Im new to the iPhone, but not new to Crackberry. I've owned a Curve for quite some time and I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

I recently got an iPhone from a friend for a great price and I went ahead and activated it. I have to say that so far I have been having a great time.

My question is this (and it isn't necessarily related directly to the iPhone, more towards the community).

In all the time I've been lurking as well as a member of the Crackberry forums, I've honestly yet to come across a post in the Curve or in the Alltel forums from someone with an iPhone bashing the BB. Yet I just now paid my first visit to the iPhone forum (I didn't own one before so I saw no point in visiting a forum that was irrelevant to me) and the vast majority of posts I've read are from BB owners who are absolutely, downright rude and inconsiderate. I hadn't seen this side of the Crackberry forums in the past and I guess I'm a bit dismayed at the behaviour displayed here.
    Of course I understand that this is an open forum and anyone can post anything they want to, I guess I just don't understand why. I know I can just go about my business and not read those posts, but again, I'm simply making an observation here about something that I had thought previously didn't exist on these forums. In fact, that was one of the more appealing aspects of Crackberry to me; the fact that folks seemed to be welcoming and respectful of each other.

I realize that I'll probably get bashed for this topic and for those whom I upset, I truly apologize in advance. It just seems to make it more difficult to find any useful information when most posts that I try to read are dedicated to bashing the iPhone or are started legitimately and the rest of the posts are just people going in to talk bad about the iPhone.

Again, I apologize if I'm stepping on anyone's toes and I do realize that this post won't change anything in this forum. I guess that's just the way life is. but I really felt strongly about this and about how little I guess I knew about the forums here.
    03-19-09 01:58 PM
    I use both but you have to remember that CrackBerry is predominantly a blackberry community, hence the site name, CrackBerry. We don't get angry at people with iPhones, I think the anger sprouts from people saying the iPhone is better than BB or vice versa. Everyone has different needs and either phone does a good job at that.

I prefer a phone that has music capabilities plus internet browsing with a simple design, so I got an iPhone. However, I soon realized the need for email and a keyboard, so I got a Bold, but that is gone already as I traded it off today for a 3G iPhone.

We all have different needs, but it is just up to us that decide which phone is best for us. I personally also get angry when people bash one another about what phone is greater. Arguing on the internet is a waste of time.
    03-19-09 02:09 PM
    I'm sure if you went to iphone websites you would get people bashing a BB. I don't believe that everyone is so angry. It's not nice to generalize. Majority of people here are genuinely good people and don't feel the need to bash. I wish you the best with your iphone and I'm sure we will see you again. lol.
    03-19-09 02:14 PM
    It's not nice to generalize.
    Fair enough. Perhaps I should have made it "Why are so many folks angry?". That would have been a less sweeping statement.
    03-19-09 02:17 PM
    Fair enough. Perhaps I should have made it "Why are so many folks angry?". That would have been a less sweeping statement.
    I would have to agree though that there are a lot of angry folks throughout chat sites. People can hide behind the computer screen. There are also a lot of grumpy people in the real world also. I can fauch for that one. I'm in retail. lol
    03-19-09 02:29 PM
    So many people don't want to admit that the iPhone is superior in some ways and the BB is in others.. they want to think their phone is perfect and can do it all in the best way possible.

This leads to obstructed views and terrible posts with no consideration to the fact that different things work for different people.
    03-19-09 02:52 PM
    I agree. There are some things that my iPhone does that are just wonderful and there are some things it does (or doesn't do) that just leave me scratching my head. Same thing goes for my Curve. I've found them both to be amazing gadgets, but they each truly have very distinct purposes (and personalities) and are marketed accordingly.
    I think it would be amazing if someone were to find a way to put it all into one device, but I think at that point, it would have to be called a "laptop".
    03-19-09 03:09 PM
    Or a human. lol
    03-19-09 03:16 PM
    I have both phones and they are both great. Which is why I got some glue and glued them to each other. So now I have a super phone The only problem is it doesn't really fit in my pocket.
    03-19-09 03:34 PM
    It's because you have fanboys who only recognize the greatness of their companies product.
    03-19-09 04:55 PM
    I'm sure if you went to iphone websites you would get people bashing a BB. I don't believe that everyone is so angry. It's not nice to generalize. Majority of people here are genuinely good people and don't feel the need to bash. I wish you the best with your iphone and I'm sure we will see you again. lol.
    That's not true, when you go to the Apple forums, they are complaining about what the iphone can't do, they hardly have time to be bashing blackberry.
    03-19-09 10:41 PM
    I didn't read all the post in this thread but i agree with the OP for the most part.

I really think it has to do with the fact that Apple came in released one **** of a phone which stole a lot of customers from current smartphones and many first time smartphone users went right to the iPhone. So rather then subjectively look at the iphone for what it is, people would rather look at it for what it isn't. Hence why many BB users call it a hipster childs toy, while the storm does it's "best" to mimic the iPhone. It's a vicious cycle.

This topic came up in another thread I was reading and someone put it bunlty: popularity breeds contempt my friend...
    03-20-09 03:03 PM
    Oh please, we, at the iPhone forums don't even discuss Blackberries. All we care about is our iPhones! Now, these BB people love discussing the iPhone, for some particular reason.
    03-21-09 10:43 AM
    I have both phones and they are both great. Which is why I got some glue and glued them to each other. So now I have a super phone The only problem is it doesn't really fit in my pocket.
    Awesome.

Now you just have to go blacksmith on them; pound them together and meld that thing into one unit for better fit.
    03-21-09 06:42 PM
    oh I have no problem admitting I'm a huge iPhone hater... 3.0 could come out with an app that makes money for you and I would still keep saying the iPhone sucks... its like a sports rivalry almost... I love the Mets therefore I hate the Yankees, I love BB therefore I hate the iPhone... I love being a hater!!
    03-22-09 09:14 AM
    Oh please, we, at the iPhone forums don't even discuss Blackberries. All we care about is our iPhones! Now, these BB people love discussing the iPhone, for some particular reason.
    I agree 100%. The worst part is, most people don't even know what they're talking about when they hate on iphones. They use the phone without jailbreaking for a week or two, and deem it as worthless. Truth is my iphone is way more complete of a phone than my Bold, even in the productivity department. But you'd'd never know that unless you took the time to do your hw.

The other day, I was trying to send a mms to my gf on my bold, and it wouldn't send for the life of me. I popped my sim into my iphone, and sent it within 30 seconds. Talk about irony.
    03-22-09 05:10 PM
    I have not jailbroken my iPhone yet and I still find the device to be perfect in many aspects.
    03-22-09 07:30 PM
    That's not true, when you go to the Apple forums, they are complaining about what the iphone can't do, they hardly have time to be bashing blackberry.
    I'm sure when BB first came out there were people complaining about what the BB couldn't do also. Wouldn't you say.

I posted this in another tread as well:

I myself went from a BB curve 8310 to a iPhone 3g (just recently), and man I'll tell you I loved my BB. You will never here me BASH a BB ever. I went to an iPhone for something different, I guess you would say. There are things that drove me crazy about my Curve but then again there are things that drive me crazy about my iPhone 3g, But then again i'm still learning it wich I think is half the fun. LOL!

It was once asked by someone, why do people bash the iPhone so much on this form. Yes this is a BB web site (hinse the name crackberry), but they put a forum on this web site for Iphones. If you all hate iPhones that much why even come to the iPhone forum then. Probably for the same reason I come to the crackberry web site still because you are interested in what is going on. One day I look forward to going back to a BB. But until that day I will enjoy my iPhone 3g.

TO EACH IS HIS OR HER OWN!
    Last edited by tate72; 03-22-09 at 09:41 PM.
    03-22-09 09:30 PM
    wouldnt you be angry

again no idea again
    03-28-09 01:27 PM
    I switched to the bb pink curve 8330 and I have never been more glad to get rid of my iphone. I dont know why people get worked up defending their choice for a phone whether its a bb or an iphone because I see it as a personal choice and you don't have to defend your reason for having a bb or an iphone to anyone in my opinion.
    03-28-09 02:45 PM
    It's the same in forums throughout the internet, it never fails that someone that owns a iPhone will make a post about how great their phone is and how it's so much better than X phone.

The same is true in computer forums, there's always someone that owns an Apple computer that will come in and state how their Apple computer is better than any other computer known to man.
    03-28-09 09:44 PM
    I think it's all just a metaphor for comparing ***** sizes..
    04-01-09 11:46 PM
    I'm sure if you went to iphone websites you would get people bashing a BB. It's not nice to generalize.
    You just generalized iphone websites...
    04-03-09 06:29 PM
    You just generalized iphone websites...
    ROFL
    04-04-09 12:53 PM
    Angry folks, everyone just needs to relaxxx
    04-04-09 03:38 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD