Are they referring to the ability to be ex; surfing, then go do something else and come back to the browser and be at the same place?
    Does it also mean that if u open , say, a chat program and then go do something else, the chat program will still be running in the background?
    If so.... It's good and they're welcomed features but the most basic phone had that stuff. Why is everyone going wow wow?
    This isn't s bash apple post, I'm on a 3gs as I write,,,, so save the flames,,, I'm sincerely asking this question

thx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 08:13 AM
    From what I understand, the ability to do two\three things at once. For example, playing a game, and then, if needed, browse the internet at the same time and NOT lost your spot in the game...

I personally couldn't careless. I just want to be able to theme, and choose different SMS tones...
    05-12-10 09:17 AM
    you could be composing a facebook update in the facebook app, then you can flip over to say poynt in order to look up info on a nearby resteraunt, then you copy and paste the address into facebook while not losing what you had already typed.
    05-12-10 09:32 AM
    Just JB ur 3Gs and use backgrounder, no need to wait for 4.0. And the ones going wow wow are the ones who chose not to ever JB their phones. If u JB ur phone, backgrounder was one of the first apps u dl from cydia.

Last edited by rdiddy_25; 05-12-10 at 12:30 PM.
    05-12-10 12:28 PM
    Have you ever used a Blackberry? It's what they have always been able to do. I can start typing an email, leave it open and go to my Browser, get a message through BBM and switch to that without closing my browser, then go back to my email and finish it up. I can do all of that without hitting the close button on any of the apps running. My wife has an iPhone and that is my biggest annoyance with it. I hate that you have to close what you are in to go to another app.
    05-12-10 12:41 PM
    So you're annoyed with her phone? Sounds like a personal problem.
    05-12-10 01:10 PM
    Apple's way doesn't allow the whole app to run in the background like Backgrounder does. That hogs memory and kills your battery faster. Apple's multitasking is more like a pause button for the app.

05-12-10 02:35 PM
    I personally couldn't careless. I just want to be able to theme, and choose different SMS tones...
    My sentiments exactly. Only reason for me to upgrade to the new iPhone now since the jailbreak is the camera zoom and flash.
    05-12-10 04:52 PM
    So you're annoyed with her phone? Sounds like a personal problem.
    Why, because my Blackberry has actual multi-tasking? I like my BB better for some things and her iPhone for others.

05-12-10 05:59 PM
    I'm only going to say this one, be nice!
    05-12-10 06:47 PM
    Apple's way doesn't allow the whole app to run in the background like Backgrounder does. That hogs memory and kills your battery faster. Apple's multitasking is more like a pause button for the app.

Which is what I'm looking most forward to. The "pause" effect.
    05-12-10 07:11 PM
    For me it means I wont buy the phone.

I have too many apps running at once even to consider an iPhone.

I'll take a good look at their 4g when it comes out. Hopefully it will be of more use to power users that require non native apps multitasking.
    05-12-10 07:32 PM
    Have you ever used a Blackberry? It's what they have always been able to do. I can start typing an email, leave it open and go to my Browser, get a message through BBM and switch to that without closing my browser, then go back to my email and finish it up. I can do all of that without hitting the close button on any of the apps running. My wife has an iPhone and that is my biggest annoyance with it. I hate that you have to close what you are in to go to another app.
    Yes (to ur bb question). Been using BBs for years. I currently use my 9700 90% of the time and my 3gs 10% of the time. And yeah-- my bb does that stuff. Heck! My razr does that stuff. LOL. That's why I was asking the question.

05-12-10 08:00 PM
    I'm just really stoked that I will be able to stream Pandora in the BG while doing other things. That's really about the only time I miss multi-tasking. Well and I kinda miss having my Twitter client check for new updates in the BG, but then again I tend to check on Twitter every 5 min so it's not really that big of a deal. I also want to say this to all the BB fanboys who want to crap on the iPhone. There is plenty of things that the iPhone does that no Berry can do just as there are thing that the berry can do that the iPhone can't. Why do you care what device other people use, as long as it works for them then that is all that really matters. Come to think of it that goes for the iPhone crowd as well. Can we all please just get past this stupid my phone is better then your argument once and for all.

THANKS.
    05-12-10 09:19 PM
    I'm just really stoked that I will be able to stream Pandora in the BG while doing other things. That's really about the only time I miss multi-tasking. Well and I kinda miss having my Twitter client check for new updates in the BG, but then again I tend to check on Twitter every 5 min so it's not really that big of a deal. I also want to say this to all the BB fanboys who want to crap on the iPhone. There is plenty of things that the iPhone does that no Berry can do just as there are thing that the berry can do that the iPhone can't. Why do you care what device other people use, as long as it works for them then that is all that really matters. Come to think of it that goes for the iPhone crowd as well. Can we all please just get past this stupid my phone is better then your argument once and for all.

THANKS.

Yeah. Agreed. I have both. Most of the time I tend to lean towards the BB but that's cause of the nature of my business. They're so bloody different, you can't compare them or call one or the other sh!tty. Not fair at all.
    I'm still gonna get the 4g and chances are-- I'll STILL use the latest BB more, but nevertheless-- I'll appreciate both

05-12-10 10:03 PM
    Why, because my Blackberry has actual multi-tasking? I like my BB better for some things and her iPhone for others.

Actual multitasking? Why would you need the whole app running in the background? That just rapes your battery and slows down your phone.

05-12-10 10:10 PM
    Actual multitasking? Why would you need the whole app running in the background? That just rapes your battery and slows down your phone.

I'm not sure that I can agree with that. On my old curve I had Social Scope and a few other apps running all the time and I never had any issues with battery life. I will agree that it would kill the battery on the 3GS and I really do like the way that Apple has implemented multi-tasking in OS 4 but I don't think that it si fair to say that there true multi-tasking would kill battery life and performance when there are tons of BB users who can state that it does not from personal experience.
    05-12-10 10:46 PM

That's weird because I have been using a Blackberry for over 5 years and have never had a problem with my battery or speed. The Blackberry OS was designed to do it, I guess. Now if they would just quadruple the app memory.

I think it's funny how defensive iPhone owners get on here. This site is a Blackberry site. Obviously, there are going to be more people Pro Blackberry. Like I said before, my wife has an iPhone and I like certain things that it does. I just like my Bold better.

05-13-10 06:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD