THE event.
    All leaks were real.
    Nothing really new (I mean except performance boost).

God, can't wait Q1 for real innovation.
    RIM : the door is open. Th@y didn't make it.
    09-12-12 01:16 PM
    I don't know. I think it delivered all it really needed too to be honest. That said I really hope the new BB10's are something fantastic!
    09-12-12 01:21 PM
    I think it was a good upgrade. Internals seemed to be updated quite a bit. Again Apple doesnt have to build an entire new OS. They are just improving on one that is one of the best out there already. I dont expect new innovation every release when you are already at the top pretty much. The updates shown today seem to catch up to points where android took the lead a little.
    09-12-12 01:30 PM
    They delivered what customers will buy. And that's what they are trying to do. I guess when the sales numbers come out we will know for sure.
    09-12-12 01:31 PM
    I think it was a good upgrade. Internals seemed to be updated quite a bit. Again Apple doesnt have to build an entire new OS. They are just improving on one that is one of the best out there already. I dont expect new innovation every release when you are already at the top pretty much. The updates shown today seem to catch up to points where android took the lead a little.
    Agree, yet no *wow* nor "surprise" that would have really shadowed BB10 launch.
    A nice upgrade it is. Million they will sell.

(and thx for the topic move, btw)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-12-12 at 01:37 PM.
    09-12-12 01:33 PM
    If they put the same phone in a different housing with a redesigned box they would sell millions...

At this point major upgrades or not, doesn't really matter...
    TheScionicMan likes this.
    09-12-12 01:42 PM

These days leaks take away a lot of the "wow" and "surprise". I think the selling point here is what it always is. It's an Apple product so it's built with a certain quality to the materials. The hardware and software work together very well and smooth. You get probably the biggest grouping of developers creating all sorts of apps for everything and everyone.
    09-12-12 01:51 PM
    The next big Apple OS and hardware will be after BB10 launches...more new features to mooch off
    09-12-12 01:53 PM
    It was a good upgrade. Bigger and better screen, better camera, LTE, dual band 802.11 n WiFi, 18% thinner, and better battery life than the 4S.
    09-12-12 02:00 PM
    The smaller and reversable connector is nice too but the adapter sucks. Apple does love adapters and dongles though.

I'll have a good laugh if the adapter is $50.
    09-12-12 02:08 PM

It will sell 30 million by the time BlackBerry 10 launches, that will be their wow.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    09-12-12 02:37 PM
    It will sell 30 million by the time BlackBerry 10 launches, that will be their wow.
    Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    well, I'd say : maybe.
    (hint: cnet has removed its poll "Will you buy the Iphone5"; when I voted, there was 25% in my category (absolutely not) and much more in the "maybe" to "probably not, at least wait" categories. http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7...iphone-5-poll/)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-12-12 at 03:32 PM.
    09-12-12 03:28 PM
    well, I'd say : maybe.
    (hint: cnet has removed its poll "Will you buy the Iphone5"; when I voted, there was 25% in my category (absolutely not) and much more in the "maybe" to "probably not, at least wait" categories. Will you buy the iPhone 5? (poll) | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews)

I vaguely remember a poll similar to that one that had very underwelming numbers. I think it was when the 4s was announced...

Here's another poll you can vote in.

http://polldaddy.com/poll/6530145/
    Last edited by pri79269; 09-12-12 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Edited to add Poll
    09-12-12 03:45 PM
    Yeah, when the 4S came out so many people were saying it wasn't worth it, they wouldn't upgrade, etc. Yet look at the sales numbers; they don't lie. Lots of people obviously felt it was worth it.
    pri79269 likes this.
    09-12-12 03:49 PM
    I think Apple is handing a great opportunity to RIM, frankly.

This is just barely above the level of an incremental upgrade, and while it tidies things up from a systems standpoint (the new LTE chipset should allow this new iPhone to run on many more systems), there's very little functional difference here.

Pixel density is not improved on the slightly longer screen. Meh. The Dev Alpha is already better.

No NFC support, either. RIM arguably has more experience with NFC than anyone else and this could be a big differentiator when BB10 is released (depending, of course, on what apps take advantage of it, but on the iPhone it isn't even an option).

Aside from the chipset, it's hard to see why Apple even bothered.
    09-12-12 04:55 PM
    I the worldwide radio support is huge. This is a world phone and looks like LTE/4g almost everywhere. NFC is still too young to make a difference i think. I have never really used it on Nexus in the close to a 3/4 year i have owned the phone. I dont think we have any final info on what all support the radios in bb10 will offer so it will be interesting to compare.
    09-12-12 06:13 PM
    THE event.
    All leaks were real.
    Nothing really new (I mean except performance boost).

God, can't wait Q1 for real innovation.
    RIM : the door is open. Th@y didn't make it.
    Sorry, but they DID make it. That being said, you're buying the next BB10 device, even if it's two tin cans and a long string.LOL
    09-12-12 07:42 PM
    Aside from the chipset, it's hard to see why Apple even bothered.
    Yeah, who would want a thinner and lighter phone that's faster, has a better camera, better screen, upgraded WiFi and wireless connectivity all while giving you the same or better battery life than the previous model.
    09-13-12 12:26 AM
    ... you're buying the next BB10 device, even if it's two tin cans and a long string...
    I resemble this remark!
    09-13-12 02:46 AM
    I think the iP5 is a good upgrade for their target user. For me its not edgy enough. I have enough points to buy one when it comes out and I just may do that.
    09-13-12 06:06 PM
    The iPhone 5 will definitely be a BIG upgrade for me, coming from using an iPhone 4 for two years which I still love and saw no real reason to upgrade to the 4S, therefore you can't say I'm someone who drinks the Apple coolaid.

However the iPhone 5 will have greatly improved internals and it will still resemble the iPhone 4 which to me was the best and coolest designed smartphone in a while.

My preorders in.
    09-18-12 07:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD