Just watched the ten minute CrackBerry BlackBerry 10 overview video and I was thinking of Apple. Whether or not BlackBerry 10 will resurrect BlackBerry (formerly known as RIM) I don't know, but I do know that they definitely did a good job on the OS. So well in fact that I bet many reviewers will say that they didn't expect it to be this good. But anyways, getting back to topic, all of BlackBerry 10's intuitive gestures and the whole "flow" experience just makes me feel that these are ideas/implementations that Apple would have put into iOS.

iOS is still good but I agree that it is definitely a year if not two over the line in the "stale" category. Basically I feel that BlackBerry 10 has many features that Apple would have thought of a year or two ago.

I hope Apple continues doing what it does best with hardware, but I really hope iOS 7 is really something fresh for everyone.
    01-30-13 12:26 PM
    I watched it and can't say I was blown away. I basically feel like its the phone they should have come out with after the first iPhone was released. The launch came and went and it appears that no one is even talking about it today. The Alicia Keys thing screamed of desperation...

I've never wished for RIM demise, but I don't see this phone converting any iOS or android users. I've been considering a second (well technically third) phone and even after yesterday announcement I'm still leaning toward the Galaxy SIII.
    01-31-13 09:53 AM
    I agree, I think Apple's iOS is getting very stale now and I too hope iOS 7 brings something fresh, funky and innovative... however the Z10, although looks like a nice decent phone; the launch still left me underwhelmed. The way I look at it, a lot BB fans use the argument that apps aren't THAT important, well imo they ARE.

Apple have created an app ecosystem that has pretty much locked me in. I have too much vested in iOS that it will make it very hard for another platform i.e BB10 to pry me away now, and I suspect that's the situation for many other iOS users. I'm basically happy to put up with Apples stale iOS for now because everything else as they put it "just works" hardware wise and their abundance of quality apps.
    02-01-13 07:37 AM