Getting one for the wife to replace her Z10... she's not as hardcore BB so she doesn't care about ditching BB10. It'll just be me and my Q10 left among our friends.

The dual camera on the 7 Plus also gives you the simulated bokeh effect for portrait photos... it looks pretty nice I have to say. And the new home button hopefully will mean one less part to break.
    09-09-16 01:56 AM
    I've moved on from iPhone a long time ago, when Z10 came out to be exact. Killing the headphone jack was just another rip off opportunity for Apple, forcing people to buy new stuff. Before that it was the Thunderbolt.
    09-09-16 02:51 AM
    I had long ago decided that when the sad arrives when my stock of Q's and one new Silver SE, unopened, are finally all used and done, I would move to iOS.

However, in the meantime, my wife uses iOS and was looking to upgrade from the 4s to the 7. Yet after seeing no headphone jack, and the number of dongles necessary to use wire, audiophile in ear monitors, charge, etc., she said "nope". So, will buy two 6s large size for her. Should see her through another 4 or 5 years with kids, drops, etc.

And I think my wife is correct. Unless Apple provides a better solution, I too won't move to the 7. Therefore, better go buy some more Q's for inventory. And batteries. And a few more tempered glass screen protectors.
    09-09-16 03:43 AM
    No, Sir I am not going to buy Iphone.........
    09-09-16 04:12 AM
    The only thing I want is that Mario game but hopefully it gets ported over to Android.

I doubt that I'd ever buy an iPhone.
    09-09-16 05:20 AM
    The only thing I want is that Mario game but hopefully it gets ported over to Android.

I doubt that I'd ever buy an iPhone.
    Nintendo would have to be morons to not bring it to Android given the much larger market share. To be honest, chances are Apple likely paid for for some sort of exclusivity window. They have don't it in the past with other apps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    MC_A_DOT likes this.
    09-09-16 07:47 AM
    Priv's getting hot when in use, is frustrating a lot. I am just watching for some more time, if doesn't improve, i will switch over to iphone. Although, I didn't like ioS much but there is no option available.
    09-09-16 07:52 AM
    No thank you. I think for the money you pay you get little or no advantage over other products.
    09-09-16 08:26 AM
    Priv's getting hot when in use, is frustrating a lot. I am just watching for some more time, if doesn't improve, i will switch over to iphone. Although, I didn't like ioS much but there is no option available.
    Try googling "iphone overheating", I'm just saying all the manufacturers have problems and not just overheating. Some manufacturers just go into denial mode, but the problems are all out there if you google them you get better visibility :-)
    09-09-16 08:29 AM
    And stereo speakers .
    Stereo is hardly stereo when the speakers are virtually in the same place. Just saying :-)
    flintlock likes this.
    09-09-16 08:34 AM
    Your prediction is already wrong. Phones are on pre-order, and already are selling out. As noted above in this thread, there are some new features to this year's models. My sons and wife are awaiting their orders; I'll wait and see what 2017 holds.
    09-09-16 08:36 AM
    Cool that it's water resistant. I love the looks of the matte black one. But no thank you. Why would they get rid of the headphones jack? People should have the option to use wireless or regular headphones, and I don't mean by using an adapter. Also why 2 cameras? Can someone explain that?

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    Those "airbuds" look sooo easy to lose. They should come with a special "find my lost airbuds" app =D
    or maybe a hand little cord to join them together so they can't fall out and get lost.
    09-09-16 08:41 AM
    Your prediction is already wrong. Phones are on pre-order, and already are selling out. As noted above in this thread, there are some new features to this year's models. My sons and wife are awaiting their orders; I'll wait and see what 2017 holds.
    That's loyalists and early adopters. We'll see what the market thinks in a few months. I don't care either way, and could be wrong, naturally. But too soon to say imho.

Personally, I'd wait the year for the iPhone 8...
    09-09-16 09:55 AM
    It's still ios. So no thank you. Closed system. Need to use itunes etc. But specs look good for anyone that's an iPhone user. For me, it's like turning on a dumb computer terminal.

Posted via CB10
    Need to use iTunes? I've never needed to use iTunes with my iOS devices. Closed system? WTF. Are you serious? Coming from BlackBerry world where the number one app is tumbleweed... Seriously? All platforms are as closed as you make them... Imagine, I use Google and Blackberry software on my "closed-system" iPhone...
    Elephant_Canyon and chain13 like this.
    09-09-16 10:13 AM
    Nintendo would have to be morons to not bring it to Android given the much larger market share. To be honest, chances are Apple likely paid for for some sort of exclusivity window. They have don't it in the past with other apps.

Ya, Nintendo are morons. Here's the problem with your articulated response. Mario Brothers Run will not be free. (Free meaning $0.00, zippo, nada, zilch). iOS users tend to spend money on apps. Android users want everything for free, so Nintendo is certainly smart bringing it to iOS first.
    Last edited by GoJaysGo; 09-10-16 at 05:50 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes
    09-09-16 10:16 AM
    Ya, Nintendo are morons. Here's the problem with your articulated response. Mario Brothers Run will no be free. (Free meaning $0.00, zippo, nada, zilch). iOS users tend to spend money on apps. Android users want everything for free, so Nintendo is certainly smart brining it to iOS first.
    Shigeru-san also commented that it will take longer to make sure the app runs well on the many different Android models. I understand that is a typical challenge for game developers.
    09-09-16 11:58 AM
    Already got the 6s plus so iphone 7 is not a huge upgrade... except for the camera.

The removal if the jack is controversial but i am willing to bet that a few years down the road, every tech media will see it as a courageous move since within the next couple of smartphone generations, no manufacturers will use headphone jacks anymore.
    09-09-16 12:09 PM
    For those VZW users, keep in mind that the iPhone 7 is no longer universal, there will be one version for Verizon and Sprint and another for everyone else. I don't know if that means that you will be hit with the typical problem of upgrade delays that VZW is known for or whether Apple has negotiated so they can bypass Verizon.

At some point (probably when I finish paying off my VZW priv), I'm going to another, less draconian, provider. I'm keeping an eye on the Google Fi project
    09-09-16 12:16 PM
    For the record I own 2 iphones but they ar my daughters. Too many things I can do with my android that you either can't do or it takes an act of Congress to do with an iPhone. even making the girls really watch data usage results in them still using twice as much as my mother and I do with our privs. Not a fan of those data hogs. Might not be that many differences but it's things I want to do personally that matter to me. Something would have to change a lot before I'd use any iPhone period.

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    09-09-16 12:47 PM
    For the record I own 2 iphones but they ar my daughters. Too many things I can do with my android that you either can't do or it takes an act of Congress to do with an iPhone. even making the girls really watch data usage results in them still using twice as much as my mother and I do with our privs. Not a fan of those data hogs. Might not be that many differences but it's things I want to do personally that matter to me. Something would have to change a lot before I'd use any iPhone period.

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    Data hogs... so does your Android somehow magically use less data. Or do your girls just use their phones for more, in ways that tend to use more data. I know a lot of "kids" are now using Facetime to talk with one another... that will eat up some data. And too kids tend to be more into streaming music or videos. It's not the iPhone's fault....

I do agree that the Android ecosystem is more open and that with Android you have a lot more options. Due to the way that iOS works, I doubt we'll ever see a HUB+ type app that is capable of doing what it does on Android.

But that's the thing, we all are free to make our own choices....
    09-09-16 01:02 PM
    Ya, Nintendo are morons. Here's the problem with your articulated response. Mario Brothers Run will no be free. (Free meaning $0.00, zippo, nada, zilch). iOS users tend to spend money on apps. Android users want everything for free, so Nintendo is certainly smart brining it to iOS first.
    Do you have a source for Android users not wanting to pay? Even if a small percentage of them do pay, with 85% or so market share that is still a massive number. And where did they say that it will not be free? Many "free" apps with in app purchases earn massive amounts of money such as candy crush for example.
    Lastly my response was for someone asking if they will not bring it to android at all (when they said hopefully is gets ported to android), and if they don't then yes they would be morons. But guess what, they are just not right away. I didn't question them going ios first.
    If Android users were not a money maker, nobody would go through the trouble.

09-09-16 01:23 PM
    Data hogs... so does your Android somehow magically use less data. Or do your girls just use their phones for more, in ways that tend to use more data. I know a lot of "kids" are now using Facetime to talk with one another... that will eat up some data. And too kids tend to be more into streaming music or videos. It's not the iPhone's fault....

I do agree that the Android ecosystem is more open and that with Android you have a lot more options. Due to the way that iOS works, I doubt we'll ever see a HUB+ type app that is capable of doing what it does on Android.

But that's the thing, we all are free to make our own choices....
    There is an annoying 'feature' on iOS that I always turn off : WiFi Assist. It has a tendency to eat data as well.
    09-09-16 01:28 PM
    There is an annoying 'feature' on iOS that I always turn off : WiFi Assist. It has a tendency to eat data as well.
    It barely uses data... unless you have a very limited plan. Mine had used 4MB in the last 2 months... but there was an issue with it earlier when they first added this feature.
    09-09-16 01:54 PM
    It barely uses data... unless you have a very limited plan. Mine had used 4MB in the last 2 months... but there was an issue with it earlier when they first added this feature.
    Yeah, that's when I found out how aggressive it was when it came out. Ever since then that and background App refresh always get turned off. I have 2gb a month, rarely go over that but sometimes it's close!
    09-09-16 03:15 PM
    The second camera is a huge advancement for smartphone photography. You need to know a bit of photography in order to understand how huge this is.

In a nutshell, the biggest limit of a smartphone camera is that the lens is simply too small vs a SLR or DSLR camera. Laws of physics, optical zoom is only achievable with the distance between two lens.... So it would make a really really thick smartphone.

Now by having two lenses, you actually have to that is already zoomed in at 2x and another at 1x. Notice that there's no optical zooming between 1 and 2.

So at 1x, you get wide angle for those cool group shots and at 2x, you get a closeup! Something that wasn't possible on a smartphone yet.
    For Android users, there's the LG V20, which also sports dual cameras, wide and zoomed.
    09-09-16 04:23 PM
167 1234 ...