I have the Blackberry Bold at present but am considering buying the Iphone. I used to have the 2G and really miss a lot about it. If I keep the Bold along with the Iphone and use the Iphone data plan, will I be able to swap out my Sim card and use the Bold as well? I do not use BES, just personal email.
    01-09-09 05:01 PM
    Data will work, but BB features such as push email and BBM wont work. Should get the iPhone and use the BIS plan, that what I do. Fully functioning Bold and iPhone.
    01-09-09 06:12 PM
    So right now your have a blackberry data plan right? After I unlocked my 2g iphone my sim with the blackberry data plan worked perfectly. I could just swap them out and everything would work. So I know you can go back and forth with a 2g, but I'm not sure about the 3g. I'll let you know in a few days because I have a new 3g in white on the way
    01-09-09 09:31 PM
    So right now your have a blackberry data plan right? After I unlocked my 2g iphone my sim with the blackberry data plan worked perfectly. I could just swap them out and everything would work. So I know you can go back and forth with a 2g, but I'm not sure about the 3g. I'll let you know in a few days because I have a new 3g in white on the way
    I am buying a 3G Iphone today, just miss it too much and it is so much easier to sync and update on a MAC. It is a pain for me to do downloads or upgrades on the Bold. I have to borrow my daughter's laptop. I was going to keep both phones but the more I think about it, that is just too extravagant. So I'll be listing the Bold sometime this weekend on the Marketplace.

But thanks for the info. I may try swapping the Sims just to see what happens before I wipe the Bold.
    01-10-09 08:27 AM
    Yea I know what you mean, but blackberry is becoming more mac friendly and I have windows on my mac so its not that big of a deal to sync. Anyway hope you enjoy your iphone.
    01-10-09 01:06 PM
    Yes, it's best to use the bb data plan with the iPhone as the only thing that will be lost is visual voicemail...
    01-10-09 03:55 PM
    Yes, it's best to use the bb data plan with the iPhone as the only thing that will be lost is visual voicemail...
    I never had issues with swapping my sim back and forth until today. What a pain. For all the details you can see a thread I started here: http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...her-phone.html
    01-17-09 05:27 PM
    just to put this out there:

on at&t's website, it states that you must use an iPhone data plan for the life of your iphone. If they discover you aren't using the correct data plan, they "reserve the right to add one to your account without notice."
    01-18-09 04:54 PM
    I never had issues with swapping my sim back and forth until today. What a pain. For all the details you can see a thread I started here: http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...her-phone.html
    ATT randomly scans IMEI numbers and sends the messages to any iPhone users who have a data plan other than the iPhone plan. I've been swapping for months now, ignoring the texts and emails and I have had no problems. I'll keep a close eye on my bill but its doubtful they would ever charge me unless I started using my iPhone 24/7. My Bold is my main workhorse but occasionally I need a web browsing fix and the Bold just can't cut it.
    01-23-09 06:54 PM
    ATT randomly scans IMEI numbers and sends the messages to any iPhone users who have a data plan other than the iPhone plan. I've been swapping for months now, ignoring the texts and emails and I have had no problems. I'll keep a close eye on my bill but its doubtful they would ever charge me unless I started using my iPhone 24/7. My Bold is my main workhorse but occasionally I need a web browsing fix and the Bold just can't cut it.
    Yeah, I used to do that as well but you end up losing MMS on the Blackberry and MediaNet.
    01-25-09 11:02 AM
    i think someone said in another thread that you would be able to keep the mms and medianet on the blackberry if the iphone was unlocked.. something about apn settings? i forget lol
    01-28-09 11:11 AM
    I know a few people that have never had problems doing this.
    02-06-09 09:03 PM
    Hmm.. I was just starting to think about getting an iPhone 3G and doing this swapping between it and the Bold.. I do have the BB data plan.
    02-08-09 09:49 PM
    Earlier I mentioned the loss of MMS and MediaNet after using the Bolds sim in my iPhone 3G... Did it again last night, when I put the sim back in the Bold no MediaNet and no MMS. Was going to call and have AT&T reprovision my line but it was back to normal. I think the system needs time to make adjustments. Or it could have been a one time deal, not sure.
    02-11-09 12:27 PM
    Earlier I mentioned the loss of MMS and MediaNet after using the Bolds sim in my iPhone 3G... Did it again last night, when I put the sim back in the Bold no MediaNet and no MMS. Was going to call and have AT&T reprovision my line but it was back to normal. I think the system needs time to make adjustments. Or it could have been a one time deal, not sure.
    Do you think I could get away with swapping sims without getting charged?
    02-11-09 12:30 PM
    From what I'm told - unlimited data is unlimited data. And both plans are the same amount of money. Should be fine. I have been.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 12:32 PM
    From what I'm told - unlimited data is unlimited data. And both plans are the same amount of money. Should be fine. I have been.

I saw that they had came after you and threatened to charge you for both plans, etc.. so I wasn't sure..
    02-11-09 02:05 PM
    you will get messages from time to time but nothing will come of it. As long a you are on a unlimited data plan. Whether its a pda plan or bb plan.

02-11-09 02:07 PM
    Ok - thanks BA
    02-11-09 02:23 PM
    Ok just a very quick question.

I just bought an iPhone 3G on the o2 network in the UK here today, at the moment I have a Storm on Vodafone which has had more issues than i've had hot dinners. I have BIS on the Vodafone SIM and am planning on getting the iPhone unlocked.

So what will and what wont work on the iPhone if I go ahead and get it unlocked?

Thanks in advance

Mark
    02-13-09 04:27 PM
    Ok just a very quick question.

I just bought an iPhone 3G on the o2 network in the UK here today, at the moment I have a Storm on Vodafone which has had more issues than i've had hot dinners. I have BIS on the Vodafone SIM and am planning on getting the iPhone unlocked.

So what will and what wont work on the iPhone if I go ahead and get it unlocked?

Thanks in advance

Mark
    If Vodafone supprts visual voice mail that would be the only thing you'd lose by using a BB plan.
    02-14-09 09:04 AM
    you will get messages from time to time but nothing will come of it. As long a you are on a unlimited data plan. Whether its a pda plan or bb plan.

Not true man, sooner or later they catch up. It just happened to me
    02-27-09 10:56 PM
    Looks like I'll be getting rid of my Bold and switching the data plan over to the iPhone..
    02-28-09 12:04 AM
    Not true man, sooner or later they catch up. It just happened to me
    I've been doing it for months. Although I switch devices often. If you don't switch at all... then I could see it happening. If not, it's impossible as the system detects what device you are using. So if you were to switch back and forth if will keep resetting. Avoiding any charges. So my guess is you never switched. And if you did, it's possible AT&T is cracking down. Either way it takes a simple phone call to switch plans and the plans are identical in price. Just call when you want to switch.
    03-01-09 12:59 PM
    I switch multiple times throughout the day. Its been like that for months. I kept ignoring the ATT warnings about not having the right data plans. The BB plan has beent he primary plan for months. I was told, that the IMEI sweeps are going to be more frequent and the people that arent using the right plans will get a few warnings and then popped. No biggie for me, I just switched to a family plan and gave the iphone it's own line. More money than it needs to be...yes. But its not a big deal.
    03-01-09 02:24 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD