I've had my iPhone for about a month now, and of course, it's great.

I've been working fifty five to sixty hour work weeks for the past couple of months, and finally decided to unwind a bit. I catch a taxi, go to the bar, catch another taxi and head to Denny's for a drunk munch out.

Well, I had managed to avoid it for a month, but when I got out of the taxi, I drop my phone. I suppose it was about a four foot drop onto asphalt.

After close examination, the phone itself seems to be perfectly fine, not a scratch. The only damage appears to be the dents on my incase.

I know this is a trivial thread, but I was wondering how durable (or fragile) you've found your iPhone to be.
    Last edited by kaioken92; 08-08-09 at 05:00 PM.
    08-08-09 04:05 PM
    I've had my iPhone for about a month now, and of course, it's great.

I've been working fifty five to sixty hour work weeks for the past couple of months, and finally decided to unwind a bit. I catch a taxi, go to the bar, catch another taxi and head to Denny's for a drunk munch out.

Well, I had managed to avoid it for a month, but when I got out of the taxi, I drop my phone. I suppose it was about a four foot drop onto asphalt.

After close examination, the phone itself seems to perfectly fine, not a scratch. The only damage appears to be the dents on my incase.

I know this is a trivial thread, but I was wondering how durable (or fragile) you've found your iPhone to be.
    i feel your pain!!! i have yet to drop mine on anything but carpet. but it seems pretty sturdy when in a case. check out the speck candyshell adds some nice drop protection. glad the phone is alright though!
    08-08-09 04:51 PM
    I did the same thing. I dropped my iPhone while my Incase Slider was on and the Incase cracked. No damage done to the iPhone though.
    08-08-09 05:40 PM
    I wouldn't know... haven't dropped mine.

With the 2G, I wasn't as scared, but with plastic on the back, I'm extra careful. This the first time I've used a case.
    08-08-09 06:13 PM
    I did the same thing. I dropped my iPhone while my Incase Slider was on and the Incase cracked. No damage done to the iPhone though.
    i was swinging my hand and my phone slipped my incase slider is scratched but my phone is fine it. my case has a few dents as i dropped it on asphalt at a school so it has those darn rocks .
    08-08-09 09:16 PM
    i was swinging my hand and my phone slipped my incase slider is scratched but my phone is fine it. my case has a few dents as i dropped it on asphalt at a school so it has those darn rocks .
    Yea I dropped mine on concrete. No dents just a crack on the top right corner by the power button. I'm happy nothing happened to the phone.
    08-08-09 09:23 PM
    Ah man at least you had yours in a case, I've been babying mine like crazy, very lucky thus far.
    08-08-09 10:11 PM
    the 2g i had was pretty sturdy. cant say the same with the 3g..
    08-09-09 04:37 AM
    i dropped mine about 3 feet onto a tile floor. luckicly all it scratched was my seidio innocase! i was scared that something had gotten jacked up inside the phone, but all is good! i think they can take a pretty good beating.
    08-09-09 12:55 PM
    i dropped mine about 3 feet onto a tile floor. luckicly all it scratched was my seidio innocase! i was scared that something had gotten jacked up inside the phone, but all is good! i think they can take a pretty good beating.
    Test it out for us... hehe
    08-09-09 01:00 PM
    Test it out for us... hehe
    lol, i almost stroked out when i dropped it that time! i dont think my fragile heart could take the stress! lol
    08-09-09 01:02 PM
    lol, i almost stroked out when i dropped it that time! i dont think my fragile heart could take the stress! lol
    i hear ya my fiance makes fun of me all the time for how careful i am i had a heart attack when it bounced off my bed onto the carpet.
    08-09-09 02:02 PM
    i've dropped my 3 and 3gs, both can be blamed on my holster. I use a blackberry bold holster since it fits the iphone nice and even nicer with a case on it. In foodtown it must have turned upside down and the magnet wasn't latched and bam. No signs of a drop or even a scratch - that was my 3g. At work I was walking out the door and was juggling my car keys and the phone and before I realized what happened there goes my new white 3gs. Again no scratches or signs of fall. I would say the phone is built well depending on the drop, the 3g landed on the chrome side and the 3gs landed on its back. If it lands on the face though it may not end so well
    08-09-09 06:50 PM
    I was stupid with mine.. I was cleaning off the screen and rubbing it on my belly and so I started to rub it on my back and I dropped it.

It bounced like 5 times on the silver bezel, and landed on it's face on tile before sliding like 6 inches.

I picked it up and gasped in horror.. I flip it over and my screen is perfect.. no scratches, no dings. The only thing is at the bottom, in the black area to the left of the home button is a minor crack that goes from the button to the left of the bezel.

Pretty sturdy little device.. screen still works perfectly.
    08-10-09 11:17 AM
    I unfortunately have not been this lucky. I have both a 3g, 3gs, and Bold. I dropped the 3g and the Bold on concrete. The 3g's screen was completely shattered although it continued to work. The bold fell on its side and the bezel was scratched a little, but it was not that bad.

I have since gotten an Otterbox impact case which has worked very well. I highly recommend it. It gives the phone a very nice grip also.
    08-10-09 10:33 PM
    I remember when I had my old iphone 2g lol when I was still a freshman in college I think (which is not too long ago), I accidently dropped it from my the second floor at my college and I went downstairs to get it, I was so glad my screen didnt break, actually it only made 2 small dents which wasnt too bad considering it was dropped on concrete from two stories
    08-10-09 10:57 PM
    i've had mine drop out of my pocket while i was longboarding which i would say is about a 4 foot drop, and I was going at a decent speed...my case seemed to protect my phone very well, and nothing was wrong with my phone
    08-13-09 02:15 AM
    I decided to remove my INCASE protective cover as it was the third one that had ripped at the corner where the headphone jack is. I was pulling up to the departures terminal at JFK Airport in early August, and had the iPhone tucked under my thigh as I was driving. I forgot that it was in my lap, and when i got out the phone spilled out onto the roadway, screen side down. as it slid to a stop, a shuttle bus was driving by and narrowly missed running over the phone. I picked it up, and was surprised and elated that it only had a couple minor scratches, and I was also very lucky that the screen did not have a single scratch on it thanks to the protective cover that was on it. When I got home, i removed the screen protector and put on a new one. I also ordered a new INCIPIO Feather Slim Fitted Case.
    08-20-09 03:52 PM
    I just dropped my 3Gs the other day. It slipped out of my hands in the leather hard case hit the parking lot then went cart wheeling end over end finally landing on the screen . It hit so hard it knocked the sim card carrier loose. The case was a little knicked up but other than having to re insert the sim the phone was totally un damaged.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 08-21-09 at 01:56 PM.
    08-21-09 01:47 AM
    finally, it happened lol
    08-23-09 04:06 AM
    i've dropped it a couple of times <1 foot and real damage
    08-27-09 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD