Ordered a black 32GB this morning. This will be my first non-blackberry in five years.

Ironically, ordered it from my Playbook
    10-07-11 11:57 AM
    I did, I bought a 32 gb white one. This is the first time it's been available on my network so I'm very excited
    10-07-11 12:00 PM
    Black AT&T 16 GB. CS said I should have it by the 14th, which means they will have to FedEx it overnight from Dallas the 13th if it's like the last two devices I've ordered from them.
    zee921 likes this.
    10-07-11 12:13 PM
    Black AT&T 16 GB. CS said I should have it by the 14th, which means they will have to FedEx it overnight from Dallas the 13th if it's like the last two devices I've ordered from them.
    I was wondering about when they shipped. I didn't know if I should expect it to arrive on the 14th, or if it would be shipped on the 14th.
    10-07-11 12:40 PM
    I'm gonna call Verizon to see if they'll offer me anything. Bought the ip4 in August, wanted to wait, but had a dead S2. They told me I could easily sell my current phone and probably only pay $100 out of pocket for the new. Yeah right. I'd like to try the IP4S, but not at anything less than $100 out of pocket.
    10-07-11 12:42 PM
    You know, I was actually tempted. I think the new Messaging service is cool. I have so many friends with iPhones and so many are straying from BlackBerry. It's so sad. I do love my Berry, though.
    10-07-11 01:49 PM
    I was wondering about when they shipped. I didn't know if I should expect it to arrive on the 14th, or if it would be shipped on the 14th.
    I have heard that they will go ahead and process the order and have FedEx hold them for a 10-14 delivery. I have also heard some got their i4's a couple of days early last time, so who really knows? The CS lady said I would have it BY the 14th. I hope she's right.
    10-07-11 02:29 PM
    Ordered a 16gb black...don't think I'll ever fill it up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-11 03:01 PM
    You know, I was actually tempted. I think the new Messaging service is cool. I have so many friends with iPhones and so many are straying from BlackBerry. It's so sad. I do love my Berry, though.
    I know what you mean. I have been known as blackberry king amoungst my friends. They are going to be shocked when they see me with an iPhone.

The new iOS with the notifications was enough to make me give it a try.
    10-07-11 03:24 PM
    Price is also a big factor. One of the reasons I didn't get a OS 7 phone was because I couldn't afford the early upgrade fee plus the cost of the phone. So, as much as I want a new phone, I really shouldn't right now. I also want to see the QNX devices and what they might offer.
    10-07-11 03:43 PM
    i ordered. 16gb black for verizon. so long blackberry! iOS 5 looks amazing and i cant wait to try out all of these features
    10-07-11 03:53 PM
    Didn't order. 1. dislike the email handling. 2. no real upgrade from Apple 4. 3. No LTE
    10-07-11 03:57 PM
    White 32 gb!!! So happy sprint got it
    10-07-11 04:46 PM
    Black 32GB. I have the white 4 right now and it make imperfections too noticeable and the proximity sensor sort of started to bug me since it's black so I'm going back to black.

Tried this morning as soon as Apple.com and att.com went live (12:30midnight) and had issues all the way up until they stopped accepting pre-orders. It stayed on the screen that said it "may take up to 1 minute to process" for about 45 minutes. Woke up at 8:30 and had absolutely no issues, took about 30 seconds haha.

Side note: AT&T is working with Apple to do an OS update that will display 4G on the iP4S.
    10-07-11 05:18 PM
    Congrats to all that will be getting it for the first time especially Sprint customers. It's a great device and you wont be disappointed I have an iPhone 4 and unfortunately for me it wont be much of an upgrade so I'm holding out till next year.
    10-07-11 06:08 PM
    Ordered two 64gb in white. I'm thinking of swapping it out for a 32gb.

I want to buy an iPad2 or trade for my unopened iPhone 4. So, no need to have 64gb if I get a iPad.
    10-07-11 06:40 PM
    After trying to go back to BlackBerry twice (via 9810) from an Iphone 4, I decided "why fight it?" and ordered a 32 gb white 4S this morning.
    10-07-11 06:58 PM
    Congrats to all that will be getting it for the first time especially Sprint customers. It's a great device and you wont be disappointed I have an iPhone 4 and unfortunately for me it wont be much of an upgrade so I'm holding out till next year.
    I'm only one year into my contact so I will be holding off as well. Congrats to everyone who is getting then4s and you'll have to let us know about Siri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-07-11 07:18 PM
    White 32 gb!!! So happy sprint got it
    I haven't looked at their website, did sprint get both the iPhone 4 and 4s?

10-07-11 07:20 PM
    I haven't looked at their website, did sprint get both the iPhone 4 and 4s?

Yes, they did. iPhone 4 Pre-orders were allowed either 1 or 2 days prior to today's 4S pre-orders.
    10-07-11 07:30 PM
    Didn't order. 1. dislike the email handling. 2. no real upgrade from Apple 4. 3. No LTE
    Eh, to play devil's advocate here:

1) Personal opinion, so no qualms.

2/3: The 4S does play into what looks like to be a regular cycle start: new design, upgraded design, new design, upgraded, etc. (think 3G to 3GS) It's not like they re-do other products over completely from year to year. That being said, it is an upgrade and a real one at that. Single to dual core, better camera, better internal tech...

For example, as a Torch 9800 owner, I consider the 9810 an upgrade to my phone. Yet, the only thing it is to my current phone is upgraded internals and a color change. So upgrades do not always have to be cosmetic in nature.

In terms of LTE, I think the problem here is multi-fold. First, chipsets are different and require separate chipsets for radio instead of one single chipset for 3G and 4G. That means you'd need a new logic board, which means complete internal re-design in a supposed upgraded design of a phone. Second, because of second radio and just because of how LTE is right now, battery life is not optimized yet. Most of the current LTE based phones get pretty crappy battery life when running LTE data. They're fine on 3G, but it kills your phone on LTE. I don't think Apple wants to push out a product where battery life is sub-par. Finally, network availability: it's really only Verizon in some areas. Sprint won't have it until mid-2012 and AT&T is just starting to roll out their network.

So, if you're Apple, your smart move is to wait until the iPhone5 to:

- Redesign your phone cosmetically
    - Redesign the internals
    - Wait until they have single chipsets to support all the radios you want (which they will by the end of this year if they haven't already)
    - Spend some time optimizing battery life for LTE
    - Wait until more people can actually use LTE

Just my thoughts on the matter
    10-08-11 06:51 AM
    Seems there's plenty of people ordering:

US telecommunications giant AT&T Inc says initial demand for the iPhone 4S has made it the most successful iPhone launch the company has ever had.

The company says it received more than 200 thousand pre-orders for the iPhone 4S within the first 12 hours after it started taking taking orders.

Apple is making the latest version of the iPhone available on October 14.
    10-08-11 07:42 AM
    I ordered two. One black for my husband and a white one for myself. My husband has a three year old iPhone3G and I'm sporting a Torch 9800. Very excited for our new phones, a definite upgrade for both of us. For me, the improved camera, iOS 5, FindMyPhone, and Siri were big draws. I still love BlackBerry, but found the Torch lacking and the specs of the new BlackBerries didn't seem to be that great when compared to the 4S.
    10-08-11 08:30 AM
    I ordered two. One black for my husband and a white one for myself. My husband has a three year old iPhone3G and I'm sporting a Torch 9800. Very excited for our new phones, a definite upgrade for both of us. For me, the improved camera, iOS 5, FindMyPhone, and Siri were big draws. I still love BlackBerry, but found the Torch lacking and the specs of the new BlackBerries didn't seem to be that great when compared to the 4S.
    Good choice IMO. The new BBs are great, but IMO they even have a hard time competing with the smoothness of iOS5 on an iPhone 4. I am sure the iPhone 4S is going to be a great upgrade for you and your husband. Enjoy.
    10-08-11 10:04 AM
    I ordered a 16gb in white I really hope it arrives on the 14th

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-11 10:34 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD