So i have jailbroken my iPhone 4 from Jailbreakme.com which was very simple and easy by the way, and i wanted to know if anyone else has done it.

What are the reasons you've done it and what apps are you using?
    08-06-10 05:25 PM
    I jailbroke mine the moment it came out on Sunday
    08-06-10 06:01 PM
    jb here too

lockinfo
    sbsettings
    5 icon dock
    my3g
    nexus live wallpapers

apps im using, plus gotta have my different themes
    08-06-10 06:56 PM
    I did mine Sunday evening as well. Mainly for the themes, I have like 8 that Ive handpicked so far. One of the apps that was mentioned above that I really like is LockInfo lockscreen.
    08-06-10 07:30 PM
    I did and restored within the same day. I'll wait a little to have them iron out the bugs. I don't tweak my phone that much so it wasn't worth it to me to keep the jailbreak.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-10 11:09 PM
    I did 2 das ago, tried to do a restore today and the restore stopped almost upon completion and never finished.. tried everything, many times, finally went to apple store and had them restore it for me, of course it was in recovery mode. So i think im gonna wait a bit before i try again, i miss the good old days when it was complicated to jailbreak but worked flawlessly....
    08-06-10 11:55 PM
    I was thinking about it but a friend of mines did it and was complaining about faster battery drain. I want lockinfo but not giving up my battery for it.
    08-07-10 01:05 AM
    True. And I hate the headaches that go with restoring my phone so no, JB doesn't appeal to me at all. And I don't hesitate in getting the new OS Updates as soon as they arrive.

JB is cool for others but not for me. I HATE restoring.
    08-07-10 04:30 AM
    I did mine Sunday evening as well. Mainly for the themes, I have like 8 that Ive handpicked so far. One of the apps that was mentioned above that I really like is LockInfo lockscreen.
    is that a cydget? i cant get those to work for me how did you do this?
    08-07-10 04:57 AM
    is that a cydget? i cant get those to work for me how did you do this?
    Its an app. called LockInfo, found on Cydia. You also have to install Weather Plug In for LockInfo, also found in Cydia. I have experienced zero drain on my battery due to this app.
    Last edited by pilsbury; 08-07-10 at 07:30 AM.
    08-07-10 07:23 AM
    I jailbroke mine the same day it was released, mainly for themes and LockInfo.
    08-07-10 08:22 AM
    Lockinfo is amazing, i just installed it, and wow reminds me of android with the whole drop down menu.
    08-07-10 08:41 PM
    Get clockhide and lockweather plugin, itll fix that huge gap with the clock taking up so much space (plus give you an HTC Sense-like clock with weather icon on the clock face)
    08-07-10 09:02 PM
    No need to JB.
    08-07-10 09:17 PM
    Get clockhide and lockweather plugin, itll fix that huge gap with the clock taking up so much space (plus give you an HTC Sense-like clock with weather icon on the clock face)
    thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot
    08-07-10 09:24 PM
    oooops i did it again, couldn't help myself, jailbroke just to have lockinfo, couldn't live without it.
    08-09-10 11:39 AM
    Sweet I never knew about lockinfo until watching top apps for cydia on YouTube them hearing people rave about it in this thread
    08-09-10 11:49 AM
    I haven't. A jailbreak was a must on my 3GS whenever it was out. But now I'm pretty
    satisfied with the way my phone is now. All but one of my most used apps have the
    multi-tasking feature. And multi-tasking was the main reason I jail broke in the past.
    08-11-10 02:47 PM
    I jailbroke my iPhone 4 just because it was easy, didnt really need to. What happened? I bricked it. Took me half a day to reload the OS. No need for a jailbreak with the 4.
    08-11-10 03:03 PM
    One of the things that i miss most from my BB is profiles. Does anyone know if i JB the ip4 if i would be able to get an app that would offer me this? Or even o an APP in the app store that you guys recommend?
    08-11-10 03:20 PM
    Very true i have jailbroken mine and the only things i have downloaded is lockinfo, and makeitmine. I don't really need much else but that. Apple has implemented most of what we were jailbreaking our devices for.
    08-11-10 03:24 PM
    I jailbreak so I can unlock my phone. I travel a lot and like to use local SIMs whenever I can.
    08-11-10 04:22 PM
    BTW, iOS 4.0.2 is out. If you want to keep your jailbreak, don't update. The update fixes the security holes that allowed the jailbreak in the first place.
    08-11-10 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD