So i love my iphone but miss my blackberry, im thinking picking up a used bold and flip-flopping. Whats involved in that and can it be a fast process? Anyone doing it?
    11-17-09 05:17 PM
    I'll be using both a Bold 9700 and an iPod Touch soon.
    I'll do texting/calls/email/internet(when there's no WiFi) on the Bold, and music/apps/games/internet(WiFi) on the iPod Touch.
    It won't really be flip flopping, I'll just carry both devices.
    Last edited by elementunkn; 11-20-09 at 02:16 AM.
    11-18-09 03:05 AM
    Once I get my 9700 today, I plan on switching between it and my iPhone 3GS. What's entailed to switch between a BB and iPhone?
    11-18-09 04:35 AM
    Switching between the iphone and BB is a BIG pain and I wouldn't recommend it.

Here's why; every time you want to switch you have to call your provider to have the data plan changed. Most carriers have different data plans for the BB than other phones because it uses BIS. Therefore, I don't think it's worth it to flip flop between them.

My advice: either just carry your iphone as a media player and wifi web browser. And use your BlackBerry as a phone. The other option is to activate a 2nd line and have both phones at once (call forwarding is your friend).

Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-09 10:17 AM
    Switching between the iphone and BB is a BIG pain and I wouldn't recommend it.

Here's why; every time you want to switch you have to call your provider to have the data plan changed. Most carriers have different data plans for the BB than other phones because it uses BIS. Therefore, I don't think it's worth it to flip flop between them.

My advice: either just carry your iphone as a media player and wifi web browser. And use your BlackBerry as a phone. The other option is to activate a 2nd line and have both phones at once (call forwarding is your friend).

Hope that helps.

Do you have real world evidence to back that up?

There are a number of people, that frequent this forum, that SIM swap between the BB and the Iphone with no issues at all. I plan on it doing it myself. I see that used 3G's have fallen to about $150-180 on craigslist here, so it's about the same as buying a new 8gig touch.

All BB users are used to pulling the battery anyways, so getting to the SIM is common practice. The 3GS (I can't speak for the others), allows the SIM to load right into the side, like the sd card into a Bold, for example.

Pulll battery, remove SIM, plug into Iphone, done. Reverse as needed. Then If you're done playing with your Iphone and need the sure battery longevity of your BB, you're set in under 30 seconds or less (aside from the re-boot time).

If you have a BIS data plan on AT&T, or similar, I've not heard of any need to swap plans. Data is data is data is data, aside from BES plans, obviously.
    11-18-09 05:59 PM
    You will not get internet on an iPhone with a BIS plan and no alterations. I just switched from my Bold to my 3GS and had to call to have my plan switched back to an iPhone plan to use the internet. Unless there is something I don't know about, data from iPhone and data from BIS are different despite the facts its all data...kind of dumb IMO
    11-18-09 09:17 PM
    You will not get internet on an iPhone with a BIS plan and no alterations. I just switched from my Bold to my 3GS and had to call to have my plan switched back to an iPhone plan to use the internet. Unless there is something I don't know about, data from iPhone and data from BIS are different despite the facts its all data...kind of dumb IMO
    Did check out the sticky in this forum, and try that?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f99/how...a-plan-348311/

/It does state that you need to swap to the iphone plan for the first month, and then swap back, as well as modify the WAP connection setting on the Iphone after. I't in this very sub-forum.
    Last edited by bladebarrier; 11-18-09 at 09:50 PM.
    11-18-09 09:42 PM
    Did check out the sticky in this forum, and try that?

/It does state that you need to swap to the iphone plan for the first month, and then swap back, as well as modify the WAP connection setting on the Iphone after. I't in this very sub-forum.
    Didn't see that ahhg. Thanks for that information. I didn't even think to check haha
    11-19-09 01:19 AM
    Sim swapping between the two is very simple. You need to modify the apn on the iPhone first. Then you must stay on a BIS/BES plan.
    11-19-09 02:38 AM
    I'll be flip flopping with a Bold 9700 and an iPod Touch soon.
    I'll do texting/calls/email/internet(when there's no WiFi) on the Bold, and music/apps/games/internet(WiFi) on the iPod Touch.
    I thought the iPod Touch didnt have a sim card holder?
    11-19-09 12:41 PM
    So i love my iphone but miss my blackberry, im thinking picking up a used bold and flip-flopping. Whats involved in that and can it be a fast process? Anyone doing it?
    11-19-09 02:17 PM
    I thought the iPod Touch didnt have a sim card holder?

It doesn't. It can only be used as a mp3 player/wifi connection. I was kinda confused at the post too, unless they changed the iTouch recently, but I don't think they'd do that.. I could be wrong though.
    11-19-09 04:00 PM
    If I put in my sim card into a 3GS and it works fine, am I in the clear?

I called Rogers after using the phone for two days and they said there was no extra charges.

11-19-09 05:40 PM
    If I put in my sim card into a 3GS and it works fine, am I in the clear?

I called Rogers after using the phone for two days and they said there was no extra charges.

I would assume so....

You could always call them anonymously from a different phone, and ask them if it's even an issue. You're paying for unlimited internet on a smartphone, and only using one online at any given time (it's not like two people are using them together). I doubt it's even an issue as far as they're concerned, but better to be safe than sorry.
    11-19-09 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD