It's very well marketed. I can't agree with comments above that say that it just works, in a way ye it does work, but iphone is very counterintuitive and as a results it take almost twice the time to actually perform any basic action on it when compared to android or even more so bb. It is a pretty phone if that's what you are after. But in terms of day-to-day use I found it extremely inefficient and very badly thought through.
    The most annoying thing on iphone is just how poorly third party services are integrated.
    Syrous44 likes this.
    12-24-12 04:58 AM
    It's very well marketed. I can't agree with comments above that say that it just works, in a way ye it does work, but iphone is very counterintuitive and as a results it take almost twice the time to actually perform any basic action on it when compared to android or even more so bb. It is a pretty phone if that's what you are after. But in terms of day-to-day use I found it extremely inefficient and very badly thought through.
    The most annoying thing on iphone is just how poorly third party services are integrated.
    You are literally the first person I have had call it counterintuitive. Most, including my friends and family find it very intuitive, as well as the iPad and iOS in general.

I find Android takes work to get even setup, and would never call it intuitive. I loved Android and I changed ROM's a lot. I love the hacking part and it is powerful.

BB is easy for most stuff. BB10 gestures look awesome but will take time to learn.
    Roo Zilla and mikeo007 like this.
    12-25-12 05:01 PM
    *sigh*

It's funny and also a bit sad how my opinions on smartphones have evolved and matured over the years until I now have reached the point where I've gone from a stolid ingrained dislike and contempt of iPhones and iOS to now thinking it's the best current smartphone of choice. What brought me to where I am is the long process of shopping for my next phone over the last 6 months (yes you read that correctly, I do spend 3-6 months of research shopping for gadgets).

Apps - Android and Apple not only have them, but are guaranteed to continue having high developer support over the course of my next contract. Apps aren't what's steering me away from Android though.

Availability - Every carrier has the latest iPhone. Currently one of my biggest beefs this week was checking out the selection of Androids and WP on various carriers. You can't just say "Oh that's the Android I want". Why? Because even the big carriers refuse to carry the flagship Android for each OEM. They all have a ***** for Samsungs (which I detest) but try getting a RAZR, One-X, Droid DNA, and Optimus G all on the same carrier in Canada. Forget it. Drives me bananas Telling me to buy unlocked or to play stupid games buying+selling on kijiji is a crappy solution.

Software upgrades: iPhones and BB both have this hammered down the way I like it. No *&%$#@% carrier interference/delays, no 3rd party OEM interference/delays.

Build quality: I have to say, of all the phones and tablets I've researched, I see less complaints about manufacturer defects on Apple's devices than any of their competition to date, and it's been consistent that way for years.

OS: Yeah it's boring. iOS currently had less new and innovative features than any other OS on the market (although that could be a bonus, considering how many features are responsible for screw-ups on other devices). It doesn't have Active Frames, or Live Tiles, or Google Now etc etc etc. But I have to respect one thing. It's extremely fast and responsive, and the only other toy I own that crashes this seldom is the QNX on my old PB which I can leave running for weeks without needing to reboot. And nobody will argue that the apps on iOS are designed more solidly than their android counterparts on average.

Service. It doesn't get much easier than walking into an Apple Store at the mall if you have a borked phone and walking out with a working phone the same day.

Accessories: 'nuff said.
    tack and torndownunit like this.
    12-30-12 03:40 PM
    This will probably sound weird, but I don't like plastic phones. Except for company issued Blackberries and the iPhone 3G and 3GS, I haven't had a plastic phone since I first saw the Nokia 8850 while working in Hong Kong. I replaced that with Motorola V70, then a Nokia 8910i, and then a Nokia 8800. Even more than plastic phones, I can't stand plastic screens, no matter what you do, they all get scratched up, and I hate screen protectors. Because the iPhone 3G and 3GS had glass screens, I was willing to put up with the plastic backs. When I saw the iPhone 4 glass sandwich design, I loved it. I also love the iPhone 5 design. The main reason I can't see myself moving to another phone company is my distaste for plastic phones. I had a Samsung Note for a month in Korea, and it was very nice, but I really didn't like the fact it was mostly plastic.
    12-31-12 02:19 PM
    *sigh*

It's funny and also a bit sad how my opinions on smartphones have evolved and matured over the years until I now have reached the point where I've gone from a stolid ingrained dislike and contempt of iPhones and iOS to now thinking it's the best current smartphone of choice. What brought me to where I am is the long process of shopping for my next phone over the last 6 months (yes you read that correctly, I do spend 3-6 months of research shopping for gadgets).

Apps - Android and Apple not only have them, but are guaranteed to continue having high developer support over the course of my next contract. Apps aren't what's steering me away from Android though.

Availability - Every carrier has the latest iPhone. Currently one of my biggest beefs this week was checking out the selection of Androids and WP on various carriers. You can't just say "Oh that's the Android I want". Why? Because even the big carriers refuse to carry the flagship Android for each OEM. They all have a ***** for Samsungs (which I detest) but try getting a RAZR, One-X, Droid DNA, and Optimus G all on the same carrier in Canada. Forget it. Drives me bananas Telling me to buy unlocked or to play stupid games buying+selling on kijiji is a crappy solution.

Software upgrades: iPhones and BB both have this hammered down the way I like it. No *&%$#@% carrier interference/delays, no 3rd party OEM interference/delays.

Build quality: I have to say, of all the phones and tablets I've researched, I see less complaints about manufacturer defects on Apple's devices than any of their competition to date, and it's been consistent that way for years.

OS: Yeah it's boring. iOS currently had less new and innovative features than any other OS on the market (although that could be a bonus, considering how many features are responsible for screw-ups on other devices). It doesn't have Active Frames, or Live Tiles, or Google Now etc etc etc. But I have to respect one thing. It's extremely fast and responsive, and the only other toy I own that crashes this seldom is the QNX on my old PB which I can leave running for weeks without needing to reboot. And nobody will argue that the apps on iOS are designed more solidly than their android counterparts on average.

Service. It doesn't get much easier than walking into an Apple Store at the mall if you have a borked phone and walking out with a working phone the same day.

Accessories: 'nuff said.
    I agree with you. It cracks me up that iPhone haters have now taken to saying iOS is old and that Linux, QNX, etc are new. iOS is newer than both in terms of base code. It is also newer than Androids base. When the OS was first written a means little as it is updated. BB10 will be fresh and new, and that is great. iOS just works well and is easy to learn and navigate. BB people used to appreciate efficiency and reliability, but it seems that was only if It was a BB.
    01-01-13 08:51 AM
    I can only answer why I use one. And it's basically just to echo what others have said about it 'just working'. I am using an iPhone 4, and have had it for almost 3 years at this point. I haven't had to restart my phone in over 6 months (it's actually likely longer, I am just making a guess), even with OS updates. It never freezes, stalls, or slows down. I use it working at an outdoor job, and it's taken a fair amount of abuse and still runs like the day I bought it. There are several fantastic apps I use for work and personal use. People can make fun of the amount of apps available, but I personally like being able to CHOOSE from 4-5 great apps for each task. My email works great on it. All of these things are more important to me than the OS missing some 'cutting edge' features.

My contract is up in about 4 months. When that time comes I will be open to other products just like I was when I got the iPhone. But I can't make a single complaint about the iPhone, it's performed fantastic the whole time I have had it.

Opinions are opinions, but one thing I can't agree with is the poster above saying iOS is counterintuitive. Someone who has never even picked up an iPhone or iPad can figure out how to use the OS quickly.
    Last edited by torndownunit; 01-01-13 at 10:11 AM.
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    01-01-13 09:02 AM
    i had a bad experiance with iphones which put me off ever having a new one.

1. i found the battery life to be terrible i have had to charge my iphone 3 times a day.
    This is the same with the replacement one apple sent me.
    Also everyone i know has poor battery life.

2. my iphone 4 gained so much lag over the time i used it that makes it barely usable now. the lag remains even after a clean restore of the os.

It is now just a toy for my 4Yr old daughter cos i have my 9900 and much happier with it.

i do not write this to start a debate just stating the issues i had with my iphone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-07-13 05:53 AM
32 12