Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
Like Tree1Likes
  1. omniusovermind's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,772 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Where's the MacOS tablet?

    For $700 I can buy the newest iPad, which will only run App Store apps, and fairly basic connections to my Desktop/laptop activities. If I spend only $50 more than that, I can buy a full 10" laptop with a tablet that detaches from the keyboard, excellent build quality, specs that are much better than the iPad 4, aaaand running a full desktop OS that has touchscreen functions. Where's the MacOS touchscreen desktop/laptop OS on a tablet....? Because iOS isn't one. You just got trumped Apple. On the bright side, I'm sure Apple enthusiast will be pleased as punch when the MacBook firesales start.
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
  2. FFR
    FFR is offline
    FFR's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,085 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,546 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    For $700 I can buy the newest iPad, which will only run App Store apps, and fairly basic connections to my Desktop/laptop activities. If I spend only $50 more than that, I can buy a full 10" laptop with a tablet that detaches from the keyboard, excellent build quality, specs that are much better than the iPad 4, aaaand running a full desktop OS that has touchscreen functions. Where's the MacOS touchscreen desktop/laptop OS on a tablet....? Because iOS isn't one. You just got trumped Apple. On the bright side, I'm sure Apple enthusiast will be pleased as punch when the MacBook firesales start.
    Here you go

    http://www.modbook.com/


    Last edited by FFR; 11-03-2012 at 05:03 PM.
  3. omniusovermind's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,772 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Lamers gonna link lame products :-)
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
  4. FFR
    FFR is offline
    FFR's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,085 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,546 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    Lamers gonna link lame products :-)
    What was the point of your thread?

    Here:
  5. Roo Zilla's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,363 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,592 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Surface RT isn't really a full blown desktop OS, it also only runs Windows Store apps. When Surface Pro is available, then it will really be a true desktop class OS, but it will cost significantly more than an iPad. The Acer Iconia W700 for example will cost about $1200USD.

    Cost comparisons to laptops..... there's no point really. It's always been possible to buy a full blown Windows laptop for less than the price of an iPad. You can get an ultrabook for the price of a fully loaded iPad, and it would be a much more powerful and capable machine. The thing is, you don't get an iPad for the full blown desktop experience, you would get the MacBook Air if that was your preference. The iPad is a basically an easy to use consumption device. It was never meant to be a laptop replacement.

    Will Apple make a MacOS touchscreen tablet with a detachable keyboard? Who knows. If they do though, I guarantee it will cost more than a similar Windows machine, but it will be a really nice computer and I'll probably buy one.
  6. xandermac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,683 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108
    #6  

    Default Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    For $700 I can buy the newest iPad, which will only run App Store apps, and fairly basic connections to my Desktop/laptop activities. If I spend only $50 more than that, I can buy a full 10" laptop with a tablet that detaches from the keyboard, excellent build quality, specs that are much better than the iPad 4, aaaand running a full desktop OS that has touchscreen functions. Where's the MacOS touchscreen desktop/laptop OS on a tablet....? Because iOS isn't one. You just got trumped Apple. On the bright side, I'm sure Apple enthusiast will be pleased as punch when the MacBook firesales start.
    iPads start at $329. I know you're trying to prove a point but still....


    Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    Twitter: xandermac
  7. Seijuro's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    677 Posts
    #7  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    For $700 I can buy the newest iPad, which will only run App Store apps, and fairly basic connections to my Desktop/laptop activities. If I spend only $50 more than that, I can buy a full 10" laptop with a tablet that detaches from the keyboard, excellent build quality, specs that are much better than the iPad 4, aaaand running a full desktop OS that has touchscreen functions. Where's the MacOS touchscreen desktop/laptop OS on a tablet....? Because iOS isn't one. You just got trumped Apple. On the bright side, I'm sure Apple enthusiast will be pleased as punch when the MacBook firesales start.


    just had to post it again, too good..
  8. omniusovermind's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,772 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Wow, I knew you Apple folks were a little cultish but let's not spin doctor so much. First of all, who's talking about the Surface RT here? Not me. I'm referring to products like the Samsung Ativ Smart PC 500t. I realize you want to bring up the Surface RT because it makes your argument more tidy. Unfortunately I'm not even referring to that device. Then to link me what's nothing more than a $3500 stylus pen slate running a regular desktop OS that's not even touchscreen optimized is as I said, a lame attempt to put a spin on to make a point. Eat crow indeed. I'm going to assume you're just deliberately acting like a clown instead of being serious since all you've done is post nonsensical links and the type of joke pics you'd share with your FB friends.
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
    axeman1000 (11-04-2012) 
  9. Seijuro's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    677 Posts
    #9  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    someones mad
  10. xandermac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,683 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108
    #10  

    Default Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    Wow, I knew you Apple folks were a little cultish but let's not spin doctor so much. First of all, who's talking about the Surface RT here? Not me. I'm referring to products like the Samsung Ativ Smart PC 500t. I realize you want to bring up the Surface RT because it makes your argument more tidy. Unfortunately I'm not even referring to that device. Then to link me what's nothing more than a $3500 stylus pen slate running a regular desktop OS that's not even touchscreen optimized is as I said, a lame attempt to put a spin on to make a point. Eat crow indeed. I'm going to assume you're just deliberately acting like a clown instead of being serious since all you've done is post nonsensical links and the type of joke pics you'd share with your FB friends.
    You're obviously here to be a belligerent tool, good luck with that.


    Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    Twitter: xandermac
  11. omniusovermind's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,772 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Someones mad
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
  12. Roo Zilla's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,363 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,592 Global Posts
    #12  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    Wow, I knew you Apple folks were a little cultish but let's not spin doctor so much. First of all, who's talking about the Surface RT here? Not me. I'm referring to products like the Samsung Ativ Smart PC 500t. I realize you want to bring up the Surface RT because it makes your argument more tidy. Unfortunately I'm not even referring to that device. Then to link me what's nothing more than a $3500 stylus pen slate running a regular desktop OS that's not even touchscreen optimized is as I said, a lame attempt to put a spin on to make a point. Eat crow indeed. I'm going to assume you're just deliberately acting like a clown instead of being serious since all you've done is post nonsensical links and the type of joke pics you'd share with your FB friends.
    In your initial post, you never mentioned the particular device, so I assumed you were talking about a full blown i5 laptop replacement. I guess I was wrong. The Samsung 500t is running an Atom processor.... basically, it's a next generation netbook, and it will perform like one. Maybe it's better now, but previous generation netbooks had difficulty doing basic things like playing H.264 video in Hi-Def. User experience on any Atom powered Windows machine will be lacking, or else nobody would buy i5-i7 machines. I'm sure there's a market for such a device, but it's not the same market for an iPad buyer. Let me reiterate, the iPad was designed for easy to use media consumption and games. It was never meant to be a laptop replacement. Apple's version of a netbook is the MacBook Air. I guess you can pay $749 for this Samsung Atom powered tablet with detachable keyboard (which costs $99 extra), or you can pay $999 for a MacBook Air running a dual-core i5. The same option has been available to iPad buyers, a 64GB iPad costs $699 (or $829 with wireless), and for $300 you can buy a MBA, but consumers have chosen the iPad.
  13. omniusovermind's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,772 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roo Zilla View Post
    In your initial post, you never mentioned the particular device, so I assumed you were talking about a full blown i5 laptop replacement. I guess I was wrong. The Samsung 500t is running an Atom processor.... basically, it's a next generation netbook, and it will perform like one. Maybe it's better now, but previous generation netbooks had difficulty doing basic things like playing H.264 video in Hi-Def. User experience on any Atom powered Windows machine will be lacking, or else nobody would buy i5-i7 machines. I'm sure there's a market for such a device, but it's not the same market for an iPad buyer. Let me reiterate, the iPad was designed for easy to use media consumption and games. It was never meant to be a laptop replacement. Apple's version of a netbook is the MacBook Air. I guess you can pay $749 for this Samsung Atom powered tablet with detachable keyboard (which costs $99 extra), or you can pay $999 for a MacBook Air running a dual-core i5. The same option has been available to iPad buyers, a 64GB iPad costs $699 (or $829 with wireless), and for $300 you can buy a MBA, but consumers have chosen the iPad.
    You're making a point of debate here but you're ending up agreeing with me: A 64GB iPad is a tablet running a tablet OS for $700. The Ativ is a tablet for $750 running a full OS. Why would I bother with a tablet OS for roughly the same price when I can run a full OS? Aside from your points about netbook Atom processors, because the new generation (clover trail) is quite good so you really shouldn't be foisting the faults of older netbooks onto these current Intel clover trail chips as part of your argument. The keyboard is included as well, it's not $99 extra (unless you're dealing with a scammer retailer?). My price source is Samsung themselves, as well as Amazon, both of which indicate the keyboard included.

    So this brings me back once more to the beginning question: where's Apple's OSX answer to these full Windows 8 tablets? Because they're going to need one.
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
  14. Seijuro's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    677 Posts
    #14  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    i initially wrote a much longer post, but i feel like that's not necessary
    i really dont think apple needs a new strategy, a new answer for those kind of tablets, at least not right now - iPads are doing mighty fine

    and you're talking about a full desktop experience ? to each their own, but.. a netbook/tablet with 2GB RAM and other "pathetic" specs can hardly give me a real desktop experience, but to each their own
    im currently using a 15'' MBP with 8GB RAM + the best processor for it etc. and that gives me a true desktop experience
    samsung 500t? not even close
    but then again.. a netbook isn't meant to have the best specs available, it really comes down to personal preference - i couldn't stand it


    im not a real tablet-fan, but i'd much rather choose a good tablet-os experience than a bad desktop-os experience which only frustrates me
    i dont have an iPad, but i feel like the iPad with it's iOS, all the great app's etc. would give me a better time than the samsung 500t

    apple really has nothing to worry about : >
  15. omniusovermind's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,772 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Seijuro View Post
    i initially wrote a much longer post, but i feel like that's not necessary
    i really dont think apple needs a new strategy, a new answer for those kind of tablets, at least not right now - iPads are doing mighty fine

    and you're talking about a full desktop experience ? to each their own, but.. a netbook/tablet with 2GB RAM and other "pathetic" specs can hardly give me a real desktop experience, but to each their own
    im currently using a 15'' MBP with 8GB RAM + the best processor for it etc. and that gives me a true desktop experience
    samsung 500t? not even close
    but then again.. a netbook isn't meant to have the best specs available, it really comes down to personal preference - i couldn't stand it


    im not a real tablet-fan, but i'd much rather choose a good tablet-os experience than a bad desktop-os experience which only frustrates me
    i dont have an iPad, but i feel like the iPad with it's iOS, all the great app's etc. would give me a better time than the samsung 500t

    apple really has nothing to worry about : >
    Nobody in this thread said anything about using it to replace your main home PC (at least I didn't, and I'm the OP)
    If iPad gives you a better time, good for you. I'd rather be able to install actual x86 windows programs on my tab instead of just "apps". I'd rather be able to install the exact same programs on my tablet that are running on my main desktop, have my tablet match my home network's OS structure exactly, place portable hard drives, printers and a host of other peripherals in my USB port and all the other things that just a mobile OS has limits to. Not sure why my Windows 8 tablet needs to be a power machine... were you planning on running AutoCAD on your iPad? So then why would you need to run it on this Ativ?
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
  16. Roo Zilla's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,363 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,592 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    You're making a point of debate here but you're ending up agreeing with me: A 64GB iPad is a tablet running a tablet OS for $700. The Ativ is a tablet for $750 running a full OS. Why would I bother with a tablet OS for roughly the same price when I can run a full OS? Aside from your points about netbook Atom processors, because the new generation (clover trail) is quite good so you really shouldn't be foisting the faults of older netbooks onto these current Intel clover trail chips as part of your argument. The keyboard is included as well, it's not $99 extra (unless you're dealing with a scammer retailer?). My price source is Samsung themselves, as well as Amazon, both of which indicate the keyboard included.

    So this brings me back once more to the beginning question: where's Apple's OSX answer to these full Windows 8 tablets? Because they're going to need one.
    You're missing the point, so I'll highlight it:

    Let me reiterate, the iPad was designed for easy to use media consumption and games. It was never meant to be a laptop replacement.

    If you're going to get into the argument about why someone would buy an iPad over the 500t, I can make the same argument why someone would buy a 500t over an ultrabook if they wanted a full windows experience. People who buy iPads do not want the full laptop/desktop experience, because that is not what they're looking for. A regular laptop could always be had for less than $500, which is much more powerful than any iPad, but iPads still sell. As I previously stated, a much more powerful i5 MacBook Air has always been available, for only a few hundred over a high end iPad, but again, iPads still sell.

    Perhaps you're right about the keyboard, I saw a Singapore site, and it seems they're the only ones charging for it. Of course the new Atom is better than previous version, and I stated it should be, but it will be nothing like the power of an i5-i7. Perhaps it won't stutter playing H.264 anymore, but I suspect running full blown windows on it will be less than satisfying. Will a line of Atom based tablets running full Windows make Apple re-think their offerings? I strongly doubt it. If anything, it's the i5-i7 tablets/ultrabooks that might make Apple think twice and perhaps offer a touch based MacBook Air.
  17. Roo Zilla's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,363 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,592 Global Posts
    #17  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    Nobody in this thread said anything about using it to replace your main home PC (at least I didn't, and I'm the OP)
    If iPad gives you a better time, good for you. I'd rather be able to install actual x86 windows programs on my tab instead of just "apps".
    That's the thing exactly. People who buy iPads have no interest in doing that.

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    I'd rather be able to install the exact same programs on my tablet that are running on my main desktop, have my tablet match my home network's OS structure exactly, place portable hard drives, printers and a host of other peripherals in my USB port and all the other things that just a mobile OS has limits to. Not sure why my Windows 8 tablet needs to be a power machine... were you planning on running AutoCAD on your iPad? So then why would you need to run it on this Ativ?
    People who buy iPads have no interest in doing that either.

    Of course the opposite also holds true. People interested in doing the above stuff have no interest in an iPad.
  18. xandermac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,683 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108
    #18  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Twitter: xandermac
  19. xandermac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,683 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108
    #19  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    Why would I bother with a tablet OS for roughly the same price when I can run a full OS?
    Why ask us? Just get what suits your needs. That won't ever be an os-x tablet but I'm sure something will work out for you.
    Twitter: xandermac
  20. xandermac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,683 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108
    #20  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    So this brings me back once more to the beginning question: where's Apple's OSX answer to these full Windows 8 tablets? Because they're going to need one.
    Are they? Are they really? Seems like they're doing okay so far while the others sell 1 or 2.
    Twitter: xandermac
  21. xandermac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,683 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108
    #21  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    were you planning on running AutoCAD on your iPad?
    Actually, yes. I use AutoCadWS in the field often on my iPad.
    Twitter: xandermac
  22. omniusovermind's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,772 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Actually, yes. I use AutoCadWS in the field often on my iPad.
    Cool. Those poor guys with laptops... I suppose they have to be content with this:

    Edit DWGs online. No software needed
    WEB APP
    Open and edit DWG files with just a web browser and from any computer. Manage and edit drawing files using a powerful set of AutoCADİ tools

    The stuff you can do with a real x86 browser is neat huh?

    el oh el.

    But hey, if you have the money guess what? The system requirements for actually installing a REAL autocad LT are pretty close to that Sammy tablet bud. Regardless, that was just an example. I'm only saying that in case you're one of those straw graspers who will tunnel vision this topic to be all about AutoCAD, because your arguments against the actual main topic are really weak.

    Quote Originally Posted by xandermac View Post
    Are they? Are they really? Seems like they're doing okay so far while the others sell 1 or 2.
    Eventually yes they will. Or are you under the impression that technological devices need never evolve? Are you? Are you really? I like to give people the benefit of the doubt so I don't think you seriously believe that. Mobile OS's are here right now because we didn't have the tech to run full OS's on small tablets with ARM processors affordably. The hardware has now evolved to the point where we're beginning to be able to, and it's just getting started. You should already know (I hope), since you're going to delve into debating about tech with me, that technology evolves to allow more power into smaller devices. I know I'm being a captain obvious here but I'm trying to keep it easy for your benefit. It's only a matter of time before tablets are running 8x Core CPU's or something equivalent, and able to run even the most memory and CPU intensive x86 programs. So yep. Apple's going to need to be ready to evolve into something beyond just an iOS tablet. In fact their R&D dept. should already be looking at it. Your type of thinking is why some companies stop innovating and sit lazily on a brand name until they end up like RIM and Nokia struggling to keep up and wondering why and how it happened.
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
  23. xandermac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,683 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108
    #23  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    Cool. Those poor guys with laptops... I suppose they have to be content with this:

    Edit DWGs online. No software needed
    WEB APP
    Open and edit DWG files with just a web browser and from any computer. Manage and edit drawing files using a powerful set of AutoCADİ tools

    The stuff you can do with a real x86 browser is neat huh?

    el oh el.

    But hey, if you have the money guess what? The system requirements for actually installing a REAL autocad LT are pretty close to that Sammy tablet bud. Regardless, that was just an example. I'm only saying that in case you're one of those straw graspers who will tunnel vision this topic to be all about AutoCAD, because your arguments against the actual main topic are really weak.



    Eventually yes they will. Or are you under the impression that technological devices need never evolve? Are you? Are you really? I like to give people the benefit of the doubt so I don't think you seriously believe that. Mobile OS's are here right now because we didn't have the tech to run full OS's on small tablets with ARM processors affordably. The hardware has now evolved to the point where we're beginning to be able to, and it's just getting started. You should already know (I hope), since you're going to delve into debating about tech with me, that technology evolves to allow more power into smaller devices. I know I'm being a captain obvious here but I'm trying to keep it easy for your benefit. It's only a matter of time before tablets are running 8x Core CPU's or something equivalent, and able to run even the most memory and CPU intensive x86 programs. So yep. Apple's going to need to be ready to evolve into something beyond just an iOS tablet. In fact their R&D dept. should already be looking at it. Your type of thinking is why some companies stop innovating and sit lazily on a brand name until they end up like RIM and Nokia struggling to keep up and wondering why and how it happened.
    Nice, you managed to squeeze a number of personal attacks into 1 reply. Impressive.
    Twitter: xandermac
  24. omniusovermind's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,772 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    none actually.

    1. I said I'd keep it easy for your benefit because I don't feel you understand the topic
    2. I said in case you're one of those straw graspers
    3. "Your type of thinking is why some companies stop innovating" That's true. But it doesn't qualify as a personal attack.
    4. "your arguments against the actual main topic are really weak" Once again true, and once again doesn't qualify as a personal attack

    So in summary: Nice try. What I get out of this is that you cannot debate me so you're resorting to using dirty tactics in order to silence me. Is that about right? If that's the case let me point out the absolute hypocrisy of your attitude. In this very same thread you said, and I quote you:

    You're obviously here to be a belligerent tool, good luck with that.
    You have one massive set of stones to pull that personal attack nonsense on me. Anything else? Negating your arguments is getting boring due to the lack of challenge.
    Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
    Nexus 4
  25. xandermac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,683 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,722 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108
    #25  

    Default Re: Where's the MacOS tablet?

    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    none actually.

    1. I said I'd keep it easy for your benefit because I don't feel you understand the topic
    2. I said in case you're one of those straw graspers
    3. "Your type of thinking is why some companies stop innovating" That's true. But it doesn't qualify as a personal attack.
    4. "your arguments against the actual main topic are really weak" Once again true, and once again doesn't qualify as a personal attack

    So in summary: Nice try. What I get out of this is that you cannot debate me so you're resorting to using dirty tactics in order to silence me. Is that about right? If that's the case let me point out the absolute hypocrisy of your attitude. In this very same thread you said, and I quote you:



    You have one massive set of stones to pull that personal attack nonsense on me. Anything else? Negating your arguments is getting boring due to the lack of challenge.
    Once again, iPads start at $329, not the $700 you stated. They're selling rather well, three million this weekend alone. I doubt Apple see the need for an OS-X tablet at this point. Where is the Apple OS-X tablet? Nowhere, that's where.

    If you want an OS-X tablet (which I highly doubt) go make one like others have. Until Apple decide to make one complaining here won't really get you anywhere. Perhaps suggest it to Apple, they may heed your expert advice considering how poorly they're doing, they could use the boost. However, I don't believe for a second your intent is to promote discussion or debate the merits of a Mac tablet, rather flame and incite so i'll leave you to it.
    Twitter: xandermac
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. In the Tablet Wars, where does the PlayBook rank?
    By ren.saiyuri in forum BlackBerry PlayBook
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 08:20 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 08:59 PM
  3. Where is the best place to buy 8300 curve
    By dm7864 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 04:13 PM
  4. 7100i; where's the folder?
    By turnupthevolume in forum Older BlackBerrys
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 08:26 PM
  5. Where does the 8830 store the mail?
    By beth98 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 03:42 PM

Posting Permissions