks

MLH Software
07-22-2010, 08:10 AM
Just uploaded a new desktop version to fix PIN message not showing and added the answer button the phone status dialog.

ka3yan#CB
07-22-2010, 08:56 AM
No change to the ability to click the "Done" key, except that now it is showing in the logs as:

"Activation Key is null"

MLH Software
07-22-2010, 09:01 AM
@ka3yan - But at least now that is a clue that what is wrong. It gives me something to look at now.

vader7071
07-22-2010, 09:02 AM
This may have been fixed in the new version, but in 2.0.0.0, the screen capture would not work for some reason. I tried and did not get the capture. It just put the popup and held there for about a minute and then went away.

I will try again in 2.0.0.1 and see what I get.

cyberweasel
07-22-2010, 09:18 AM
I just loaded 2.0.0.1 and everything is working so far.
a couple things that would be nice additions...
1. Back in the 1.x version the contacts would show up as a list and you could put favorites on top. I like being able just click a number as opposed to typing the name to search them. Can that be brought back as an option?
2. also back in the older version a double click of the system tray icon on the desktop would display the last msg. Can that be made an option again?

One issue I did see was that MMS msgs display weird characters. Can MMS be disabled or just show a generic message? How do we turn on debugging again? I got a new workstation and lost that setting. It thought I could send over the MMS msg logs if that helps.

Keep up the great work. Such a great utility! :)

cyberweasel
07-22-2010, 09:21 AM
oh and one more thing...
how about an option to resize the toolbar or make it horizontal? Just a thought.

ka3yan#CB
07-22-2010, 09:55 AM
oh and one more thing...
how about an option to resize the toolbar or make it horizontal? Just a thought.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing WRT making it horizontal. I like the way it is now, but I could see how some might like it horizontal.

joemorrow
07-22-2010, 12:25 PM
My contacts have not displayed correctly since the upgrade to 2.0.0. It is still happening after the latest update. They used to work fine, but now all I get is shown in the attached file.

I tried to use the delete contacts button, then re-import to no success. I have deleted the contacts.xslt file and restarted to rebuild an empty file, but I get the same results.

Anyone else having this problem?

dan3413
07-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Nice work!! I see you incorporated the keep on top and dialpad in the new version.. very nicely done - works great. - and the enter key works to dial calls.. once again nice job!! - these simple things make this application sooo much more usable when you are using the application for so many different phone calls every day.

So heres another suggestion/idea - for those of us on laptops (which i imagine is a good majority) - can you make it so you have the option to show or hide or drop the dialpad down - for instance.. see snapshot below.. Also is it possible to add the ability to either have a hook in the coding so you can create a hotkey to hangout or dial - or pickup or hangout more specifically.. -- I know for me my phone is often in the kitchen and I will get a phone call - Having the ability to hit like F1 or F2 to hangup or pickup the call would be very handy.. - not required and the uses for this functionality maybe more pronounced when people start using the scripting, however - is it something that could be easily integrated into the setup?

Thanks again.. keep up the good work.
It currently looks like this:

http://www.indyitgeek.com/dialpad.jpg

An option to have it look like this might be nice..to save screenspace
http://www.indyitgeek.com/dialpad2.jpg

dan3413
07-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Also can you add a Save History options - to save the history to a text file - Like I have shown below?

http://www.indyitgeek.com/savehistory.jpg

dan3413
07-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Okay so I just have one more idea that would be a big feature/nice to have for your software.. - if it isnt too complicated - can you add a feature called Ping my Blackberry or Send Alert, so instead of sending a 1 time Buzz which is handy if your phone is nearby.. (which is often not the case with my Bluetooth - often it is several rooms away, since I am in a small apartment..) but it sends an audible alert (or quiet vibrating alert) that is continuous until you find your phone stuck in between the couch cushions, and press the OK button on the phone? (for example) Like I know I have a similar feature called "Send Audible Alert" on the Smart Guard website, but that takes a few minutes to send to the phone and requires me to login to their website which is also subscription based and a little resource intensive on my blackberry... I know this would be a great new feature/bonus that wouldn't be too hard to implement, and you could include it in a list of new features?!? - just a thought - Thanks again..

dan3413
07-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Just found a bug - when you have an open SMS window, and get a new SMS that arrives - your window flashes - but its your current open window - the last sms message you sent, and not the sms that just popped up - even if you click on message window.. i think its a bug.

jabbs1
07-23-2010, 10:03 PM
No change to the ability to click the "Done" key, except that now it is showing in the logs as:

"Activation Key is null"I'm also getting this as well wether I enter the key manually or fetch it. Patiently wating for a fix. Well...if you could call it patiently :D I love the app and can't wait until I'm able to use version 2 fully functional.

dan3413
07-24-2010, 03:11 AM
Found another bug - when recieving sms messages on blurts - it seems to omit the @ sign. So if someone txt's you their email address for instance someone@live.com - it shows in blurts as someonelive.com - really frustrating and confusing when you are trying to get someone's email address and they keep sending you what appears to be just a just a .com with no @ symbol...

:D

ka3yan#CB
07-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Michael, I'm having what appears to be compatibility issues with Win7. Not sure if that's the case, but I'm attaching some screen shots of the 2.0.0.1 desktop client.

The first picture shows that the "Ok" and "Cancel" buttons are partially cut off by the bottom of the window. I noticed that this was a problem on the version 1 of the pc client as well.

The second picture is of the address book that is pulled up when I attempt to send an SMS to someone in my address book.

The third picture is of the "Place Call" screen.

My windows desktop display settings are:

- Screen Res: 1920 x1080 (1080p)
- Text size: Medium (125% - Default)

Sending and receiving SMS works perfectly and the SMS window is fine. It just seems that the window for the address book and the phone keypad is not rendering properly. The toolbar is fine. Screen capture worked perfectly.

MLH Software
07-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Blurts beta 2.0.0.2 is ready for download

MLH Software
07-25-2010, 08:45 PM
@ajm61894 - Any luck with the scripting? One thing I am aware of is that MSScript control does not come on Win7 64 bit machines, thus the scripting in Blurts does not work in Win7 64bit yet.

@ksdetmer - I added the Send Key (green button) to the dail pad. I still have not figured out how to place calls when the BlackBerry is in the holster. It seems the API call that I use is disabled when the BlackBerry is holstered.

@vader7071 - Couple things to check with Screen Capture, are the permission for Blurts set to Allow? If on a Strom is Blurts running in compatibility mode?

@cyberweasel - i am trying to improve the contact search, I am thinking of maybe having some form of 3 tabs: favorites, history, and search.
- Now when you double click in opens the toolbar, there is still a menu option for to show last message, but I will add an option to control what double click does.
- Still working on disabling MMS messages.
- The debug info is in an early post on this thread.
- The toolbar is still a work in progress. I have plans to allow resizing. It's look might also completely change before 2.0 is release. I want the toolbar to be easy to use but not take up a lot of space.

@joemorrow - Contacts UI has completely changed in 2.0, the screen shot you attached is showing the SMS history list. If you type something in the box at the top it will replace the history list with the search results from your contacts. The "Unknown" in the history list would be the contacts name if the number was found in your contacts list.

@dan3413 - Still working on the dial pad, I plan to add show/hide/resize support. I added the hot key support in 2.0.0.2 for Send key, End key, Place call, Send SMS. Looking for feedback for what else needs a hot key.
- I will look into the Save history option. Should be simple to do.
- I have started on the Locate phone feature, it should be in the next update.
- I have not looked at the SMS window flash issue yet, but will before the next update.
- @ sign is working for me in SMS. Can you provide any more detail that could help we see the issue?

@jabbs1 - The activation key issue is fixed in 2.0.0.2. I tested it with ka3yan and he confirmed it is working now. This is why I have a beta, it appears some stuff doesn't work on certain OS versions. :)

@ka3yan - Still looking into the window size issue. I have not been able to reproduce it, I need to keep trying different settings to see what happens.

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. Please keep it up.

ka3yan#CB
07-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Ok, so the PC UI looks much better on my screen now. The only thing that I see that's off is on the new Hot Keys tab. See image below.

I see no changes with the other two windows that I had problems with previously, the send SMS and the phone call windows. I should point out though, when I receive a call, the dial pad does display correctly.

edit: I am using Win 7 Pro x64 and IE 8

ksdetmer
07-25-2010, 09:45 PM
any chance you can make the number pad pop up as well when you click on the call button from the menu *touch screen user here :)

ksdetmer
07-25-2010, 09:50 PM
like your contact search favorite history tab idea

ka3yan#CB
07-26-2010, 09:33 AM
Michael,

I see that I'm not having any of the alignment issues with my work computer that I had on my home computer. I use XP Pro, and view 1280 x 1024 at work.

I do want to comment on the alert for the SMS window. I don't like the way the SMS window pops up when I get a new message. I don't like it at all. This is extremely frustrating when I'm trying to do work on my work computer, or when I'm with a client and the chat (SMS) window just pops up. I can't even click on the background window to make the SMS window go away. I must click on the SMS window first, otherwise it just stays in front, flashing. That is not a good thing. I like the pop-up alert at the bottom of the screen. That is more than enough in the way of an alert.

Even if there was a toggle button or radio button in the PC UI that allows me to disable this alert.

Brad

jabbs1
07-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks for fixing the activation code issue :) Any way of getting the toolbar to always stay open and in it's current state (ex. minimized)? That would be a big plus by saving users from having to always open and move it to the desired position on their pc every time Blurts reconnects.

Also, when I try to open the script example on the Blurts beta page nothing happens.

rlmesq
07-27-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm a little disappointed that the clipboard functions have been moved to a submenu under BlackBerry. I use it often and would prefer not to drill down to find it.

The toolbar is OK, I guess, but it seems to defeat the beauty of Blurts, which is its small size and the way it hides in the tray. I doubt I would use it.

Suggested new feature: ability to choose a larger popup that will reveal more of a message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

ka3yan#CB
07-27-2010, 10:58 AM
I agree with @rlmesq, I do not like having to drill down to get to the Send SMS under the BlackBerry menu. I kept telling myself that every time I use it, but now that it's been vocalized, I know that it is worth mentioning. It is just a minor annoyance, but an annoyance all the same.

I do miss having my address book to scroll through. Sometimes I would rather scroll through the names rather than have to type the name in. I don't understand why you made the change to the address book. I like how fast it downloads from my phone now, but the fact that it doesn't display like it did I don't like. I liked having pictures beside my contacts too.

CalPolyRock
07-27-2010, 11:59 AM
The beta looks awesome! Could you add a feature to delete an email and/or mark as read?

If i have my phone on my desk, an alert pops up on Blurts and I read the email or SMS. Meanwhile, my phone is still blinking red that I have a new message and the notifications are still there on the phone. can this be cleared?

Also, If an email is > than the size of the Blurts alert, would it be possible to click the alert and then get a scroll bar so I can read the entire email?

Thanks and great product!

cyberweasel
07-27-2010, 02:34 PM
I just had a weird issue where I had left my desk for lunch and came back and Blurts showed connected and I could send a test message from the device but it would not notify of new emails. I tried restarting the desktop app with no change. I then restarted the BB app and it would not connect again. Restarting the Desktop app again seemed to correct everything.
Another note: when I exited the BB app, the desktop locked as it should so it was connected just not notifying of emails.

MLH Software
07-27-2010, 09:49 PM
@ka3yan - I'll keep looking into the window clipping issue. The SMS alerting will be configurable so you can choose how you want to be alerted. I also still have some clean up work to do with the SMS window flashing as well.

@ksdetmer - I have plans to add the number pad into the contact search/dial screen.

@jabbs1 - Is the toolbar going away on disconnect for you? (It doesn't for me) It should only close if you click on the close button. It doesn't close just because you BlackBerry disconnected. You might need to right click on the link and choose to save file. You can also find the the sample script file on your PC in the Blurts folder under program files.

@rlmesq - I am still playing around with the menus. I'll move it back to the first level. Also you can right click on the toolbar and get to the menu of actions. I also plan to add a clipboard button to the toolbar. What about a Hot Key for the clipboard, would you use it?
The pop currently auto sizes to show all of an SMS message, and you can click it so more of an email message. I am also playing around with other formats for the alert. At some point I plan to support themes so you completely change how an alert looks and download other peoples Blurt themes.

@ka3yan - I plan to move the SMS menu item as well, but have you tried setting up a Hot Key for SMS yet? I plan to bring back the complete contact list and contact photos.

@CalPolyRock - I have plans to add more actions for email such as delete/reply/send new. But not sure this will make it into 2.0. It might have to be in a later release. So far I have not figured out how to mark email read and clear the email alerts on the BlackBerry. I will add it if I ever figure out how to do it. You can click on email alerts now and it will expand and show more the message with a scrollbar. (It could be better though.)

@cyberweasel - There might be some defects that cause the notification between to the PC and BlackBerry to get whacked even though they are still connected. Still trying to track them down, but they don't happen often enough to figure them out yet.

Still hoping to hear some feedback on the scripting support. I thought it would be a very cool feature, but so far doesn't seem so.

For example if you want something fun to play with try this.
Add the following to the OnClipBoardAlert() function in script.js file

BlackBerry.Alert.BackgroundColor = BlackBerry.Alert.Text;

Then on your blackberry copy the word green (or any color) to your clipboard and then send the clipboard to the pc (you can press "x" key in Blurts on the BB, or select "Send to PC" menu item on the PC). This is a pointless example other then to show you what is possible.

Again, great stuff from all of you.

rlmesq
07-27-2010, 10:52 PM
@rlmesq - I am still playing around with the menus. I'll move it back to the first level. Also you can right click on the toolbar and get to the menu of actions. I also plan to add a clipboard button to the toolbar. What about a Hot Key for the clipboard, would you use it?

The pop currently auto sizes to show all of an SMS message, and you can click it so more of an email message. I am also playing around with other formats for the alert. At some point I plan to support themes so you completely change how an alert looks and download other peoples Blurt themes.

I'd probably use a clipboard hot key... great idea! I'm not fond of toolbars, so I think I'll keep using Blurts from the tray icon. I've recently started using gmote, a mouse shortcut program, and will see if I can get it to work with the scripting functions.

handform.net :: gMote (http://www.handform.net/gmote.php)

I'd really like it if the message window would expand a little more to show more of an email message. I now understand it's sized for SMS (I use Google Voice for text messaging, so I don't see many SMS messages), but it's hard to see much more than the sender and subject on an email without clicking and scrolling.

That reminds me... is there any way to support copying from the message popup window? I can select text, but CRTL+C doesn't copy to clipboard and right-clicking on the selected text doesn't produce a cut/paste popup menu.

jabbs1
07-28-2010, 03:56 PM
@jabbs1 - Is the toolbar going away on disconnect for you? (It doesn't for me) It should only close if you click on the close button. It doesn't close just because you BlackBerry disconnected. You might need to right click on the link and choose to save file. You can also find the the sample script file on your PC in the Blurts folder under program files.Sorry, my evaluation was not completely correct. When Blurts disconnects when my pc remains on (i.e. phone off), then reconnects, the toolbar does reappear in the same position. However, whenever I have to restart my pc, I have to open the toolbar back up and reposition it. If you could somehow make it start up each time the pc is turned on that would be superb (I've got a nice spot for it along my Vista sidebar :) )

I did find the Script file in my MLH Software folder but it won't open. I'm not very familiar with these file types, but I am learning about programming and scripting. Is there something else I need to do to get this to work?

ka3yan#CB
07-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Michael, I just added a hot key for SMS and like it a lot!!! I don't know why I didn't play around with that before. I did go into the .xml and changed the colors to how I like them, but I haven't played around with the scripting yet. I'm not sure that I would remove it, but I don't know how many users are actually going to know what to do with it. Maybe some examples in a help menu would give folks a place to start. Also, you could give some examples on your website with screen shots so that users can see some examples before they play with it too much. It'll also give another reason to visit your website!! :-)

cohusker
07-30-2010, 01:16 PM
Hello - sometimes when I get a SMS, I can hit "reply" from the notification pop-up window and the message thread comes up. Other times, I hit "reply" and nothing happens. I have tried to recreate this a few times and it seems random. I'm still trying to troubleshoot it, but wanted to give you a heads up.

cwc-tour
08-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Is there a way to lookup the Alert history?

christoph78
08-04-2010, 03:36 AM
Hello,

great App. But it not shows german Characters like in the messages. Messeges with character don't work completly.

Christoph

MLH Software
08-09-2010, 09:25 PM
@rlmesq - I'll try and make sure the app works with and without the toolbar. Right now there are certain things that only work with the toolbar. I am working on some options for different alert looks and sizes. I am also looking into the copy issue.

@jabbs1 - I will work on adding support for the toolbar and other windows to remember their state and location so they will reopen the same on the restart. I'll work on posting more help and samples for scripting soon.

@ka3yan - I have plans to add the alert colors as a configuration option so you do have to change the xsl every time. of couse the color is one of the things you can change via script. For example you could change the alert color based on the phone number or email address, thus having a unique color for each of your contacts. I'll work on posting more help and samples for scripting soon.

@cohusker - Thanks for the feedback. If you figure out any more detail let me know.

@cwc-tour - The alert history is currently not saved, but it is something I plan to add in the future.

@christoph78 - Thanks for the feedback, this is something I am working on. I now have it working for Asian characters as of 2.0.0.3, but still not German yet. I just need to figure out the character encoding and add it.

MLH Software
08-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Blurts beta 2.0.0.3 is ready for download