This was a quick video I found just showing of the fluid movements between all three OS's. Can clearly see RIM still has some blatant tweaks to work out. I hope they are seeing videos like this in Waterloo knowing that a glitchy OS is also a frustrating thing for customers.

02-27-12 04:40 AM
    This was a quick video I found just showing of the fluid movements between all three OS's. Can clearly see RIM still has some blatant tweaks to work out. I hope they are seeing videos like this in Waterloo knowing that a glitchy OS is also a frustrating thing for customers.

That is a video from 2010 and it shows the old Torch with a different theme on it, not the OS7 Torch. What exactly is your point and why would you post it in the first place? They already worked out the "blatant tweaks" in OS7, it moves just as fast as the other devices.
    02-27-12 05:29 AM
    Okay? Who swipes there thumbs that durn fast? Like really. Come on ( roll eyes)
    02-27-12 07:25 AM
    Okay? Who swipes there thumbs that durn fast? Like really. Come on ( roll eyes)
    I think the point was there wasn't a lag in the WinMo phone or iPhone, but there was a huge speed difference with the BB.
    02-27-12 09:10 AM
    I think the point was there wasn't a lag in the WinMo phone or iPhone, but there was a huge speed difference with the BB.
    Yeah, it was, in 2010 when the video was made. It's 2012 now.
    02-27-12 09:22 AM
    Yeah, it was, in 2010 when the video was made. It's 2012 now.
    It just shows the level of optimization on the first iteration of a mobile OS; RIM has seven of them, and OS7 ISN'T lag-free

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    02-27-12 10:26 AM
    It just shows the level of optimization on the first iteration of a mobile OS; RIM has seven of them, and OS7 ISN'T lag-free

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Neither is dual core Android(LG Optimus I've seen many times) neither is Iphone although it's not as apparent as it's disguised in transitions and spinning cercle beside the signal indicator.

Anyway, why post a 2 year old video and talk about it as if it was current? OS7 might not be lag free but it's a lot faster then that OS6 Torch
    02-27-12 10:33 AM
    Neither is dual core Android(LG Optimus I've seen many times) neither is Iphone although it's not as apparent as it's disguised in transitions and spinning cercle beside the signal indicator.

Anyway, why post a 2 year old video and talk about it as if it was current? OS7 might not be lag free but it's a lot faster then that OS6 Torch

Android 4.0 on my Galaxy Nexus is lag free while moving through the UI. I think I have only seen lag a few times with a ton of apps open and downloading huge files at the same time.

My iPhone 4 is lag free moving through the UI. Some apps are a little laggy though.

The video isn't current and I agree with you, OS7 is much faster than OS6. However, it does go to show that WP7 and iOS has been smooth for a long time (WP7 since release). BB is pretty much just getting there. Took them long enough.
    02-27-12 01:44 PM
    Android 4.0 on my Galaxy Nexus is lag free while moving through the UI. I think I have only seen lag a few times with a ton of apps open and downloading huge files at the same time.

My iPhone 4 is lag free moving through the UI. Some apps are a little laggy though.

The video isn't current and I agree with you, OS7 is much faster than OS6. However, it does go to show that WP7 and iOS has been smooth for a long time (WP7 since release). BB is pretty much just getting there. Took them long enough.
    The Torch in the video probably badly needed a reboot and a browser cache clear(BB does store the historyfor off line browsing). It also had a non standard theme and who knows how many apps were running in the background.
    02-27-12 02:01 PM
    The Torch in the video probably badly needed a reboot and a browser cache clear(BB does store the historyfor off line browsing). It also had a non standard theme and who knows how many apps were running in the background.
    That's understandable. But I have used the Torch and iPhone 4 side by side. Even after a battery pull and running a stock theme there was no comparison. The processor was too slow and not enough memory. I was able to get the spinning clock just going through native apps. That's bad.

I haven't seen that happen on OS7 device though so that is very good. However, I was able to get the 9930 to bring up a spinning clock a few times when I played with it for about 30-45 minutes (yes I did a reboot).

Also, Android 4.0 is optimized for dual core, so all those dual core device on 2.3 that you probably tried were not really utilizing the hardware properly. It really does make a big difference.
    02-27-12 02:31 PM
    That guy must be on something. I'd be worried about a stroke if I used a phone the way he demonstrated. Pointless comparison.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    02-27-12 08:28 PM
    So Tru! He should have pulled battery then do test.
    02-28-12 10:29 PM
    Of course. That's an old Torch running OS 5 (?) . Duh. The OS7 devices are plenty fast. Let me see if I can go dig up a crappy Android G1 or whatever it was called, from like 2009 and put it through the torture test. Lol.

Yes, RIM's hardware was not competitive. Now it is for the most part. They messed up. They fixed it.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    Last edited by southlander; 02-28-12 at 10:56 PM.
    02-28-12 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD