Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Roo Zilla's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default WhatsApp! is free for now.

    I don't know for how long, but WhatsApp! is free for now. It might be a one day promo or something, maybe longer. Anyway, if you wanted to try it out, but didn't want to shell out the $1 for it, now's your chance.
  2. Morten's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,183 Posts
    PIN
    ask nicely
    #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roo Zilla View Post
    I don't know for how long, but WhatsApp! is free for now. It might be a one day promo or something, maybe longer. Anyway, if you wanted to try it out, but didn't want to shell out the $1 for it, now's your chance.
    As far as I know - WhatsApp has been "first year free" since... many years ago....
  3. bitek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,309 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,441 Global Posts
    #3  

    Default Re: WhatsApp! is free for now.

    weird that they do this for bb7 but they said are not planning to support bb10

    Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    MyHomeSpace.ca and MyCondoSpace.ca
  4. Roo Zilla's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lindstrom View Post
    As far as I know - WhatsApp has been "first year free" since... many years ago....
    It has never been free for iOS.
  5. Maxey05's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    618 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    BlackBerry users get the first year free! iOS users have to pay up front in order to download the app. And I think Android users also get it free for the first year.. It's only $1.. It's worth it. It's just as good as BBM if not better!

    But they are working on support for BB10 right now!..
  6. xandermac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,409 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,448 Global Posts
    PIN
    268CF108
    #6  

    Default

    I paid for it long ago. Nice that it's free for a bit though.
    Twitter: xandermac
  7. Frosty_Power's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    546 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxey05 View Post
    BlackBerry users get the first year free! iOS users have to pay up front in order to download the app. And I think Android users also get it free for the first year.. It's only $1.. It's worth it. It's just as good as BBM if not better!

    But they are working on support for BB10 right now!..
    Sorry, but it's not even close to BBM. I've used Whatsapp on every platform and it's not even close to BBM. I find message delivery doesn't work great a lot of the time on iOS. I sometimes have to click on the icon to receive all my messages. Best thing about Whatsapp is you only have to pay for it once to use it on all the platforms. Pop in your SIM in a different phone and configure it and your off and running.
    7230>7780>8700>8100>8300>9000>8900>9700>9800>9860> 9900>Z10>Q10
    Currently a new Z30, the best phone I've ever had hands down.
    Several iPhones, Androids, and WP in between.
  8. Maxey05's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    618 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default WhatsApp! is free for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty_Power View Post
    Sorry, but it's not even close to BBM. I've used Whatsapp on every platform and it's not even close to BBM. I find message delivery doesn't work great a lot of the time on iOS. I sometimes have to click on the icon to receive all my messages. Best thing about Whatsapp is you only have to pay for it once to use it on all the platforms. Pop in your SIM in a different phone and configure it and your off and running.
    They both have their advantages, but BBM is more consistent. Whatsapp is nice because most people I know don't have BlackBerrys and BBM.. So Whatsapp is a great alternative.

    You just have to leave Whatsapp open all the time for it to work on iOS.

Similar Threads

  1. JailbreakMe.com is live! *for now*
    By The Gift in forum Apple iPhone/iPad
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-19-2011, 02:22 PM
  2. GemClix Is Free For A Few Days :)
    By MunsieGames in forum PlayBook Apps & Games
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 08:34 PM
  3. Weather Plus is FREE for a limited time....
    By mss-ca in forum BlackBerry OS Apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 10:54 PM
  4. Block Breaker Deluxe 2 is free for now.
    By Roo Zilla in forum Apple iPhone/iPad
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-21-2010, 06:35 AM
  5. View TV for free (for now) !!!!
    By dave1812 in forum BlackBerry Storm2
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 03:40 PM

Posting Permissions