Iphone???? dont make me laugh. You guys are talking about how good it is. Yeah thats if you can get service where ever you are. At&t says more bars in more places. What they are not saying is just because you have bars don't mean you got service. The storm is the best piece of equipment out right now. Oh yeah mine has insurance what do you do if your iphone brakes. I guess the ballers out there will go get another. Hey go head and continue to money in at&t and apple pockets.....lol!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well I live in Miami ( I don't have AT&T) but there are places where of course Tmobile doesnt have service... but not even Verizon has service... and AT&T has full signal 3G, just a fact that I noticed
    04-21-09 06:53 PM
    Ive had my storm for about 2 months now. Once I updated my OS I have had not problem with my storm..

Here is some things that I like about the Storm that I don't beleive the IPhone has...

1) Being able to remove the battery for me is huge. I can have a spare battery if mine is dead. I can by an upgraded long life battery. I have a long flight coming up and I'm going to watch movies on my storm the whole time... No need for a charger... Got extra batteries.

2) To my knowledge, the memory on the IPhone is set in stone. The memory that comes with the phone is all you'll ever have... I on the other hand have 4 16gb memory cards that I can interchange and keep movies and all my favorite episodes of TV shows on. Thats awesome.

3) Lastly, for me, the fact that the screen clicks when you select something makes it feel as though I am pushing a button. When I tried out that Iphone I could not type to save my life... with the Storm it was extremely easy for me.

I don't know, I feel like the Iphone has some advantages over the Storm for NOW... But over time the Storm will surpass the Iphone.
    1) how many people actually carry an extra battery with them? I have an iTrip when I'm in the car listening to my music, when I'm on my laptop if I need to I'll connect it to iTunes....

3) Althought when I did have the Storm I did like the click factor when you're on a website... i type faster on my iPhone than I ever did when I had the Curve 8320 or 8900.

If we are trying to compare on touchscreen apple blows the storm away.. but if we are comparing the iPhone to other blackberries like the Bold and Curve 8900.. its closer than people think IMO
    04-21-09 06:56 PM
    Iphone???? dont make me laugh. You guys are talking about how good it is. Yeah thats if you can get service where ever you are. At&t says more bars in more places. What they are not saying is just because you have bars don't mean you got service. The storm is the best piece of equipment out right now. Oh yeah mine has insurance what do you do if your iphone brakes. I guess the ballers out there will go get another. Hey go head and continue to money in at&t and apple pockets.....lol!!!!!!!!!!!
    You're blind if you think the Storm is the best piece of equipment out right now? I'd take a betamax player and PAY for it before I got another Storm handed to me FREE. de-nile aint just a river in egypt..
    04-21-09 08:58 PM
    Well I live in Miami ( I don't have AT&T) but there are places where of course Tmobile doesnt have service... but not even Verizon has service... and AT&T has full signal 3G, just a fact that I noticed
    That would be because ATT has service in Puerto Rico......... whereas Verizon? CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? doesnt AT ALL.
    04-21-09 08:58 PM
    Puero rico??? I said Miami

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 10:19 PM
    ATT has rock solid service in SW Florida! All 3g! Yep more bars in more places where I live. I remember when I had sprint back in the day I couldn't even talk inside the building I work in.

All I know is ATT has southwest Florida on 3G lockdown.
    04-21-09 10:44 PM
    i think the storm will become more popular in time
    04-22-09 12:19 AM
    i think the storm will become more popular in time
    Maybe the 2nd Storm.
    04-22-09 09:53 AM
    Yes.. get rid of the click screen, and make it so that 99% of the apps don't switch to landscape mode when you just set the device on the table. Then don't make it switch to landscape mode while it's off, in your pocket and go to answer it and it freezes..
    04-22-09 09:55 AM
    Yes.. get rid of the click screen, and make it so that 99% of the apps don't switch to landscape mode when you just set the device on the table. Then don't make it switch to landscape mode while it's off, in your pocket and go to answer it and it freezes..
    hmm thats hardly conducive to this thread.

How about making the battery removable on the iphone or not releasing firmware that irreparably damages the iphone's wifi? All pointless nit-picking really and with both devices we can go on all day long in this approach.
    04-22-09 03:34 PM
    You're blind if you think the Storm is the best piece of equipment out right now? I'd take a betamax player and PAY for it before I got another Storm handed to me FREE. de-nile aint just a river in egypt..
    Oh dear, says it all really.
    04-22-09 03:35 PM
    hmm thats hardly conducive to this thread.

How about making the battery removable on the iphone or not releasing firmware that irreparably damages the iphone's wifi? All pointless nit-picking really and with both devices we can go on all day long in this approach.
    Yeah I heard about that..but honestly, I have a ton of iPhone's connecting into my Exchange server and all are updated to 2.2.1 with the latest carrier update/baseband. All of them are from IT people who I work with and none have complained about WIFI issues.. now we're talking about power hungry power users who probably leave WIFI on on purpose.

these are the folks that ATT hates because they are bandwidth hungry, lol.

So who knows? maybe there was a bad batch that only affects a very small margin.. We'll know more as time goes on.
    04-22-09 04:01 PM
    Yeah I heard about that..but honestly, I have a ton of iPhone's connecting into my Exchange server and all are updated to 2.2.1 with the latest carrier update/baseband. All of them are from IT people who I work with and none have complained about WIFI issues.. now we're talking about power hungry power users who probably leave WIFI on on purpose.

these are the folks that ATT hates because they are bandwidth hungry, lol.

So who knows? maybe there was a bad batch that only affects a very small margin.. We'll know more as time goes on.
    It's not a small margin. A quick search of Apples forum reveals the huge numbers effected.

It appears to be a heat issue but unfortunately once the phone is updated, theres no going back.

Also in a unusual apple approach they have told people they need a new phone rather than offering a replacement.
    Last edited by Danger_Mouse; 04-22-09 at 05:29 PM.
    04-22-09 05:14 PM
    Ive said it before and ill say it again. If the iphone is so amazing, why does the president use a BB???
    Afraid this says it all, huh?
    04-22-09 05:21 PM
    What happens if you're on 911 and the attacker attacks you and you drop your phone, battery comes out.. see ya.

It does suck that it's not removable, but it does have it's perks.
    An attacker; wow u will be reaching for a phone. Yeah um ok LMAO
    I would like to think I would be reaching for a can of Whup A$$.
    Then when it is said and done when the attacker is laid out then I pick
    up my phone to call the cops to carry their sorry ar$$e$ to jail

I can't lie here seeing the iphone commercials. I do salivate at those
    apps.
    But; and correct me if I am wrong.
    I am not tied to say a particular music provider; say like an apple user
    might be tied to itunes ( pls let me know if I am wrong ).

I can record music to my pc off the net; and just drop it onto my storm.
    Oh btw I do have a stand alone blue tooth stereo speaker that I can
    connect to my Storm and play my tunes that way. Yes the speaker
    is battery powered so I can take it to the park if I so desire.

Ok so u say when u get an mms or call it interrupts the music.
    But if I really don't wanna be bothered I can disable my phone so no calls comes thru. Yes it does suck having an interruption to my music when I get a call while I workout. But I can answer my phone with my head set while listening to music and have a conversation if necessary.
    Oh and why would I disable my phone; well my son is with mom. We are all grown and sexy
    u figure out the rest.
    I can take any song in my library and set it as a ring tone.
    I can record a blip of a song set it in my ringtone folder and create
    custom ringtone easily.

The only time my Strm has frozen is because some apps that I have installed
    may not have been compatible with my device.
    Games yes iphone does have the selection; and for that matter so does
    win mo. But I have RR Tycoon and Tiltris (free) that suits me just fine.
    I love RPG's.
    I honestly did think about the switching to AT&T for the iphone.
    Didn't want to pay the hefty deposit.
    Also another deciding factor; when the switch to LTE is said and
    done AT&T's network won't even come close to VZW's.
    So u tell me what good will it do you to have a million dollar phone
    on a fiddy cent network.
    The network is why I will stay with VZW; and keep my not so prime time
    but yet good Strm.
    Buuuut if the iphone ever develops a 4" screen then all bets may be off
    after I am a gadget freak. ; )
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 04-23-09 at 09:37 AM.
    04-23-09 09:33 AM
165 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD