I bought this for my mother who is about to pick up her white iphone 4 next week. Went over to Otterbox's website and it says that it's not compatible with the white iphone 4 due to the slight movement of the proximity sensor. Was this an old posting on Otterbox's website, does anyone use the defender on a white iphone 4 and do you experience problems?
    05-14-11 02:35 PM
    I've seen someone here and over at tipb forums talking about how their otterbox won't fit right. Not because of the proximity sensor necessarily. But because the front glass is about .02 mm thicker than the black one.
    05-14-11 03:31 PM
    I've got an iPhone 4 with a white otter box defender case and it fits mine perfectly. Best case I've ever bought!
    05-14-11 03:47 PM
    I've got an iPhone 4 with a white otter box defender case and it fits mine perfectly. Best case I've ever bought!
    its the actual white iphone thats the problem.
    05-14-11 07:46 PM
    I've seen someone here and over at tipb forums talking about how their otterbox won't fit right. Not because of the proximity sensor necessarily. But because the front glass is about .02 mm thicker than the black one.
    I'm not sure about other hard cases but for the otterbox it says right on the website it's because of that sensor. Sucks because my mom lives in northern Canada and it's a harsh climate. Need a case that's very protective and durable but it looks like it will be a while before these become available.
    05-14-11 08:05 PM
    Voltaire, also look at the Ballistic case. If you must stay with Otter, the Commuter provides a great level of protection in and of itself.
    05-14-11 10:57 PM
    its the actual white iphone thats the problem.
    I have the white iPhone 4 with a white otter box case...
    05-15-11 11:54 AM
    Voltaire, also look at the Ballistic case. If you must stay with Otter, the Commuter provides a great level of protection in and of itself.
    Also not compatible with the white iphone.
    AT&T iPhone 4 Ballistic HC Series Case - AT&T - Ballistic HC (Hard Core) - Clearance - iPhone 4 Cases - AT&T - Ballistic Cases
    05-15-11 03:06 PM
    I don't know why everyone is making a big deal with the iPhone 4 being a little thicker. My white iPhone 4 fits perfectly in my white otterbox case. There's no difference.
    05-15-11 06:44 PM
    I just came back from a store that sells Otterbox and on some of the cases of the defender it says "Compatible with all Iphone 4's". Not sure if this means carrier's or the black/white phones. Will call Otterbox tomorrow.
    05-15-11 08:37 PM
    I just came back from a store that sells Otterbox and on some of the cases of the defender it says "Compatible with all Iphone 4's". Not sure if this means carrier's or the black/white phones. Will call Otterbox tomorrow.
    It fits my iPhone 4 fine. Don't waste your time.
    05-15-11 10:37 PM
    Otterbox website says not compatible with white iPhone 4. My otterbox defender will not fit on my wifes white iPhone 4. I tried it
    05-20-11 12:02 PM
    Took my Otterbox Defender apart yesterday to clean it for the first time since I bought it in April 2011. I noticed some cracks in the plastic. So I emailed Otterbox about replacement. While I was waiting for a reply I was looking on their website and it said that the Defender case isn't compatible with the white iphone 4. I had no idea!

I got an email back from Otterbox that replacing my case is no problem. I was asked to take a photo of the damage for proof of ownership and email back.

I decided to ask for a refund since the Defender is not compatible with my phone, and the other cases are of less value/quality. I found Ivyskin has a built in screen protector case that is compatible with Iphone white. I love the built in protector. Those plastic adhesive things are ridiculous. Hate 'em.

I sent them a photo of the original box in which which says fits all versions of Iphone 4, a copy of my original receipt, and a picture of the damaged case.

I never had any problem using my Defender Otterbox with my phone. Never noticed it didn't fit. It was great till I noticed the cracks.
    08-21-11 08:35 AM
    The White iPhone is slightly thicker than the black one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 09:09 AM
    Yes, I know it is slightly thicker.

Upon further look my proxmity sensor does not work when it is in the Otterbox Defender case. I googled it and others had used a sharpie to fix the problem, but it didn't work for me.

Definitely want my money back so I can get something different. I thought Iphone was just a sucky phone. Every phone call I made was either muted or an attempt at facetime was made when I put the phone up to my cheek. So glad to know it's my case and not my phone!!!!!! (Don't use the phone feature that often)
    08-21-11 09:23 AM
    I had to pull out the clear plastic up there for my wife's to work. But alas she is now rocking a Speck Candyshell as am I.

08-21-11 10:53 AM
    I bought my Otterbox Defender last year around October when I still had a black
    iPhone 4. I have a white one now and I swear to you it fits just fine.
    08-21-11 12:49 PM
    White ip4 with black otterbox here. Fits great. I only use it on weekends when I do outside housework.

08-21-11 10:02 PM
    My wife just order the odderbox for my blk i4, hopefully I'll like it...
    08-22-11 02:49 AM
    I have a black otterbox for my iPhone 4 (black with the white trimming) nice and fits good. I really hate the bulk of any case but after dropping my iPhone twice with the case on I was very fortunate that it was protected otherwise the glass would have shattered my heart.
    08-26-11 07:31 PM
    I ordered the Commuter - it's one of the Otterbox cases that IS compatible with the White model.
    08-27-11 09:18 PM
    I like how people are going to tell you to just buy the case because it fits fine on their phone. It seems people don't read any kind of information. No one ever said every "White" iphone 4 would be affected but obviously to rid themselves of a headache and for the consumers otterbox just decided to put a ALL TAG in their disclaimer. I'm not trying to discouraging people from trying to see if it works but for the people that did purchase a case that fits and doesn't affect the proximity sensor please stop telling people it's going to work for them because it worked for you.
    10-08-11 12:15 PM
    I know this is an old thread, but the newer 4s Otterbox Defender series are compatible with the white iPhone 4's.
    11-15-11 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD