I found this app called Zumocast. It basically lets you stream media on your iPhone that's on your computer. You install a program on your computer and point it to the folders you hold your media. I tried it over 3G with a HD movie and there's an occasional stutter, but for the most part it works pretty well. I think it would work better with non-HD content. It seems to stream music pretty well. I couple of updates and I get the feeling this could work real well. So if you're like me, and 32GB just isn't enough, this isn't too bad.
    09-16-10 01:37 PM
    Here's another app, called Air Video. I've been using it for about 4 months and I really like it. It streams video through your home network to your iPhone.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/air-v...mt=8&at=10l3Vy
    Last edited by jayman2; 09-16-10 at 08:18 PM.
    09-16-10 05:31 PM
    I find myself using AirVideo for video and ZumoCast for music. I'll probably end up switching to ZumoCast for everything once they implement a resume feature for video.

I can't help but think that apps like these are things the more rabid BlackBerry users like to dismiss as toys, though, without ever considering just how cool it is to be able to stream your media wherever you are.
    09-16-10 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD