There's people that I know,that have had bb's for a while,and all of sudden they go out with no hesitation and buy an iphone why?? really what's so good about an iphone pls elaborate?
    12-03-12 08:51 PM
    There's people that I know,that have had bb's for a while,and all of sudden they go out with no hesitation and buy an iphone why?? really what's so good about an iphone pls elaborate?
    Not comparing to BB, but it works. The customer support is top. Aesthetics are freaking beautiful. Apple doesn't let carriers brand the device. Only time you know what carrier someone has their device on is when looking at the top left corner of the screen where it shows the amount of bars you have.

I've owned every iPhone, from original until now and I've never been disappointed. Neither have I with BlackBerry or Nokia with WP.

On the other hand, Android, the GS3 was my first semi-awesome experience with Android, having the least amount of issues. Then I got tired of installing new OS/roms and having to set my home screen and all that good stuff up.

While typing this... thought about a great reason why I hear a lot of people switching, one that most don't think of or would think of. The backup/restore process. It syncs automatically and bring all settings and apps back without any extra hacks/apps like Android.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-03-12 11:46 PM
    As far as the iphone is concerned the best way I've heard it put to me is "It's an entertainment device and all my friends have one so it's super easy to connect with them." That aside I personally think the iPhone is a simple device to learn and use. My wife is so far from a tech person it would scare you. She could never figure out her BB Bold, never bought an app, never tried BBM and lord forbid send a text message. You should have seen her try to make a call the first time I came home with my old Torch. A month ago my middle son gave her Bold a bath....literally! When I asked her what she wanted for a new phone she piped up that her sister has been hounding her to get an iPhone. So I come home with a new 4S for her as it was a cheap upgrade. Well 4 weeks later and she has the phone damn near plugged with apps, music and movies. Sends me text's more than she talks to me and spends countless hours using facetime with her friend a few provinces over. Her life is in her phone and her comment to me was.....why didn't you get me one of these ages ago! Sorry for the story but what I take away from seeing my wife take to the iPhone is that they are a simple device to learn, manage and master. Trust me if my wife, mother and little sister....all technologically challenged can master an iphone there is something to be said for Apple and what they produce. My wife had a BB for years and was always frustrated with the device. I can honestly say she has never asked me how to do anything with her iPhone and she uses it to it's full capability. They are at their roots a simple device to operate and you can literally get an app for anything you want it to do! In my opinion that's why Apple is winning the war.

Now Android is damn near in that same ball park but you have to have a bit more tech smarts imo. I've actually considered a Samsung Galaxy Note more than once and if the damn things had a slider keyboard I'd be rocking Droid right now over BB but only for the handwriting capabilities with the Note, but that's another thread and another story all together!
    12-04-12 12:35 AM
    There are lots of good things about the iPhone. Probably one of the biggest things I hear from friends is they are not tech-saavy and yet find it very simple to understand and use.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    anon(4166778) likes this.
    12-04-12 01:19 AM
    iOS has a lot of apps, even business apps, that are not available for other platforms.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    12-04-12 01:32 AM
    The iPhone just works out of the box. All you need is a few apps to really see the potential of the iPhone. The learning curve is minimal do to the UI being a grid of icons and the settings not having tedious menus. The iPhone has the most polished apps out of them all if that is important to you. Syncing with the iPhone is very easy due to iTunes.
    12-04-12 10:33 AM
    I just recently sold my torch and went and bought a 4s and a 5. I use my devices for business. That's why I originally had bb but one day I sat down and was like I'm spending more time fixing my bb rather than using it. Finally got fed up. When it got to the point where doing a battery pull is one of the best features. Ridiculous and unacceptable. So yea I got fed up bought a 4s just so I could get the torch on eBay and out of my life. Then 2 weeks later when the 5 dropped bought that too I'm getting more done now than ever don't have to worry about something being wrong with my device. It just works. Over stated but true. I was a long time bb user. Praised it but one I looked at pros and cons I would be an to stay with bb and continue to wait for something that's never going to be. In this case grass is much greener on the other side. So much greener I carry 2 iPhones bought my wife one because I couldn't bare the pain of watching her use her bb any more and all the issues. Just too painful and bought my mom one as well. Never looked back my iPhones erased all memories and love for bb. Good luck to u all who remain on bb. No hard feelings.

Oh and the apps geez. Something that's non existent on bb.

Sent from my Verizon Black & Slate iPhone 5 64GB using Tapatalk
    12-04-12 10:50 AM
    I just recently sold my torch and went and bought a 4s and a 5. I use my devices for business. That's why I originally had bb but one day I sat down and was like I'm spending more time fixing my bb rather than using it. Finally got fed up. When it got to the point where doing a battery pull is one of the best features. Ridiculous and unacceptable. So yea I got fed up bought a 4s just so I could get the torch on eBay and out of my life. Then 2 weeks later when the 5 dropped bought that too I'm getting more done now than ever don't have to worry about something being wrong with my device. It just works. Over stated but true. I was a long time bb user. Praised it but one I looked at pros and cons I would be an to stay with bb and continue to wait for something that's never going to be. In this case grass is much greener on the other side. So much greener I carry 2 iPhones bought my wife one because I couldn't bare the pain of watching her use her bb any more and all the issues. Just too painful and bought my mom one as well. Never looked back my iPhones erased all memories and love for bb. Good luck to u all who remain on bb. No hard feelings.

Oh and the apps geez. Something that's non existent on bb.

Why do you carry two?
    12-04-12 10:55 AM
    One for business (4s) one for personal (5)

12-04-12 10:56 AM
    One for business (4s) one for personal (5)

That makes sense.
    12-04-12 11:30 AM
    Yup wanted to separate business from personal when I was with bb it was all in one. I could never turn the volume off on my phone. I might would miss something but now. When I want to shut down business and just chill I can put that phone on silent or vibrate and let It be and then have my personal device just to hang out without having business come thru on this line. Just makes things a lot easier and a lot more organized for me at least. Only a hand full of people if that have my personal line information so it also allows for me to hide from the world when I don't want to be contacted.

12-04-12 11:34 AM
    I've been a loyal BB user since 2006, my first device was a Pearl 8130. I always loved the keyboards, best physical kb on any phones. I use my phone a lot for business and always thought that I would never use anything but a BB. I would tell coworkers and family members that I had to have a keyboard. Well last week I decided to give the iPhone 4s a shot. It took me a couple days to get used to typing, but now it's no problem and I don't really miss my 9930. It's been very easy to adapt to and I don't miss the spinning clock and battery pulls. Don't get me wrong all devices have their positives and negatives, and I'm keeping my 9930 because I know I'm not finished with it either. They are both excellent devices, jmo.
    12-04-12 01:09 PM
    It's easy to setup, use and fix/restore if it goes tits up. Compare desktop manager to iTunes and you'll see why (desktop manager doesn't even back up 3rd party apps!!!).

iOS/iTunes is a one stop shop. Also, you have the backing of Apple and their support and exchange policies. Basically no questions asked replacement. I won't even touch on apps as those speak for themselves.

Ease of use, convenience and support are my primary concerns and I think that's what attracts people to the platform.
    12-05-12 07:30 AM
    Coming from 5 years of blackberry use on my end. There's many reason why I was annoyed with the the blackberry..not going to get into that. When Sprint announced last year they would carry the iPhone 4 and 4S I immediately pre-ordered it and had it on launch day last year. My last bb device was a 9930 and to me that was the best phone I had ever used. Upon using the 4S I was totally sold on it. I never looked back to the blackberry brand again. This year I also got the 5 on launch day. About 2 weeks I sold it and got me a Samsung galaxy S3...within 4 day I was regretting this change and wanted to go back to a 4s or 5. I went ahead and sold the SG3 and bought me a new 5 again. I gave you my mini story because come to think about it i've used 3 different OS's in the last 3 years. Blackberry OS/iOS/Android. Conclusion iOS simplifies your life. Not everyone wants to tweak and customize everything. I enjoy the fast my phone works straight out of the box. This is why the iphone and iOS is so popular. I now enjoy simplicity, no need to reboot my phone everyday, great display, great touchscreen, great keyboard, and etc. I'm not a fanboy and i'm interested in trying those new BB10 touchscreen phones that will come out in 2013. Knowing myself I will go ahead and try one...this time I wont sale my iphone 5 just in case I don't like the bb10 experience and prefer to go back to iOS. Im a believer that will iOS 7 apple will change many things around. Right now the hottest and best phones to buy are a iphone 5 and SG3. From my personal experience I prefer 3 devices today for my everyday use 1. iphone 5 2. iphone4S 3. blackberry bold 9930. Right now in Miami sprint LTE is beginning to be deployed. LTE+iphone 5= awesome setup for me.
    H_D likes this.
    12-05-12 11:06 AM
    I agree with you. I love my 9930 and the 4s is a real solid device as well. I'm looking forward to the BB10 devices too. But right now I'm enjoying my new 4s.
    12-05-12 04:23 PM
    Apps.
    12-06-12 10:23 AM
    Apps.
    +1

12-06-12 10:31 AM
    +1
    And before anyone starts throwing around the words "fart apps," or Angry Birds not just games either. I actually use some of my apps for work.
    12-06-12 12:19 PM
    I have had 2 iphone 4. one was a replacement given to me from apple. Both iphones had appauling battery life needing charging 2 or more times a day. That experiance was enough to put me off iphones for good. I now have a bold 9900 and loving it.
    12-06-12 12:45 PM
    Overall its the apps. Apple has the market on apps, and i am not taking fart or game apps. They have a great catalog of apps for everything u can think of. BB really pails in compression. It's also very easy to use. My wife loves her 4s, she has a lot of educational apps for the kids and numerous other productive apps that the bb has not. Apps I cant get for my Nexus even though it's the second largest ecosystem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    12-06-12 01:52 PM
    Apps I cant get for my Nexus even though it's the second largest ecosystem.

There are plenty of other benefits to Android (especially a Nexus) if you know what you are doing. It might not have all the apps (close to it), but it does have features iOS is missing.
    12-06-12 05:09 PM
    There are plenty of other benefits to Android (especially a Nexus) if you know what you are doing. It might not have all the apps (close to it), but it does have features iOS is missing.
    I agree, i was just referring to the apps in particular. When it come to the os, Android trumps ios hands down any day iof the week. Ios really becoming old and unappealing.

avt123 likes this.
    12-06-12 05:22 PM
    Bottom line. Apple products just work!
    12-06-12 05:51 PM
    I have had 2 iphone 4. one was a replacement given to me from apple. Both iphones had appauling battery life needing charging 2 or more times a day. That experiance was enough to put me off iphones for good. I now have a bold 9900 and loving it.
    That gap has been closed. My iPhone 4S took me through a full day. I am amazed at my iPhone 5 battery life. I get two days and on 4G. I am thrilled with the phone and have had BB, Android and iPhone in the last 2 years.
    12-06-12 06:07 PM
    You do know the new BB10 does both business and personal with one phone.
    12-23-12 09:38 AM
32 12