Say you have 50 bucks in paid apps, if you get a new phone through insurance or even if you upgrade to a 3GS, do your licences transfer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 08:26 PM
    If the apps are already downloaded to your iTunes, there shouldn't be any problem syncing them once you attach your new iPhone to your Mac/PC.
    12-27-09 10:43 PM
    Not a problem at all. You just re-buy them, and as long as you are logged in on the same iTunes account you originally used a message will pop up saying "you've already purchased this app do you want to download it again for free?"
    12-28-09 10:45 AM
    Wow, does anybody know if Android's marketplace followed suit? I got screwed out of about 20 bucks worth of apps when I made an insurance claim. All the app developers said I was out of luck, and that the serial is attached to the PIN.
    12-28-09 01:13 PM
    Everything should transfer smoothly.

My BeeJive has transfered to all 4 of my iPhones.

Can't say the same about my BB's.
    12-28-09 01:47 PM
    The key thing to remember is that whatever you buy from the app store is tied to your account and not the device. So as long as you are using the accounts, you are good. I have even bought apps on my phone, logged onto my wife's and downloaded it free of charge. No sense in paying twice if I don't have to.
    12-28-09 02:03 PM
    Wow, does anybody know if Android's marketplace followed suit? I got screwed out of about 20 bucks worth of apps when I made an insurance claim. All the app developers said I was out of luck, and that the serial is attached to the PIN.
    I had the same problem.. lost about $10-15
    12-30-09 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD