does anyone have this issue as well?
    my phone is maybe two weeks old has never been dropped or mishandled.
    do you think i can go into the apple store and have it replace?
    thank you in advance.
    07-02-09 03:31 PM
    does anyone have this issue as well?
    my phone is maybe two weeks old has never been dropped or mishandled.
    do you think i can go into the apple store and have it replace?
    thank you in advance.
    Yep they will probably replace it if they determine you did nothing for it to crack. That would most likely be determine by seeing if there are any scuffs marks giving the impression that it has been dropped or something.
    07-02-09 03:41 PM
    This is a very common issue with the iPhone 3G and 3GS plastic backing, and even more common with the white plastic back. You shouldn't have any issues getting a replacement as most Apple retail store "Geniuses" are informed of the issue.
    07-02-09 03:42 PM
    I used to have a white iPhone 3G. I noticed small cracks forming by the headphone jack and charging port. It is a rather common issue, particularly with the white iPhones. I had my previous iPhone 3G replaced twice for this same issue. Just schedule an appointment at the Genius Bar.
    07-03-09 03:13 PM
    i havent had any yet, but ill be on the look out
    07-04-09 05:57 AM
    i havent had any yet, but ill be on the look out

Traitor!
    07-04-09 07:20 AM
    Same no problems with mine either (hope it stays that). I will keep an eye out for this though. Never happened to my black 3G, but as other have said, it's more common with the white one.
    07-04-09 12:47 PM
    Hmmm my white 3G is a year old, no cracks at all. I think the problem is more like user denya droppa itus if you ask me.
    07-04-09 01:01 PM
    user denya droppa itus
    Lol. Should add that to the dictionary.
    07-04-09 01:20 PM
    I believe that the cracking is on both black and white iPhones, its just more noticeable on the white ones. Just like scratches are more noticeable on black ones. It's a tradeoff! Luckily they will replace it though!
    07-05-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD