I chose to turn off all connections in bedside mode i guess its the same as airplane mode no?
    03-29-14 04:33 PM
    I chose to turn off all connections in bedside mode i guess its the same as airplane mode no?
    I guess kind of. I think bedside mode also runs the phone on as little memory as possible, and gives you the clock display screen with alarms.
    Diogo Cardoso likes this.
    03-29-14 04:36 PM
    So what your saying is that people get an iPhone hate it and only keep it because if marketing? That makes zero sense.

People keep it because:

The keyboard works for a large number of people extremely well. I can type more accurately on iOS that I can on any other device. (I had an iPhone at work and it was much less convenient typing than my Z10, much worse to use accurately)

There is no better multimedia device on the market.

It is very competent as a business phone. Business professionals use them around the world. They use it because everyone else uses one. They're sheep.

Apple's customer service is second to none.

A wide variety of extremely useful apps. How many apps does one need? I use 6 or 8 apps of the 40 or so that I have on my Z10. In the AppStore, 600,000 apps have never been downloaded. How useful can they be?

The absolute best device to use as a workout companion. You need your phone as a workout companion?

One of the best camera' s and video camera's on the market. the Lumia cameras are better.

No worrying about memory usage or using a task manager to close files.

The largest selection of media anywhere.

I have both a BB Z30, Z10 and I also have an iPhone 5S. There is nothing that the BB can do that the iPhone can't do, whether you want to accept that or not. Do they do it in different ways, yes, but the exact same thing can be accomplished.

And yes, there are things that it can do that no other device can do (cross platform messaging, wireless iCloud backup, iTunes Match, photos taken from the phone instantly and wirelessly transferred to all devices, to name a few). Cross platform messaging? Really? I have had no problem messaging to other platforms (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone). Wireless iCloud backup? Every smartphone has that capacity.

The above are just a few reasons why people keep it. Is it perfect no, but no device is and as much as we'd ll like to believe that people won't switch because they are stupid, that is just not reality.
    03-29-14 04:51 PM
    So what your saying is that people get an iPhone hate it and only keep it because if marketing? That makes zero sense.

People keep it because:

The keyboard works for a large number of people extremely well. I can type more accurately on iOS that I can on any other device.

It is very competent as a business phone. Business professionals use them around the world.

A wide variety of extremely useful apps.

The absolute best device to use as a workout companion.

One of the best camera' s and video camera's on the market.

I have both a BB Z30, Z10 and I also have an iPhone 5S. There is nothing that the BB can do that the iPhone can't do, whether you want to accept that or not. Do they do it in different ways, yes, but the exact same thing can be accomplished.

And yes, there are things that it can do that no other device can do (cross platform messaging, wireless iCloud backup, iTunes Match, photos taken from the phone instantly and wirelessly transferred to all devices, to name a few).

The above are just a few reasons why people keep it. Is it perfect no, but no device is and as much as we'd ll like to believe that people won't switch because they are stupid, that is just not reality.
    Lol

Posted via BlackBerry Q10Bold
    03-29-14 05:05 PM
    Lol..

What makes the iPhone a better workout companion?

Can your iPhone connect to a TV without spending $200 on Apple TV?

Can you use NFC for quick connections?

Can you run multiple apps actively and simultaneously?

BlackBerrys can't cross-platform message?

IPhones only play nice with iPhones. And the navigation and message handling on iOS is awful.
    There is literally NOTHING better about the iPhone. Customer service and ecosystem are a different story.
    This
    Another lol to donnation

03-29-14 05:06 PM
    An Apple TV is $99

What makes the iPhone a better workout companion is that is has the best music player and widest selection of fitness apps and fitness peripherals that work with it.

I don't use NFC, but I could use airdrop if I wanted but I'm not constantly connecting to other peoples phones.

Yes you can run multiple apps simultaneously and actively

Cross device messaging not cross platform.

Again, I didn't say the iPhone was better. I listed reasons why people stay with it and that people actually love them.
    Lol

03-29-14 05:07 PM
    I used to have all Apple products. And Apple does only play nice with Apple. I have an external hard drive that is not compatible with my Windows laptop. I will have to buy a software to convert the files. We have an Apple router that does not connect with our Asus router and will not work as an extender. And my son's iPod nano was disabled when connected to a Windows laptop. Dead because it was configured on our Mac laptop first. We now have devices that will communicate to each other without having extra hurdles to jump.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    This!
    And a 4th lol to donnation

03-29-14 05:14 PM
    This!
    And a 4th lol to donnation

Haha, take it easy on the poor guy. He was just trying to explain the Apple case, be it true or not.

My first reaction was the same. So used to defending myself from iFans!
    03-29-14 06:50 PM
    I do not use iOS as my daily driver for a variety of reasons. However, some of the counter-points are a bit off.

I consider a communication tool to be the best tool to reach the most number of people effectively. In other words, being able to communicate with more people regardless of the platform ot app that they use. This is especially true in my profession. If this is the overriding definition of a "communication tool" for most people, then iOS has the best communication tool for the most people. Simple.

Wait... breathe... think about it. I may not be the best for me or for you, but for most people, it works, because everyone caters to it, including BBRY with BBM.

Now... my device as a workout companion? Of course! Are you kidding me? Why not? Maybe I'm a little biased because I am working on a health wearables/mobility project, but I expect my device to be the hub of my health. As of now, my device collates my blood pressure readings, health workouts and other stats and emails the results to my doctor autoatically at intervals. All I do is exercise. I pay good money for my phone, and I expect it to be the as much as it can be. If it ca do something well, then that's where I wanna do it.

It's 2014. BBRY has acknowledged how useful apps are. MSFT has acknowledged how useful apps are. The runtime proves that even the most loyal of BBRY users are willing to go to great lengths to get the apps needed to get them on par with folks on other platforms. And we STILL have folks questioning why apps are important. Huh.

Apple has created a closed platform; it's my BIGGEST pet peeve, and irritates me to no end. However, the ecosystem (and willingness of developers to cater to it) make it a powerful, all-round tool that reasonable people really cannot mock. IMHO.

Prem went and found an iOS user to run the company. Oh my.
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-29-14 07:11 PM
    I do not use iOS as my daily driver for a variety of reasons. However, some of the counter-points are a bit off.

I consider a communication tool to be the best tool to reach the most number of people effectively. In other words, being able to communicate with more people regardless of the platform ot app that they use. This is especially true in my profession. If this is the overriding definition of a "communication tool" for most people, then iOS has the best communication tool for the most people. Simple.

Wait... breathe... think about it. I may not be the best for me or for you, but for most people, it works, because everyone caters to it, including BBRY with BBM.

Now... my device as a workout companion? Of course! Are you kidding me? Why not? Maybe I'm a little biased because I am working on a health wearables/mobility project, but I expect my device to be the hub of my health. As of now, my device collates my blood pressure readings, health workouts and other stats and emails the results to my doctor autoatically at intervals. All I do is exercise. I pay good money for my phone, and I expect it to be the as much as it can be. If it ca do something well, then that's where I wanna do it.

It's 2014. BBRY has acknowledged how useful apps are. MSFT has acknowledged how useful apps are. The runtime proves that even the most loyal of BBRY users are willing to go to great lengths to get the apps needed to get them on par with folks on other platforms. And we STILL have folks questioning why apps are important. Huh.

Apple has created a closed platform; it's my BIGGEST pet peeve, and irritates me to no end. However, the ecosystem (and willingness of developers to cater to it) make it a powerful, all-round tool that reasonable people really cannot mock. IMHO.

Prem went and found an iOS user to run the company. Oh my.
    Tre, as usual, you are a voice of reason. Excellent explanation.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-29-14 07:31 PM
    How do I get to bedside mode options? Thanks.

My Z30 is hired, my iPhone retired. BlackBerry rules the lot. Cause it's the best phone I've ever got.
    03-29-14 11:51 PM
    How do I get to bedside mode options? Thanks.

My Z30 is hired, my iPhone retired. BlackBerry rules the lot. Cause it's the best phone I've ever got.
    Go into the clock app, pull down settings menu, select Settings. This is what iPhone users love?-img_20140330_204540.png

There are two bedside options in there!
    This is what iPhone users love?-img_20140330_204552.png
    03-30-14 07:49 PM
    Thanks for your help guys.

03-30-14 09:15 PM
    I have regular debates with a few of my buddies about iPhone vs BlackBerry. They're former BlackBerry users, but they only know of the legacy devices (no surprise there). Yesterday one of them posted this on facebook and I had to comment that if those are 15 top reasons iPhone users have for loving they're phones they really have no idea how far behind they're falling. 15 Things You Didn't Know Your iPhone Could Do

Posted via CB10
    My favorite is "Put Your Phone in Airplane Mode and it Will Charge Twice as Fast". As often as that phone needs to be on the charger, so that's a lot of time on Air Plane Mode unable to make and receive calls?

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 on VZW from Philly
    03-30-14 09:38 PM
    A phone can't make you look like a moron.
    I do a good job myself... for sure. The bigger point for me is that it definitely pushes me further into moron territory than I usually like to venture.
    Last edited by AFaquir; 03-31-14 at 03:00 PM. Reason: I'm a moron.
    03-31-14 02:40 PM
    But I must apologize for being arrogant, we just hear so much bashing from iPhone users about things that are completely unfounded. While I can understand that some people may prefer iOS (I have an iPad 3), some/most iOS users choose iPhones because that is what is "cool" and understood to be the best. They then assume that their iPhone is the only device that can do basic (nowadays) functions, which Android, Windows and now even BlackBerry can do (arguably better).
    This is/was more my point... I didn't think I insinuated that people HATE their phones and stay with it because of marketing. Although in fairness to a lot of people, I wouldn't put it past them either. I refer to the old psychological study of a while back that basically had people do terribly menial tasks for an hour, some recipients received $1, others received $20. They were then "tasked" with getting others to sign up to do the same task. The people who got paid $1 got more people to sign up than those who got the $20. The proposed reason, $1 people didn't want to feel like complete suckers, so they tried harder to sucker other people... I'm just saying. It's science... and easily referenced. Cognitive Dissonance Theory - Simply Psychology

In any event, I think like most things in this world people are contented with what they are told is "better" even if in fact it is not better... Oreos vs Hydrox, VHS vs Betamax, Star Wars vs Star Trek, etc... So its not so much that the iPhone isn't a good phone, its that its not the BEST phone (ever)!
    03-31-14 02:55 PM
    I'm sure the "this is just like any other device" campaign is right around the corner.
    I assume you are referring to the upcoming BBRY marketing campaign...
    03-31-14 03:00 PM
    Your very mistaken when you say the iphone can do anything that others can, just in a different way. NFC? How in Jesus ' name can it do that? No wifi or cellular tower around? Your iphone is done.....finished.....capute. z30 and BB10 thrives. NFC, HDMI, can read thumb drives direct. It's a computer on the fly. You are so wrong. In a head to head challenge, my z30 will embarrass your iphone. I win every time in less than 5 minutes. And yes I have netflix and candy crush.

Posted via CB10
    bspence87 likes this.
    04-07-14 03:31 PM

People keep it because:

The keyboard works for a large number of people extremely well. I can type more accurately on iOS that I can on any other device.

It is very competent as a business phone. Business professionals use them around the world.

A wide variety of extremely useful apps.

The absolute best device to use as a workout companion.

One of the best camera' s and video camera's on the market.

And yes, there are things that it can do that no other device can do (cross platform messaging, wireless iCloud backup, iTunes Match, photos taken from the phone instantly and wirelessly transferred to all devices, to name a few).

I don't think so, can transfer things via nfc or bluetooth??

Sent from my XT1058 using CB Forums mobile app
    04-07-14 03:52 PM
    And yes I have netflix and candy crush.

Posted via CB10
    But you sir do not have the cool hip factor that comes with every purchase of an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 05:32 PM
    But you sir do not have the cool hip factor that comes with every purchase of an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    You make a solid point. Touche.

Posted with my BlackBerry Z10!
    04-07-14 05:50 PM
    Do me a favor and show me how you access shared files on a windows network and use the files in multiple applications. Do that for me!

Why don't you NFC a file to me with your Iphone. While your at it why don't you try and use your Iphone for 3 days of use without charging. Why don't you use your iphone as a computer and hook it up to a TV while paired to a BT mouse and keyboard. Why don't you miracast? Why don't you expand your memory or USB OTG?

Better yet type a long email on it?

Sorry iphone your no good for any of those!
    04-16-14 07:05 PM
    To each their own.
    Who cares. I used an iPhone 5 when it first came out and after a couple months I was back to the 9900. Went to the iPhone 5c and after a month was with the z30. It works for some and not for others.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 09:33 PM
    Has anyone actually done a test of how quickly an iphone and bb10 get charged when in airplane mode vs regular? I highly doubt it actually charges twice as fast on either device.
    04-17-14 03:12 PM
49 12