I had the 3G iPhone for exactly 3 days!
    Back to my trusty Curve, 8320 OS 4.5.52.

And, I was in line for 4 hours (I was first). Talk about not being able to get that time back - darn it...
    May I ask what about your iPhone you didn't like that made you return it?
    08-22-08 01:45 PM
    LOL! Gosh that list is long. My mom almost returned her's and almost got a Tilt. She has a Blackberry and iPhone, though. In her words, she's important and needs two phones....yeahhhh whatever, mom! LOL!
    I can't even get my mom to figure out how to use a RAZR to its fullest extent, and you're mom's rockin a Blackberry and an iPhone...go Mom!
    08-22-08 02:43 PM
    I can't even get my mom to figure out how to use a RAZR to its fullest extent, and you're mom's rockin a Blackberry and an iPhone...go Mom!

Lol... tell me about it. I'm still thinking whether or not the Curve will be too much for mine.
    08-22-08 04:09 PM
    Yay!! Welcome back!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah the iphone is a joke.... Its kinda similar to tmobile sidekick: nice and all but more or less for the teenyboppers.... I ditched iphone and went back to my Curve.... Way better

08-22-08 06:21 PM
    Yeah the iphone is a joke.... Its kinda similar to tmobile sidekick: nice and all but more or less for the teenyboppers.... I ditched iphone and went back to my Curve.... Way better

The iPhone is not a joke! And you are so out of line to be comparing the iPhone to a Sidekick, which is definitely targeted to the younger generation. The iPhone is way better than the Sidekick! Heck, the iPhone is better than the Curve, in all reality.
    08-22-08 07:40 PM
    Ha-Ha! Yeah, she's a Computer engineer, so that's why she has no problems learning how to operate them. Thx though.
    08-22-08 07:42 PM
    1. Battery life. And, that was even after turning off 3G and wifi (what's the point if I can't use ALL the features of my device).

2. Mobile ME - it was killing the battery, and it was never push, like Apple claimed (they even had to retract the word push from their ads)...

3. I had GMail, and delivery of email was not instant. I even switched to Yahoo/YMail. Sometimes it was instant, sometimes not. But, more times not.

So, enough of that!

May I ask what about your iPhone you didn't like that made you return it?
    08-22-08 07:59 PM
    I have BOTH the curve and iphone like them for different reasons.

Regarding gmail never had an issue?

OWA on a iphone equal too or faster than BES?

reading email SO much nicer on Iphone!!!

Sending email,BB keyboard is SO much better!!

Apps, Iphone certainly has few and the selection will only get larger

Size of the phone the curve is better

Battery life, sure the curve is better but i carry a car charger so i really don't care

BTooth curve is better

ATT or sprint service they both drop out in the same location
    08-22-08 08:47 PM
    I had the 3G iPhone for exactly 3 days!
    Back to my trusty Curve, 8320 OS 4.5.52.

And, I was in line for 4 hours (I was first). Talk about not being able to get that time back - darn it...
    That sucks, my iPhone is treating me great.
    08-23-08 01:22 AM
    I'm thinking about getting rid of my 16gb 1st gen iphone because I have to have the 3g iphone in order to get my company discount. Does it really matter what gen iphone it is in order to get ur discount? My curve phone bill was love when I was getting my discount. Any reason why they do this?
    08-23-08 09:21 PM
    I'm thinking about getting rid of my 16gb 1st gen iphone because I have to have the 3g iphone in order to get my company discount. Does it really matter what gen iphone it is in order to get ur discount? My curve phone bill was love when I was getting my discount. Any reason why they do this?

You do need to have the 3g to get your Individual account discount. You get it on the voice and data portion.

The reason for it not being this way with the 2g is because of the setup AT&T had with Apple. Each iPhone, per month, AT&T was giving Apple a cut. With the 3g, they paid Apple up front and they can do whatever they want with the discounting.
    08-24-08 02:10 AM

You do need to have the 3g to get your Individual account discount. You get it on the voice and data portion.

The reason for it not being this way with the 2g is because of the setup AT&T had with Apple. Each iPhone, per month, AT&T was giving Apple a cut. With the 3g, they paid Apple up front and they can do whatever they want with the discounting.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Jayden. Oh well, back to my 8310!
    08-25-08 01:12 PM
    Why would you get an I phone??? They are complete junk just like there computers!!! Welcome back friend, welcome back!!
    08-25-08 04:18 PM
    Why would you get an I phone??? They are complete junk just like there computers!!! Welcome back friend, welcome back!!
    The next time my Mac gets a blue screen of death or a virus, I'll let you know. But anyways, iPhones aren't for everyone, enjoy your BB, they are great.
    08-25-08 04:36 PM
    The next time my Mac gets a blue screen of death or a virus, I'll let you know. But anyways, iPhones aren't for everyone, enjoy your BB, they are great.

Exactly what I was thinking.
    08-25-08 10:07 PM
    *Off Topic* But what is funny to me is that today I went into AT&T to get an iPhone and all the sales rep were bashing on the iPhone, in how much it sucks and all the issues the customers are having with it... The guy also told me to wait a bit because a new BB was coming soon, *cough* BOLD *cough* and since he played with it for a week, he said it was so smooth... Well enough of that. Just found it halirious since a couple days ago I read about a AT&T Manager printing out fliers of ten reasons why the iPhone sucked. And no I'm not bashing on the iPhone or hate it, I have one myself and love it but I can face some fact's.
    It's funny you say that b/c i had a similiar experience when I went to go look at an iphone the rep was like "well here it is. . . " showing me it and it looked cool and all and then he goes to me " but what you really want, is a blackberry" haha
    09-07-08 12:26 AM
    My wife has a iphone and she love's it, I have a 8310 and love it. I also think the iphone is a very cool device and there are many things about it I like. But like most others on this site its the BB I prefer at the end of the day.
    09-09-08 03:23 PM
    My wife has a iphone and she love's it, I have a 8310 and love it. I also think the iphone is a very cool device and there are many things about it I like. But like most others on this site its the BB I prefer at the end of the day.
    It's all about preference.
    09-09-08 03:42 PM
    Thank you for the strong argument. I am always debating with my friends about BB vs. iPhone. I know BB is better but I'm not good at debating. iPhone has a really cool interface and touch screen that lets you forget about the important stuff like email and productivity. God stuff.
    09-09-08 07:28 PM
    My brother, his fiance and most of my friends back home have the 8310. I've used their phones and they are stable in and out doors and quite fun to type on and read text emails. Yahoo chat is always on in the background for them, so I can leave them a message (live on another continent) and they all use blackberry chat with each other.

None really use it for enterprise solutions, they don't need it.

I'm having a single problem with my iPhone that if I couldnt blame on my office building I'd return it. I keep getting cellular interruption in my office. I get disconnect from the net (can still make and receive calls, but not internet apps work) and even often have the little box telling my I'm connected even though it doesnt work.

But the kicker is, my phone works in the subway and works better than any other phone I've ever head. Some phones wouldnt even work down there at all. But I get mostly 3G and full bars the entire ride home from work.

It was a tough choice between getting an iPhone or switching carries for a bold, but considering I had a mac at home already and the iPhone works great with it, I'm satisfied with my choice.

I can recommend the phone if you can deal with the keyboard (which I love)!
    09-10-08 06:05 AM
    Actually, I wanna get the iPhone 3G and have first hand experience. I gotta say, the whole touch screen and zooming in/out pics, it is revolutionary. I am a sucker for Apple and their products. My BB is my number one though.
    09-11-08 09:31 PM
    I had them both and sold them both. The curve is perfect.
    09-12-08 01:29 PM
    The reason you are returning the phone... all your reasons listed above, are not an issue with me (even the battery mine seems to be pretty rockin)
    10-13-08 06:52 PM
    The reason you are returning the phone... all your reasons listed above, are not an issue with me (even the battery mine seems to be pretty rockin)
    I agree, I had the 8310(curve) before my iPhone, which I loved. But all the reasons for hating the iPhone listed here are not a factor for me and mine. I have needed tech support for both my iPhone and my BB. I feel the benefits of the phone out weigh the issues! Now I just need to sell my hubby on the idea of a matching computer
    10-14-08 06:54 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD