I seem to remember BGR's Geller throwing a holy fit because BlackBerry finally didn't give him a review device. He looked like the tool he is and I applaud BlackBerry for treating him like he needed to be treated. Apple can choose to deal with people as they wish, it will likely come back some day to get them.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    10-01-14 02:36 PM
    Now I see how Apple bullies the media.

Apples efforts to deny information is going to cause them a lot of grief!!!

German magazine handed Apple event ban for iPhone 6 Plus bend test

Posted using my amazing and intelligent Z10
    The exact same thing happens here on CB. Make a comment that is even slightly critical of any BlackBerry does and 20 people will jump down your throat.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    pankaler likes this.
    10-02-14 01:44 AM
    One would think that Apple is run by Mussolini or Hitler by the way they act. I really wish that their products would start to explode so they go bankrupt under all the lawsuits. That would be a day fit for celebrating (at least for me).

Posted from my Blackberry Z3
    neteng1000 likes this.
    10-02-14 01:57 AM
    Crazigee, same thing happens in every fan site. Just the way it is. Gilda, Apple provides a product that a lot of people like. All of the iPhone users in my company were BB users at one time. They know the difference. Of course BB10 is far from the BB they left, but it's hard to get people back once lost - especially if they are more or less satisfied with what they have.
    The handling of the media here is nasty, but I'm sure Apple is not the first to use their strong position in such a manner. Not condoning it though.
    Last edited by jhimmel; 10-02-14 at 06:44 AM.
    10-02-14 05:42 AM
    This is fairly well known: http://9to5mac.com/2014/08/29/seeing...-of-the-media/

Scarily ugly. Yes, all companies like to control their images, but man, I wouldn't want to cover Apple products for a living.

BlackBerry could be just as weird back when it had more "power." Now, IMHO, BBRY is a bit more open because it has to be, even working with smaller volume bloggers and at least being approachable.

But this whole thing is ugly. It's something that shouldn't have let happen, and it concerns me that Apple is so seemingly immune to public sentiment in this specific issue (and Leo Laporte).
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    10-02-14 05:58 AM
    Crazigee, same thing happens in every fan site. Just the way it is. Gilda, Apple provides a product that a lot of people like. All of the iPhone users in my company were BB users at one time. They know the difference. Of course BB10 is far from the BB they left, but it's hard to get people back once lost - especially if they are more or less satisfied with what they have.
    The handling if the media here is nasty, but I'm sure Apple is not the first to use there strong position in such a manner. Not condoning it though.
    Yep. Great point re: getting folks back.
    10-02-14 06:00 AM
    Hello Thunderbuck, I normally appreciate your comments as you appear to be insightful and intelligent. I do think that your comment that you have no idea why anyone would be surprised by this...

You need to realize that many new members to CrackBerry and are unaware of a lot of history of BlackBerry and Apple.

I visit this site daily and always felt in my gut that BlackBerry was continually beaten down by the media for the smallest misstep. Apple could do no wrong regardless of their error.

To me the German media firm being targeted, biased and punished was shocking. This behaviour needs to be placed front and centre.

For all the iSheep out there blindly supporting Apple.

I think that this action will be a black eye on Apple( if what happened isn't buried.

Posted using my amazing and intelligent Z10
    Not even considering BlackBerry, Apple has been notorious for playing hardball with the media since pretty much its founding.

Walter Isaakson's biography of Steve Jobs has at least a little insight on this. Isaakson himself had some experience with Apple's "media handling", since he first met Jobs as an editor at Time and there was definitely some "give and take" in the relationship.

Other companies certainly play the media, but I don't know of many who do it as aggressively as Apple.
    10-02-14 11:18 AM
    Hmmm...

So the verge and the likes, bashing and putting down BlackBerry endlessly is a sign of loyalty to iPhone so they can remain in the un-blacklist territory and continue to receive benefits and free phone's from apple...

Just my theory.

That is dirty. It's like martial law of smartphones to silence the truth and to bring down competitors via their cohort media.

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 | 10.2.1.3247 iPhone 4s IOS 7.xx
    I don't think the Verge gets any invitations to BlackBerry events either.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 06:48 AM
    I thought it was mildly amusing to read one of the tech threads on the Guardian here in the UK. Someone asked when they were going to review the Passport and one of the journalists said he would when BlackBerry got round to sending him one. He was then jumped on for it being a pathetically weak excuse when the launch event was round the corner from their offices.

Hardly surprising BlackBerry didn't bother if they didn't.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 06:54 AM
    Hmmm...

So the verge and the likes, bashing and putting down BlackBerry endlessly is a sign of loyalty to iPhone so they can remain in the un-blacklist territory and continue to receive benefits and free phone's from apple...

Just my theory.

That is dirty. It's like martial law of smartphones to silence the truth and to bring down competitors via their cohort media.

Yes, certainly no BlackBerry enthusiasts ever bash iOS or Anroid.

Posted using my Asus Transformer TF700T via the CrackBerry App
    10-03-14 09:09 AM
    How is the TF700 by the way? I had one of the old TF101s and loved it, though it's long obsolete now of course.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 09:13 AM
    How is the TF700 by the way? I had one of the old TF101s and loved it, though it's long obsolete now of course.

Posted via CB10
    I was given it as a gift for Christmas 2012.

It's a well thought out design. The extra battery in the keyboard is great. Really increases the battery time. It's light and very portable. The screen is amazing. Super bright and crisp.

My main problem is build quality. Not good at all. My first two keyboards were DOA. The first one wasn't recognized by the tablet and had to be returned. The second keyboard the SD slot didn't work. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that until I had already thrown away the packaging, so I had to ship it back to Asus (at my own cost) and wait 3.5 weeks for them to repair it.

The clips that hold the keyboard and tablet together are plastic. They wear out quickly. They were replaced once under warranty (again at my own shipping cost). Now they are again worn and my tablet is out of warranty. My brother has the same tablet. His clips were replaced twice under warranty in the first year.

I think my next tablet will be Windows, unless Asus dramatically increase build quality.

10-03-14 09:25 AM
    I was given it as a gift for Christmas 2012.

It's a well thought out design. The extra battery in the keyboard is great. Really increases the battery time. It's light and very portable. The screen is amazing. Super bright and crisp.

My main problem is build quality. Not good at all. My first two keyboards were DOA. The first one wasn't recognized by the tablet and had to be returned. The second keyboard the SD slot didn't work. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that until I had already thrown away the packaging, so I had to ship it back to Asus (at my own cost) and wait 3.5 weeks for them to repair it.

The clips that hold the keyboard and tablet together are plastic. They wear out quickly. They were replaced once under warranty (again at my own shipping cost). Now they are again worn and my tablet is out of warranty. My brother has the same tablet. His clips were replaced twice under warranty in the first year.

I think my next tablet will be Windows, unless Asus dramatically increase build quality.

Thanks for that.

Reason I'm less interested in any of the Surface ones is the flimsy keyboard, since it's unusable on a lap, as it were. So I've been looking at the new Transformers. They are pretty cheap I suppose.

Interesting you say about the build quality, the TF101 was really robust. Anyway, we're moving the thread of topic - cheers for the reply.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 09:39 AM
    I don't think the Verge gets any invitations to BlackBerry events either.

Posted via CB10
    How do you think they got a passport unit for a review?

10-03-14 09:44 AM
    Yes, certainly no BlackBerry enthusiasts ever bash iOS or Anroid.

Yup, individuals. Not a writer representing a whole Website

10-03-14 09:46 AM
    Yup, individuals. Not a writer representing a whole Website

LOL, yes. Not that it matters, but there are writers representing websites that diss other platforms.
    10-03-14 01:52 PM
41 12