Okay, I have to start out by saying that I never thought that I would be writing a post like this. You see for the last couple of years I have been a very loyal and happy berry user and abuser, so much in fact that I never even considered the iphone. That really all began to change about 3 months ago as my upgrade date started to get closer. I went to an att store and messed around with the 9000 and asked about any new berrys that might be coming out. They guy at the store told me to wait and check out another version of the Bold that would be coming soon, turned out to be the 9700. During that time I began to think about what I wanted out of my new smart phone. As I checked my list a couple of things really stuck with me. 1. RIM still has not done anything about their lack of a true mobile browser and 2 there is still not a one stop shopping place to find all of the apps that I want.

To make a long story short the other day my girl and I went to the att store to get a new sim card for her berry, while we were there the rep told us about the big half off sale they were having on bb's while after messing with both Bold's and the 3gs well both decided to go the way of the iphone and I can say that I am very glad I did. I still love my berry and I am sure that I will use it from time to time, but for me at least RIM has much work to do before I would buy another berry.
    12-21-09 10:54 AM
    Blackberries are good but right now, iPhones are better. Even phones running Android are looking better than blackberries. It's a shame that it's looking like RIM is getting left behind. I will not buy another blackberry until something significant is changed.
    12-21-09 11:46 AM
    For me, I just use both by switching sim cards here and there. But lately I've been
    using my iPhone a lot. And I mean a lot. As a matter of fact it seems that I've
    started to get used to using the iPhone as my primary phone because it does
    everything I need (especially because it's jailbroken). I'm really considering just
    selling both my Bold and 9700 and sticking with just my iPhone. I hardly use my BB
    anymore.
    12-21-09 01:35 PM
    It's funny I thought I would miss bbm a lot but most of my friends are on yahoo and there is an app for that. Overall the only thing I miss is the battery life of my old curve 8310. I also do not miss the keyboard really at all, I was faster on my berrry then I am on my iphone, but then again I have only had the iphone for a few days. With all of the apps and how easy it is to get really good free apps I just could not justify buying a new berry. I even found a way around having to get ringtones through itunes. I found a couple of websites that you can download ringtones from and open them right in itunes. They are all free and they are better then what you can find on itunes. Download free Ringtones, iPhone and MP3 Ringtones for mobile phones That is the one that has the most. Hope it helps anyone who wants it.

For me, I just use both by switching sim cards
    here and there. But lately I've been
    using my iPhone a lot. And I mean a lot. As a matter of fact it seems that I've
    started to get used to using the iPhone as my primary phone because it does
    everything I need (especially because it's jailbroken). I'm really considering just
    selling both my Bold and 9700 and sticking with just my iPhone. I hardly use my BB
    anymore.
    12-21-09 02:07 PM
    Okay, I have to start out by saying that I never thought that I would be writing a post like this. You see for the last couple of years I have been a very loyal and happy berry user and abuser, so much in fact that I never even considered the iphone. That really all began to change about 3 months ago as my upgrade date started to get closer. I went to an att store and messed around with the 9000 and asked about any new berrys that might be coming out. They guy at the store told me to wait and check out another version of the Bold that would be coming soon, turned out to be the 9700. During that time I began to think about what I wanted out of my new smart phone. As I checked my list a couple of things really stuck with me. 1. RIM still has not done anything about their lack of a true mobile browser and 2 there is still not a one stop shopping place to find all of the apps that I want.

To make a long story short the other day my girl and I went to the att store to get a new sim card for her berry, while we were there the rep told us about the big half off sale they were having on bb's while after messing with both Bold's and the 3gs well both decided to go the way of the iphone and I can say that I am very glad I did. I still love my berry and I am sure that I will use it from time to time, but for me at least RIM has much work to do before I would buy another berry.
    Like you i just made the switch a couple of hours ago. I had the 9700 and though it is a GREAT berry, i have found that RIM email niche has been broken. I sold my RIM stock when great earnings came out last thursday and i am waiting for a sell of to buy apple's.
    12-21-09 03:38 PM
    I made the switch too. Some people's priorities change. Me being one of them. Needs changed to better media, bigger screen and better browser. And I use telus here in Canada, so my coverage is always great. No complaints.
    12-21-09 08:39 PM
    I too will be making the change to the iPhone 3G (s) today. I loved the the Storm 2 but after going through 3 of them the first 2 had the button response issues and when they pulled out another new one only to have the screen not level at all that was it. I have been a long loyal BB owner of 5 different models since they came to the market but it is time for a change. I just hope I like the iPhone. Everyone that I speak to that has made the change say they have no regrets. I will miss BBM as I have 28 contacts and most tell me they will not text lol. I will give my opinion on the iPhone once I get it up and running. By the way Telus was fantastic and have offered me the same plan I now have with my bb going to the new HSPA service.
    12-22-09 09:27 AM
    Trust me man you are going to love the 3gs, the only thing that I really do not like about the phone is the battery life is **** next to the berry. Other then that I love every thing about the iphone. For me everything a my berry did for me the 3gs does better. And as another poster put it priority's change over time and mine as well have shifted away from email being one on the list. I just wanted a phone that could do everything and for the most part do it better then any other phone.

I too will be making the change to the iPhone 3G (s) today. I loved the the Storm 2 but after going through 3 of them the first 2 had the button response issues and when they pulled out another new one only to have the screen not level at all that was it. I have been a long loyal BB owner of 5 different models since they came to the market but it is time for a change. I just hope I like the iPhone. Everyone that I speak to that has made the change say they have no regrets. I will miss BBM as I have 28 contacts and most tell me they will not text lol. I will give my opinion on the iPhone once I get it up and running. By the way Telus was fantastic and have offered me the same plan I now have with my bb going to the new HSPA service.
    12-22-09 01:03 PM
    the battery life is the only thing i miss from the storm. lol
    12-22-09 01:18 PM
    Well I have had the iPhone for 3 hours now an just love it. This thing is stupid fast and the browser is second to none! The other thing I noticed was all the apps I had on my storms that I downloaded unto my iPhone they are way more interactive. I'm happy I made the switch!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 06:29 PM
    FYI: got all my emails on time yesterday on my iPhone; not so on my BB.
    12-23-09 07:13 AM
    I was a long time iPhone user (almost two years) and recently made the switch to the 9700. The iPhone has many great features, but after a few months you will realize that the insane amount of 3rd party apps apple brags about are cr@p. They are notorious for freezing and dropping calls. Even worse is sometimes, other people in your phone book can intercept your text messages accidentally. Make sure you delete mom's phone number before you do any dirty sexting, and hold on to your blackberrys, you'll miss the keyboard.

Haha just my .02. I'm a long time Mac user/lover, but the iPhone did not impress me like my Bold 2 has.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 07:54 AM
    Nearly 3 years with the iPhone and it's still the one for me! Apps on the iPhone compared to the same Apps on BB and iPhone wins hands down.

What is this talk about intercept text messages accidentally? Mommy caught you? hahaha

iPhone = 100,000 apps.. lets say 60% are crap so you have 40,000 good ones..

BB = 20,000 apps.. I'll give you only 20% are crap (it's Christmas I'm feeling generous).. so you have 16,000 good ones.. hahahahahahaha.

_______
    iPhone is 24,000 NET Apps better.. game ova.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 12-23-09 at 08:36 AM.
    12-23-09 08:30 AM
    Yup I am very happy I made the switch! I'm with Telus so I am not to concerned with dropped calls. The speed on this new HSPA system with the browser is faster than my high speed cable with Rogers at home. The ONLY major down fall is the battery life it's horrible! I will need a car charger for sure and I will keep a usb cable at the office.
    12-23-09 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD