I just ordered the Zagg for my i4. I watched the Youtube vid on installation, but was wondering if any of you guys have installed one and are there any tricks I will need to know to do a clean install? Any help would be appreciated.
    07-05-10 07:31 PM
    Hey, I've installed the Invisishield on both my Bolds and have to say its absolutely great! The protection it offers along with a lifetime replacement warranty can't be beat.
    Installation is very similar to most screen protectors aside from the fact that you use water to apply it. Makes sure that when you go to apply it, you do it in a clean, dust free area, and having a bowl of water beside you when you apply it is very useful. A few dust free cloths are also a good idea to have on hand, as you have to dry it as you apply it. Its kinda intimidating at first but if you take your time the install will go off without a hitch and offer unbeatable protection.
    Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 07:43 PM
    It's a very good product however if you purchased the version that comes with it's own solution I suggest not using it. It is not slick enough. I suggest using bottled water with one drop of dish soap stirred in. This will make it nice and slippery so you can make fine adjustments once it's on. Also get you fingertips a little wet with the liquid before peeling off the shield from the paper backing to avoid getting fingerprints on it.

07-05-10 08:31 PM
    I installed it on my i4 yesterday and it's PERFECT...like what J.Bell said, make sure ur hands and area is clean. But the shield itself is a perfect compliment for the i4.
    07-05-10 09:02 PM
    May want to read other threads on it. It did not work well for me at all although they were nice enough to give me a refund. It has an orange peel look and affects the sensitivity of the touch screen quite a bit. I also could not get it to stay put. It kept moving around constantly especially the back. I was sorely dissapointed especially after all the great reviews on it. Looking for something a bit better than Zagg for a protector.
    07-05-10 09:09 PM
    Thank you all for the advice, Ive already paid for it, so Im going to give it a shot.
    07-05-10 09:29 PM
    How could it keep moving. Once it dries its locked in, thats it. I'm gonna chalk that up to install error.
    07-06-10 01:15 AM
    ya i got mine from a kiosk at the mall
    $35 including installation
    they told me this was the easiest iphone to install zagg on
    also, they said the sides were a piece of cake

sadly they rushed my iphone
    but they said that if it wears out or such they would replace it for free
    07-06-10 01:39 AM
    I got and hate it, orange peel city here we come. Makes the iPhone 4 look like crap. I just left the back on, but could not destroy the front screen with it. Another thing, it's a finger print magnet!
    07-06-10 09:44 AM
    What do you guys mean by orange peel city?
    07-06-10 09:52 AM
    What do you guys mean by orange peel city?
    They mean once on many times it has an orange peel effect, like how the texture of an orange is, where you can see it's rough looking like an orange. I too had this and also had several trapped hairs under it even though I was doing this with everything very clean and in a clean environment. I have a feeling it was from the sponge they give you to put the solution on rather than the spray like it used to be. Mine ended up a disaster on my iPod Touch so I peeled it off and sent it back for a refund. Horrible product imo.
    07-06-10 10:11 AM
    How could it keep moving. Once it dries its locked in, thats it. I'm gonna chalk that up to install error.
    That is what I thought but after trying it a few times and letting it dry overnight it still would not stay put. Pulling it out of my pocket or putting it back in would make the shield move around. I gave up. Didn't like the orange peel look or the decreased screen sensitivity anyway so regardless of the moving around, it's still not a product I would recommend at all.
    07-06-10 10:20 AM
    Invisishield is based in the city i live in and they have a big store downtown so i just took my i4 in and they put one on for me.. i love it, i have had invisishield on all my phones, 8800, 8300, 8330, tour, bold 9000, bold 9700, 2g, 3gs, and now i4.. IMHO they are the best out there..
    07-06-10 12:00 PM
    Overnight is not enough time to let it fully dry.
    07-06-10 12:02 PM
    Btw...eBay product Clear Protector CP is identical to the zagg but 1/4 of the price

07-06-10 01:14 PM
    I plan to put a quality case on it so all I really need is the screen protector, and if I get the Otter, it will have one built in like the one on my iPod touch. I just need the Zagg to get me through till then really.
    07-06-10 05:35 PM
    I have always installed my own. I was at the movies and put my iPhone in my pocket with my leather wallet. The friction between the leather and back shield of my iPhone was greater than the adhesive. It curled it up bad. But I took it home, washed it and reapplied it. Looks like it never happened.

07-06-10 06:34 PM
    Had it installed on my 3GS and now my i4 and I love it, yes while the orange peelish look does take away from the looks aspect of the device, you know your screen i protected and I have a bumper on mine as well... great combo til my vapor bumper gets here
    07-06-10 06:59 PM
    Had it installed on my 3GS and now my i4 and I love it, yes while the orange peelish look does take away from the looks aspect of the device, you know your screen i protected and I have a bumper on mine as well... great combo til my vapor bumper gets here
    Just preordered the black one...those look so cool

07-07-10 07:27 AM
    Hmmm, might have to look into these...

07-07-10 08:06 AM
    those look sweet, Im definitely going to check them out
    07-07-10 05:32 PM
    The best alternative to Zagg are the skins at stealthguardprotectors.com because it is a better skin (I have used Zagg and BSE in the past) and you get two full skins for $9.99. Mine is awesome!
    07-12-10 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD