If jailbroken can the iphone 3g run on a different provider I.e. Verizon? If so has anyone done it and have positive of negative feedback?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The iPhone is GSM. Verizon is CDMA. The only other US carrier you can run the iPhone on is Tmobile.
    09-05-09 06:22 PM
    Oh its not quad band?

09-09-09 07:29 AM
    Oh its not quad band?

It is quad-band GSM and tri-band HSDPA. That has nothing to do with CDMA frequencies.
    09-09-09 02:25 PM
    I guess I don't know the difference either. All I know is that AT&T and T-mobile are the only US carrier phones you can use abroad almost anywhere and others you can't. I also thought this had to do with quad-band stuff.

I actually am in China and was debating whether or not to jailbreak my iPhone 3G for China Mobile but I don't even think I could get a data plan on it here because of governmental restrictions on the iPhone. Plus, I have an unlocked Blackberry for China. The iPhone is more for apps and Skype and that's about it. Does anyone even know how an iPhone can pick up China frequencies without a jailbreak or unlock? I don't even think it's possible especially since I have never even seen my phone pick up a signal here.

not that I would do it, but jailbreaking my phone for other uses may be something I do in the future...but how!?!? Seems too confusing. I had enough trouble updating an OS for my Blackberry lol. And unlocking an iPhone comes AFTER you jailbreak it? I is cornfused. I thought they were the same thing.
    09-10-09 10:58 AM
    It can void your warranty if you leave it jailbroken when you bring it in to Apple. You'll have to restore it before doing so.

I did it and fell in love with the iPhone again. I recently put the following theme on my iPhone via jailbreak.

You can also use backgrounder to run apps in the background like a BlackBerry of your choosing. I also have categories which allows me to make folders and put apps into them. For example, I have a games folder with all the games I have. Although I don't play them, it's good to have.

There are apps like iProtect that allows you to lock certain apps. For example, I can password protect my messages and photos app and allow users to roam freely.

It's endless, the possibilities.
    I just finished setting this theme up on my old 3G.. man it's slick! lol.. I seriously SERIOUSLY hope AT&T gets the HTC Hero..
    09-10-09 12:41 PM
    i need to know how to jailbreak my blackberry curve 8520 can you please help me?
    07-27-10 05:44 PM
    i need to know how to jailbreak my blackberry curve 8520 can you please help me?
    Get an unlock code, its not jailbreaking for a BB. All you need to do is call your phone company or there are people on the site that can get you unlock codes for cheap. Cellunlock is one of them.
    07-27-10 05:53 PM
    OP

Jailbreaking may void your warranty but its also easily reversed, just install the stock Apple OS from itunes and no one will ever be able to tell if you need warranty service.

the perks are lots of extensions to function that the phone can do, a real lockscreen with valuable info, SBSettings, etc etc.

Trust me, once you jailbreak and get it all set up the way you want it its hard going back to stock. Im anxiously awaiting an iphone 4 jailbreak. After using a 3GS jailbroken for a year its weird going back to stock and not having all those great add-ons.
    07-27-10 06:48 PM
    OP

Jailbreaking may void your warranty but its also easily reversed, just install the stock Apple OS from itunes and no one will ever be able to tell if you need warranty service.

the perks are lots of extensions to function that the phone can do, a real lockscreen with valuable info, SBSettings, etc etc.

Trust me, once you jailbreak and get it all set up the way you want it its hard going back to stock. Im anxiously awaiting an iphone 4 jailbreak. After using a 3GS jailbroken for a year its weird going back to stock and not having all those great add-ons.
    Just curious if you read the first couple pages? He got his answer already
    07-27-10 07:10 PM
    nah just skipped to the chase, last few posts seemed off topic so didnt read back more.
    07-27-10 07:52 PM
    Fair enough. Last couple posts would have been off topic because of a new forum member not knowing proper terminology.
    07-27-10 08:35 PM
    Not sure why a curve unlock question is in the apple section? lol
    07-27-10 08:44 PM
    dev's and advanced end users want the control.....hence....jailbreaking
    03-17-12 08:10 PM
    Unlock iPhone 4S with iAperio

March 25, 2012 � We are proud to announce the launch of new release of iPhone 4S unlock SIM; an intelligent iPhone 4S locking system that is easy to use and makes unlocking iPhone 4S a treat.

iAperio is a team of experts who have been working with iPhone for years, and have helped thousands of people with their problems. We specialize in unlocking iPhone so that its users can use it with their preferred cellular networks.

In most countries iPhone is available with a subscription, and users are stuck with their cellular operators, and they are restricted to rates their cellular operators offer. But iAperio experts can help you unlock your iPhone and allow you to switch to your favorite cellular operator.

We are proud to announce the launch of newest release of iPhone 4S unlock SIM. The iPhone 4S has a high demand in market and with the launch of new version of iAperio, you can now switch to other cellular operators in your country. We are happy to announce that you can now use your iPhone 4S with your preferred GSM networks through our unlocking service.

The best thing about our unlocking service is that it requires no jail breaking and we provides hassle free unlocking service. Our unique unlocking techniques combined with advance chipset are guaranteed to help you switch to your preferred network just like it has helped thousands of other customers.

We have affordable iPhone 4S unlocking service and we guarantee you that you will be happy with our service and expertise.
    03-29-12 10:30 AM
    The main reason I JB is so I can FaceTime over 3G
    03-29-12 12:10 PM
    Better question.

Why not jailbreak??
    03-29-12 12:47 PM
    Better question.

Why not jailbreak??
    My reason is 5.1 isn't supported yet.
    03-30-12 10:47 AM
    My reason is 5.1 isn't supported yet.
    Same here
    03-30-12 12:19 PM
    I don't like to root phones. It will expose you to potential hackers. And if it isn't broken don't fix it. That is a motto I live my life by when dealing with electronics
    04-02-12 12:03 PM
    Do not jailbreak your Iphone. I think only company unlocks are best. After all every iphone have unique id sos it is batter to get application from itunes.
    04-05-12 06:52 AM
    for me the only reason is Zephyr
    04-22-12 11:45 AM
    It can void your warranty if you leave it jailbroken when you bring it in to Apple. You'll have to restore it before doing so.

I did it and fell in love with the iPhone again. I recently put the following theme on my iPhone via jailbreak.

Click to view quoted image

You can also use backgrounder to run apps in the background like a BlackBerry of your choosing. I also have categories which allows me to make folders and put apps into them. For example, I have a games folder with all the games I have. Although I don't play them, it's good to have.

There are apps like iProtect that allows you to lock certain apps. For example, I can password protect my messages and photos app and allow users to roam freely.

It's endless, the possibilities.
    ??? what??!!! Duvi used to jailbreak?? haha!

Fullscreen for Safari, Messages+, iFile and Pandora Downloader are my main reasons for jailbreaking
    04-22-12 12:34 PM
    To me, the disadvantages outweigh the benefits. Lots of people's info is stolen from jail broken iphones.
    05-02-12 03:11 PM
    To me, the disadvantages outweigh the benefits. Lots of people's info is stolen from jail broken iphones.
    oh really? how? mind posting some factual information about it. i have been jailbreaking for around 3-4 years now and not had ONE issue with security

seems to me people who are unfamiliar with jailbreaking all together are the same ones who read about ONE incident out of a 859,000 (just throwing out a number of course) and assume it happens to all. not very good research if you ask me
    05-02-12 03:38 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD