Out of curiousity, besides being able to call people and play music, what else can you control with the voice for the I phone?
    07-12-09 08:49 PM
    Out of curiousity, besides being able to call people and play music, what else can you control with the voice for the I phone?
    That's it.

Maybe more functionality later.
    07-12-09 09:00 PM
    They'll Probably come out with more in later OS's. Thanks
    07-12-09 09:02 PM
    Google. Thought thats the APP but it uses voice recognition.
    07-12-09 11:11 PM
    I can't wait for any updates to the voice control. It's such a great feature!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 11:50 PM
    From the apple website:

Use Voice Control:

Press and hold the Home button until the Voice Control screen appears and you hear a beep. Then use the commands described below to make calls or play songs.

You can also press and hold the center button on the iPhone headset to bring up Voice Control.

Call someone in contacts:

Say “call” or “dial,” then say the name of the person. If the person has more than one phone number, you can add “home” or “mobile,” for example.

Dial a number:

Say “call” or “dial,” then say the number.

Make a correction:

Say “wrong,” “not that one,” “not that,” “no,” or “nope.”

Control music playback:

Say “play,” or “play music.” To pause, say “pause,” or “pause music.” You can also say “next song” or “previous song.”

Play an album, artist, or playlist:

Say “play,” then say “album,” “artist,” or “playlist” and the name.

Shuffle the current playlist:

Say “shuffle.”

Find out more about the currently playing song:

Say “what’s playing,” “what song is this,” “who sings this song,” or “who is this song by.”

Use Genius to play similar songs:

Say “Genius,” “play more like this,” or “play more songs like this.”

Cancel Voice Control:

Say “cancel.”
    07-22-09 03:15 PM
    Thanks!
    OOps message too short
    07-22-09 09:06 PM
    From the apple website:

Use Voice Control:

Press and hold the Home button until the Voice Control screen appears and you hear a beep. Then use the commands described below to make calls or play songs.

You can also press and hold the center button on the iPhone headset to bring up Voice Control.

Call someone in contacts:

Say �call� or �dial,� then say the name of the person. If the person has more than one phone number, you can add �home� or �mobile,� for example.

Dial a number:

Say �call� or �dial,� then say the number.

Make a correction:

Say �wrong,� �not that one,� �not that,� �no,� or �nope.�

Control music playback:

Say �play,� or �play music.� To pause, say �pause,� or �pause music.� You can also say �next song� or �previous song.�

Play an album, artist, or playlist:

Say �play,� then say �album,� �artist,� or �playlist� and the name.

Shuffle the current playlist:

Say �shuffle.�

Find out more about the currently playing song:

Say �what�s playing,� �what song is this,� �who sings this song,� or �who is this song by.�

Use Genius to play similar songs:

Say �Genius,� �play more like this,� or �play more songs like this.�

Cancel Voice Control:

Say �cancel.�
    Very good information for people who don't know all the cammands. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 10:18 AM
    Well, I am doing something wrong, has anyone tried this?
    07-23-09 11:44 AM
    Got it~
    saw the video, I thought it was like Onstar, this is easier.
    07-23-09 07:45 PM
    Does it cost money to use voice dial? It was free on Verizon but I heard AT&T charges for voice dial.
    07-27-09 12:17 AM
    Get Vlingo. The app goes further than what the standard voice controls do. You can control virtually any function on the phone from, initiate calls to anyone in your address book. Search for anything through Yahoo! or Google in one step. Look up and map local listings. Update Facebook and Twitter status updates. No typing! Speach to text, respond or compose MMS and text messages without typing. I haven't used the keyboard for awhille LOL!Vlingo also adapts to your voice. It's far more advanced then the other voice commands programs. Well worth the money.

Vlingo for iPhone
    07-27-09 03:18 AM
    Does it cost money to use voice dial? It was free on Verizon but I heard AT&T charges for voice dial.
    No, not for the iphone if you use the one built into the device. AT&T does offer a service for phones that do not have voice built in and they do charge for that service.
    08-02-09 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD