View Poll Results: Why Are You Here?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an admitted Crackberrry addict...Don't tell my Apple friends.

20 51.28%
  • There's no Good iPhone forum

10 25.64%
  • I'm just plain bored

12 30.77%
  • I need to complain about something

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    And why? - Can't stay away can you?

Is it the allure of a being able to actually hear who's talking on the other line, or is it the raw efficiency of being able to text/email/chat?

Or are you "hear" (pun intended) so you can complain about how bad our phones are and to let us know how many fart apps your iPhone has on it?

It seems many of you have dual phones - both a BB and an iPhone....But I don't get it, why?...Seriously, why?

Is there even an iPhone forum? If so, I think we need to get over that right away.
    08-12-11 07:46 AM
    Because I have an iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, WebOS and Windows Phone 7 device. So I go to all the SPE sites

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mr Bigs likes this.
    08-12-11 07:48 AM
    Because I have an iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, WebOS and Windows Phone 7 device. So I go to all the SPE sites

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-12-11 07:50 AM
    I got to have and use them all.

BB 9900
    BB 9860
    iPhone 4
    Samsung Galaxy S2 (currently using as the 9900 is getting long toothed)
    mechanic_joe likes this.
    08-12-11 07:54 AM
    I have paid for a 9900 which should arrive next week. I own a Bold 9780. I own a Curve 8520. I have owned a Torch, a Storm, a Storm 2 and a 9700. Also a 8830. I own a iPhone 4 which sold this morning on eBay.

What's your point?

Why isn't this TROLLING? Why are Mods participating? You know how this will end. Poorly.
    08-12-11 07:58 AM
    Not trolling my friend...Honest question, with some humor incorporated, that's all...really.

I see already that many of you guys have many, many phones, so it's becoming more clear to me...Some just like or need to have lots of gadgets...I didn't know truthfully speaking.
    08-12-11 08:06 AM
    You don't have another username do you? Blackjack something or other?
    howarmat likes this.
    08-12-11 08:11 AM
    BTW there IS a great iphone forum called The iPhone Blog, or Tipb TiPb: The #1 iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch blog. They happen to be one of CrackBerry.com's sister sites in the Smart Phone Expert's Network, or part of what is now being called the Mobile Nation! You can see all the sites listed at the bottom of the forum, and we cover ALL of the smart phone platforms!
    08-12-11 08:13 AM
    I'm here because I've been waiting for RIM to make a device that would bring me back to the BlackBerry smartphone. The Torch originally caught my attention but, I ultimately passed on it for the IPhone 4. And I very much regret wasting my money on the device. I have a laundry list of reasons why I dislike the iphone and am waiting for the 9930 to be released in my area so I can return to a phone OS that I liked and don't have to jailbreak to make it useable.
    Bold9930 likes this.
    08-12-11 08:15 AM
    You don't have another username do you? Blackjack something or other?
    No mate...I'm a newbie to the world of cell phone forums, I promise...and I likely won't be around long as I came here trying to discover when Verizon is going to get the 9930. And I still don't know!

Having some fun along the way I suppose...

I have the BB tour now and it works GREAT...No kidding, but I've been longing for the new 9930 when I saw some notes on it and my contract is up so I can upgrade without a fee now.
    08-12-11 08:21 AM
    BTW there IS a great iphone forum called The iPhone Blog, or Tipb TiPb: The #1 iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch blog. They happen to be one of CrackBerry.com's sister sites in the Smart Phone Expert's Network, or part of what is now being called the Mobile Nation! You can see all the sites listed at the bottom of the forum, and we cover ALL of the smart phone platforms!
    I seem to be in the wrong line of business...Nice guys.
    08-12-11 08:24 AM
    I have paid for a 9900 which should arrive next week. I own a Bold 9780. I own a Curve 8520. I have owned a Torch, a Storm, a Storm 2 and a 9700. Also a 8830. I own a iPhone 4 which sold this morning on eBay.

What's your point?

Why isn't this TROLLING? Why are Mods participating? You know how this will end. Poorly.
    No worries Kevin, we will handle it! So far the thread seems to be doing just fine, BUT if it requires moderation, that's what we are here for. And Duvi, replied because he fits the description, an iphone AND BB user!

Truth be told so far the most antagonistic (is that the word I want???) post is YOURS!!!! But I'm gonna let it slide.
    08-12-11 08:24 AM
    I had a bold 9000 and wanted to upgrade last year. The torch and the iphone 4 were coming out at about the same time, and for me the torch was too "sluggish" for me... The menus seemed choppy due to a slow processor.

After using the iPhone for a year I am so happy to be back on blackberry with the 9900... The iphone had some great apps that I actually did use, that were either not on or not as good as the versions on the bb app world. But I couldn't get over trying to type emails and sometimes text messages on the touch screen so that is one of the biggest reasons why I'm back on blackberry. At least the bb app world has most of the essential apps I want on my phone like LinkedIn, Facebook, Weather etc.. (Linkedin actually doesn't run on bb os 7 yet as I've found out over the last few days - Hopefully soon)

So in the end the 9900 is the first blackberry since the 9000 that really impressed me.. Still will use the iPhone 4 for things like mobile hotspot though... Would be nice to see that on here in a future update.. It was really useful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 08:26 AM
    I had a bold 9000 and wanted to upgrade last year. The torch and the iphone 4 were coming out at about the same time, and for me the torch was too "sluggish" for me... The menus seemed choppy due to a slow processor.

After using the iPhone for a year I am so happy to be back on blackberry with the 9900... The iphone had some great apps that I actually did use, that were either not on or not as good as the versions on the bb app world. But I couldn't get over trying to type emails and sometimes text messages on the touch screen so that is one of the biggest reasons why I'm back on blackberry. At least the bb app world has most of the essential apps I want on my phone like LinkedIn, Facebook, Weather etc.. (Linkedin actually doesn't run on bb os 7 yet as I've found out over the last few days - Hopefully soon)

So in the end the 9900 is the first blackberry since the 9000 that really impressed me.. Still will use the iPhone 4 for things like mobile hotspot though... Would be nice to see that on here in a future update.. It was really useful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Encouraging to hear - for me anyways on the 9900.

I've actually tried defecting a few years back with the iPhone. I just can't use a virtual keyboard worth a damm so my wife is a user. Nice for the web and all, but for what I need my phone for, it's the best I've found to date...I've even tried the Droid with the keyboard - boy they sure tried hard to copy the BB keyboard....But it didn't feel right in my hands and frankly was lethargic...So here I am.

I wonder if we'll see anything new in the future as successful as the iPhone by a company making their 1st phone? My wife wouldn't even use a phone prior to that thing coming out.

But for me, I'm a crackberry addict.
    08-12-11 08:32 AM
    I have owned iPhone 1st gen, 3G, 3Gs, 4 and I am pretty sure that I will buy iPhone 5 or 4s or whatever.

I have also owned a BB curve, pearl, Storm, Storm 2, Torch, 9000, 9700, 9780 and am thinking about getting a 9900.

There are things that I love about iPhone and as I don't currently own a Blackberry there are things I miss about Blackberry. My point is there is no
    100% perfect handset just as there is not 100% perfect car, boyfriend, girlfriend etc.

I do have to say that I prefer the Blackberry community, they seam a bit more grown up than many iPhone users.
    RetroAndreas likes this.
    08-12-11 08:42 AM
    I moved the thread to our iphone section, where the iphone users hang out, plus I edited the title slightly, to make it a little more interesting. (I hope) I also adjusted option 2, to There are no GOOD iphone forums. (which I of course disagree with, as I am a tipb fan, even though I DON'T own an iphone!!!)
    08-12-11 08:45 AM
    I really only know and participate in forums at crackberry.com. Currently using an iP4, after using BB for 5 years. I haven't switched to any other forum because I want to stay on top of what RIM is doing, and I am hopeful they will put out a device that I can return to. The latest round of devices appears to be a big step in the right direction to make that happen.

I am equally as productive with my iP4 as I was my 9000, and I am heavily dependent on messaging just as I always have been. Haven't noticed any loss there. At times, I do miss the keyboard from my 9000, which is why the 9900 is interesting to me. Never was a fan of the smaller 9700.

In the meantime, I haven't bashed RIM on these forums out of respect for what Kevin provides here and the many BB users that still frequent these forums. Added, I do not think there is any right answer as to which is best.....all of them, including Android and WP7, do a wonderful job of providing their users an excellent communications device. It's just dependent on which interface you prefer.

There, I've bored you enough. But there is one option you have left off of your poll...

5. Because we enjoy the community provided here.
    LazyStarGazer and john_v like this.
    08-12-11 09:48 AM
    I moved the thread to our iphone section, where the iphone users hang out, plus I edited the title slightly, to make it a little more interesting. (I hope) I also adjusted option 2, to There are no GOOD iphone forums. (which I of course disagree with, as I am a tipb fan, even though I DON'T own an iphone!!!)
    I, and other former "addicts" like it here

Sent from my Incredible
    08-12-11 12:57 PM
    Because I prefer and like Apple product better than BlackBerry, but I do like BlackBerry as well.

Should have worded everything a little bit better, it comes off pretty passive-aggressive.
    08-12-11 03:14 PM
    1. Because, I can.

2. Because I have some small hope that one day BB will bring me back to what I loved about them.

3. As far as Crackberry.com, Kevin is a trip and I enjoy his articles and enthusiasm.

4. Well, because, I CAN.

And most importantly...

5. Because of YOU, OP. Isn't it completely obvious that we're here to ruin CB by talking about our own device? ...
    (and if you believe that, then start at #1 again.)
    Last edited by girlontherun; 08-12-11 at 08:52 PM.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    08-12-11 08:48 PM
    I've been here for 3 years and I am part of the community. That's why.

The choices are narrow minded.
    08-12-11 09:02 PM
    Having owned 5 BB's, a Droid X, and now an IPhone 4 I frequent CB as well as AC & TiPB. I like keeping up with the progress of the smartphone platforms and I learn alot from the sites.
    08-12-11 09:14 PM
    I've had every GSM BlackBerry since the 8700c...and I've had every iPhone since the first gen model. I've been back and forth between BB & iPhone uncountable times...but have finally decided, after my latest venture back to the 9700 that the iPhone is superior is many ways...and the iP4 is just as good a mobile phone as the BlackBerry ever was.

But, I still have a warm place in my heart for BlackBerry...and the 9900 does interest me. So, I'll definately check the 9900 out before I buy the iPhone 5...to see if it's good enough to make me forsake my iPhone forever.

Besides...I've been a part of the CB community for years, so it just feels natural to be here.
    08-12-11 09:23 PM
    Because, by definition, it is an Apple iPhone/iPad sub-forum.
    FigureThisOut likes this.
    08-12-11 09:51 PM
    None of the four voting choices apply to me. I'm here because I joined when I had a BB, and I still come here because I made a lot of good friends here, and I come to discuss the phone I currently have. In the last year I've had-iphone4 (2), Blackberry Torch, and an HTC Inspire. I'll go back to RIM when and if they get it together. Just as the op (over) stated about the numerous fart apps, I feel the same way about the endless battery pulls and lack of a decent browser of RIM products. And yes, no one does email like RIM, and I don't send email from my hand held device.
    08-13-11 09:14 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD