Since I lent the S6 to a co-worker, it will have to wait until tomorrow until I can take a screen shot with both at max brightness.

As for the Passport, I already answered. My point stands.

As for the Z10, it had a 1800 mAh batterie and even still, I could get a full day of work on its batterie.

Posted via CB10
    Your point stands but it isn't factual. And you must be a very light user if you could get a full day out of the Z10. It is well known for its awful battery.
    06-29-15 05:33 PM
    Your point stands but it isn't factual. And you must be a very light user if you could get a full day out of the Z10. It is well known for its awful battery.
    No I'm not a light user but I'm also not a gamer on my phone. It's for communication. If I were a light user, I wouldn't drain half my batterie on my Passport and the almost all of the S6 batterie on a single day.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 05:54 PM
    No I'm not a light user but I'm also not a gamer on my phone. It's for communication. If I were a light user, I wouldn't drain half my batterie on my Passport and the almost all of the S6 batterie on a single day.

Posted via CB10
    I can't even get a full day on my passport, it's been 5 days since I've done a autoloader and set up everything manually I believe it should have settled in but I also use it a lot for business and stuff. Skype/email/facebook/etc, wherever my customers and friends can get in touch with me

Why the hell people praise iOS?!-img_20150630_010057.png

Why the hell people praise iOS?!-img_20150630_010100.png

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 06:01 PM
    no he didn't, I moved it from General Blackberry Discussion forum.
    But it has been in this sub-forum for most of the time that the CB Apple Defense Squad have been coming and displaying their righteous indignation. They should be thanking the OP for giving them something Apple-related to talk about as they troll CB year after year after year...
    grover5 likes this.
    06-29-15 11:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    A Galaxy S6 lasting a whole day is pretty light use, isn't it? Don't those things only get around 3 or 4 hours of screen-on time?

Galaxy S6 Edge Battery Life - 4 Days Later

Galaxy S6 Edge battery life review - 28 days later
    06-30-15 02:16 AM
    Here's my screenshot for today

Why the hell people praise iOS?!-img_20150701_010740.png

Received over 50 emails and replied to over 20 of them (slow day), got 8 phone calls and made a few (like I said, slow day), got a few SMS and replied to a few (SMS is not my main way of communicating), was part of many BBM chats and group conversations, listen to Slacker in my car through Bluetooth for about 1.5h, was on Crackberry app for about 30 minutes and spend over an hour on Reddit, did some work and non work related web surfing. Batterie is still at 63% while the phone has been unplugged since before 7am and it's now near1:30am.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 12:20 AM
    As for creating content, how many long articles or blog posts have been written on iDevices? And how many are readable with all the typos and autocorrect gone wild? If you enjoy your iPhone and iPads, that's great. But it does help to compare devices' operability and quirks, because some of us aren't swayed by Apple's marketing hype and will continue to use devices that are superior for our needs.
    Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    So how many long articles/posts have been written on bb10 devices?
    Actually you've been swayed by blackberry's marketting if you think that your device is the most productive tool.

As for the guy that doubt users write stuff on Ios for business, give me a break probably half the article on this site have been written on an Ipad.
    Very bold and right.
    07-01-15 01:30 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150701_010740.png 
Views:	668 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	360254

Received over 50 emails and replied to over 20 of them (slow day), got 8 phone calls and made a few (like I said, slow day), got a few SMS and replied to a few (SMS is not my main way of communicating), was part of many BBM chats and group conversations, listen to Slacker in my car through Bluetooth for about 1.5h, was on Crackberry app for about 30 minutes and spend over an hour on Reddit, did some work and non work related web surfing. Batterie is still at 63% while the phone has been unplugged since before 7am and it's now near1:30am.

Posted via CB10
    7.7% standby wow. I hope BlackBerry can achieve the same standby battery consumption as apple, a lot of 'battery time being wasted there

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 03:56 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150701_010740.png 
Views:	668 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	360254

Posted via CB10
    Ok, so that's light to medium usage. I would hope its still at 63% on the Passport after that usage.
    07-01-15 07:02 AM
    But it has been in this sub-forum for most of the time that the CB Apple Defense Squad have been coming and displaying their righteous indignation. They should be thanking the OP for giving them something Apple-related to talk about as they troll CB year after year after year...
    Uh huh.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    07-01-15 05:03 PM
    More in line with this thread about iOS:

I fired up the old iPhone 4s so that I could try out Apple Music for 90 days free of charge. You have to load iOS 8.4 to get the music app to work with Apple Music.

My first impressions of Apple Music;

It's fine. Streaming at 256 AAC is not "great" but not "bad" either. It's acceptable streaming. Certainly no where near Tidal's Lossless streaming, but it's not meant to be.

Like all iPhone apps, I don't like navigating around iOS apps. I miss BACK buttons and MENU buttons on the phone body and get tired hunting for how to get back to a previous screen or engage a menu from page to page or from app to app. Navigation around Apple Music for ME is a PITA. I prefer Android with it's large BACK and MENU and HOME buttons on the bottom. Same with BlackBerry. I love the fact that I have buttons dedicated on my Berry that do what I expect them to do. But that's me. Apple Fans will disagree and love there one button "Home" world that they are in. That's their choice. Not mine.

I don't see a huge diff between Apple Music and Spotify (that I already subscribe to). So when the 90 day free trial ends, so will my subscription. In fact, I prefer the Spotify UI better than Apple Music.

SIRI integration is OK, but not great. She works, but you have to be exact in how you ask for your music. Sometimes she tells you that your selection is "NOT AVAILABLE FOR STREAMING" when it plainly is. But the way you asked for it got her confused. I happen to have Amazon's new ECHO home music bluetooth information device. The voice recognition and music integration on this is much better than SIRI on Apple Music. Just an observation.

Apple's "Beats1" radio is not for me. It was highly touted as an amazing new 24/7 live world music station. This has been done many times before. I happen to listen to "Monocle 24" online out of London. Great music to my taste and awesome world news and special interest shows. I'd need to be 25 years younger to enjoy Beats 1. Too much Rap. And they are trying to appeal (obviously) to everyone. One minute you are listening to an 80's tune by Talking Heads, and the next you have two Rappers in a row followed by Heavy Metal followed by some more 80's music. No thanks.

I'm sure iOS fans love the new service. I would if I were an Apple-Ite. My WindowsPhone had Xbox Music and with Cortana Integration, this was just as good. For 10 bucks a month, you have SOOOO many choices on streaming services. I'd not jump on the Apple bandwagon simply because they now have Apple Music, but if you are in Apple's Camp, Apple Music is surely an awesome and welcome addition for you.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-01-15 05:23 PM
    Just today I was helping a lady with her iPhone. She had pictures she had taken and wanted to copy them to her Toshiba Laptop so they were backed up. After 30 minutes of trying and reading the lame, incomplete instructions on Apple's website (and others) , we gave up.

She wasn't able to install the current version of iTunes because she's on Windows Vista And the "photo sync " in iTunes is one way from Computer to iPhone. Are you kidding me?!!

Even though iTunes saw the iPhone and backed it up and updated the OS to 8.4, there was no pictures accessible otherwise, so she still has to email them to herself. Again, are you kidding me?!!

Posted via my Classic using CB10
    07-02-15 02:23 AM
    Even though iTunes saw the iPhone and backed it up and updated the OS to 8.4, there was no pictures accessible otherwise, so she still has to email them to herself. Again, are you kidding me?!!

Posted via my Classic using CB10
    I personally dislike iTunes to the bones, which is the main reason that keeps me away from Apple products. I want to plug and play, copy and paste my files from my phone to my laptop and any other devices that I choose to do so. I don't want anyone or anything to back up my pics or info automatically to some cloud services. Heck some people don't even know that their iCloud accounts automatically back up their pictures and stuff.

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    07-02-15 09:05 AM
    I personally dislike iTunes to the bones, which is the main reason that keeps me away from Apple products. I want to plug and play, copy and paste my files from my phone to my laptop and any other devices that I choose to do so. I don't want anyone or anything to back up my pics or info automatically to some cloud services. Heck some people don't even know that their iCloud accounts automatically back up their pictures and stuff.

I hate iTunes as well, and refuse to install it LOL. It is possible to use iDevices without it, though. At least, I'm able to.
    07-02-15 09:20 AM
    Hey guys,

So I just got an iPad Mini 3, 64GB version and I'm kinda here to rant. I'm not being a bb fanboy or anything, but how can people use this crap? First of all, the keyboard:

Auto correct is a f****** mess. It corrects words it doesn't know to totally unrelated words and you can't even revert it like you can on any bb with double backspace. Also, you can't have more input languages in use at the same time, you have to select the active one. Total useless for multilingual communication. I just had to disable all kinds of typing aid

Transferring files from the device is painful, I have to do it manually and can't just do it straight from the device, UGH. Also, no file manager, seperate app for every file type...

Sharing pictures/videos requires so many clicks. On blackberry I just select picture, press on share and select the app, on iOS (THIS IS IN THE PICTURES APP, SOME PEOPLE DIDN'T SEEM TO GET THAT) I have to press share first, then choose share some photos, then select the files, then select app... it doesn't even make sense. If I'm right in the pictures app and the pictures are in front of me, why can't I just select them and press on a share button?

BUGS. Bugs everywhere. Even the most basic stuff. The input language is currently set to Hungarian while the OS language is set to English. The apps are half English and half Hungarian now... great. Also there's a random grey rectangle that sometimes pops up in facebook messenger when I send someone a picture. It goes away when I select a contact

Skype has even less features than the BB version... You can't receive nor send files in group convo...

I still have no idea where I can set camera settings and whether I can control them at all? I can only enable/disable hdr and choose mode, no fine tuning like resolution, fps, etc

These are the stuff I found in less than 30 minutes (been using it for half a day now), I don't even want to imagine what other issues I'll come across in the upcoming days/weeks. I was neutral about the iPad and iOS really as it was new to me. I never had a tablet before because I don't think there's any point of having one, for me at least (I got this one from a company too), but some of these issues are so bad that they just totally ruin the user experience for me. It's total crap for anything business related. Even my android phones are a lot better.

Also I tried to only mention iOS related issues here so you can't just say that it's an iPad so can't compare it to an iphone or anything. there are problems with the hw itself as well, like that it only has speakers on the bottom, and watching a movie on it in the bed or just a video is totally ruined by the fact that you can only hear the sound from either left or right depending on the rotation of the device. It really lacks stereo speakers

I'd like to hear your opinions and whether if it's just me or others agree on these.
    You're holding it wrong!
    Tre Lawrence and GadgetTravel like this.
    07-02-15 01:32 PM
    Well without that PITA proprietary software, I wouldn't want to pull out my hair if I connect an iPhone via USB to the computer and find out that I cannot manually move files back and forth between the two. With Apple, it's like you do things their ways or hit the highway; well you know what, I'd rather choose the highways

I hate iTunes as well, and refuse to install it LOL. It is possible to use iDevices without it, though. At least, I'm able to.

07-02-15 04:36 PM
    I tried. You can't add an active sync account to Gmail, unless you choose imap which sucks.

Posted via CB10
    Funny, every Android or iPhone at work connect with my Exchange server through ActiveSync.
    07-20-15 03:03 PM
    Funny, every Android or iPhone at work connect with my Exchange server through ActiveSync.
    Yeah. It is probably a server side setting. I use gmail, exchange mail and yahoo with the email client on my iPhone.
    07-20-15 06:55 PM
    Yes, the native email client can connect to Exchange through ActiveSync but the same email client required me to LOWER my GMAIL account security to connect to GMAIL! So someone suggested that I use the GMAIL client to connect to my work Exchange account and I replied that it's THAT client that CAN�T connect to Exchange through ActiveSync. I was trying to use just one app to read all my messages, like I can do in BlackBerry Hub.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 08:57 PM
    Yes, the native email client can connect to Exchange through ActiveSync but the same email client required me to LOWER my GMAIL account security to connect to GMAIL! So someone suggested that I use the GMAIL client to connect to my work Exchange account and I replied that it's THAT client that CAN’T connect to Exchange through ActiveSync. I was trying to use just one app to read all my messages, like I can do in BlackBerry Hub.

Posted via CB10
    I have 3 accounts in my native client. 1 Exchange a 2 Gmail. One app, all messages.
    07-21-15 08:05 AM
    I have 3 accounts in my native client. 1 Exchange a 2 Gmail. One app, all messages.
    Like I said, I did add the GMAIL account, but I had to LOWER the security settings, which wasn't recommended by GMAIL. So I did in the end have my two email accounts in one app, although I still needed other apps for SMS, BBM, Facebook and LinkedIn, unlike the HUB.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 01:46 PM
    I use both an iPhone 6 plus and Passport, love both I don't have any of the issue the OP has, they both have strengths and weaknesses. Fanboys jump off a cliff please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jmr1015 and Smply_Rckless like this.
    07-25-15 11:06 AM
    Like I said, I did add the GMAIL account, but I had to LOWER the security settings..
    Curious: which security settings did you have to lower?
    07-26-15 10:32 AM
    It's under "Connected apps & sites" for "Sign-in & security" in Google "My Account"

Allow less secure apps: OFF (turned it back off once I gave the S6 Edge to a coworker)

Some non-Google apps and devices use less secure sign-in technology, which could leave your account vulnerable. You can turn off access for these apps (which we recommend) or choose to use them despite the risks.
    katesbb likes this.
    07-26-15 11:42 PM
    Hey guys,

So I just got an iPad Mini 3, 64GB version and I'm kinda here to rant. I'm not being a bb fanboy or anything, but how can people use this crap? First of all, the keyboard:

Auto correct is a f****** mess. It corrects words it doesn't know to totally unrelated words and you can't even revert it like you can on any bb with double backspace. Also, you can't have more input languages in use at the same time, you have to select the active one. Total useless for multilingual communication. I just had to disable all kinds of typing aid

Transferring files from the device is painful, I have to do it manually and can't just do it straight from the device, UGH. Also, no file manager, seperate app for every file type...

Sharing pictures/videos requires so many clicks. On blackberry I just select picture, press on share and select the app, on iOS (THIS IS IN THE PICTURES APP, SOME PEOPLE DIDN'T SEEM TO GET THAT) I have to press share first, then choose share some photos, then select the files, then select app... it doesn't even make sense. If I'm right in the pictures app and the pictures are in front of me, why can't I just select them and press on a share button?

BUGS. Bugs everywhere. Even the most basic stuff. The input language is currently set to Hungarian while the OS language is set to English. The apps are half English and half Hungarian now... great. Also there's a random grey rectangle that sometimes pops up in facebook messenger when I send someone a picture. It goes away when I select a contact

Skype has even less features than the BB version... You can't receive nor send files in group convo...

I still have no idea where I can set camera settings and whether I can control them at all? I can only enable/disable hdr and choose mode, no fine tuning like resolution, fps, etc

These are the stuff I found in less than 30 minutes (been using it for half a day now), I don't even want to imagine what other issues I'll come across in the upcoming days/weeks. I was neutral about the iPad and iOS really as it was new to me. I never had a tablet before because I don't think there's any point of having one, for me at least (I got this one from a company too), but some of these issues are so bad that they just totally ruin the user experience for me. It's total crap for anything business related. Even my android phones are a lot better.

Also I tried to only mention iOS related issues here so you can't just say that it's an iPad so can't compare it to an iphone or anything. there are problems with the hw itself as well, like that it only has speakers on the bottom, and watching a movie on it in the bed or just a video is totally ruined by the fact that you can only hear the sound from either left or right depending on the rotation of the device. It really lacks stereo speakers

I'd like to hear your opinions and whether if it's just me or others agree on these.
    Mi a fasza!

When I was in Hungary this summer, people's eyes couldn't believe a) I had a BlackBerry b) the look of the Passport c) when possible, I demonstrated the OS and you could tell they knew it was j� (good).

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 09:36 PM
119 ... 2345