Hey guys,
    I just picked up an iphone 3gs the other day for the Mrs. Previously she had been using an LG env2. She spends a lot of time on facebook, loves, movies, music and IM'ing. She is also a long time Mac user. So I figured that the iphone would be perfect for her.

Two minor issues though. 1. We have been long time (an competely satisfied) Verizon customers. So now we have two providers. 2. New iphone 4g possibly in June/July and maybe on Verizon. Should we have waited?

Truthfully, she is not a tech geek and is not one to need the latest and greatest. She is content with something that just works well. My only issue may be with having two providers. Currently, I'm using (most happily) a BB Storm 2 that never leaves my side.

So there it is guys, any advice? or are we ok?
    04-01-10 12:42 PM
    I highly doubt the iPhone will be on VZW this summer. More than likely ATT will get an updated iPhone this summer and IF the iPhone comes to VZW it would be at a much later date. Of course, it's all speculation at this point. Only Steve Jobs and God know for sure. Anyway, considering what your wife likes to do with her phone, it sounds like you made a good choice. It is a pain, though, having two different carriers for one household (been there, done that). You could unlock your storm and use it on ATT, try out a BB 9700, or have HER look at VZW phones and see if something appeals to her. How is she liking the iPhone? She may not want to give it up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 01:26 PM
    Hey guys,
    I just picked up an iphone 3gs the other day for the Mrs. Previously she had been using an LG env2. She spends a lot of time on facebook, loves, movies, music and IM'ing. She is also a long time Mac user. So I figured that the iphone would be perfect for her.

Two minor issues though. 1. We have been long time (an competely satisfied) Verizon customers. So now we have two providers. 2. New iphone 4g possibly in June/July and maybe on Verizon. Should we have waited?

Truthfully, she is not a tech geek and is not one to need the latest and greatest. She is content with something that just works well. My only issue may be with having two providers. Currently, I'm using (most happily) a BB Storm 2 that never leaves my side.

So there it is guys, any advice? or are we ok?
    I get the not wanting two carriers thing, but other then that I think that you made a sound choice based on what you said in your post. As long as your wife is happy with it then that is really all that matters.
    04-01-10 02:07 PM
    Personally, I would've waited. Although since your wife is happy with her iPhone, it doesn't really matter.

I understand why you don't like two providers, but you're just going to have to deal with it since the iPhone isn't on Verizon and probably won't be for a while.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-10 03:00 PM
    If she wasn't picky before the the iPhone, I'd take it back, and await...
    04-01-10 08:03 PM
    Hey thanks guys, yeah it's a little tough. I think that she grows a bit more attached to her new toy every day. I feel that she will be happy. We are just trying out AT&T to see if they are as bad as people make them out to be. Many have said the same about Verizon, yet I've never had a problem with them since I first signed up in 1997 (seriously, never. not even a returned phone).
    04-01-10 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD