Does anybody know if you need to be eligible for an upgrade to get the new iPhone. Or can I buy it off contract ?
    01-11-11 09:49 PM
    You will be able to buy it off contract. Probably $599 and $699 or something.
    01-11-11 10:01 PM
    Does anybody know if you need to be eligible for an upgrade to get the new iPhone. Or can I buy it off contract ?
    I would guess that to preorder, yyou will either have to add a line or have an eligible upgrade. If you're wlling to wait in line on launch day, I'm sure you can buy it off contract at full retail price.
    01-11-11 10:35 PM
    A bit more detail...

The VZW site says pre-orders starting around Feb 3rd for current VZW customers. Everyone else will be able to purchase starting the 10th. So, you would be able to buy it outright at full price on the 3rd as long as you are currently a customer.
    01-11-11 11:37 PM
    Oh alright thanks guys
    01-11-11 11:41 PM
    Do you think the preorder will just allow you walk into a store on the 10th and grab one or could we actually get it shipped to us ahead of the normal release date?
    01-12-11 12:38 AM
    It's hard to tell, could be both ways, with the demand that there will be for it, be prepared to do either
    01-12-11 01:21 AM
    The verizon rep said unless that's the day ur able to upgrade you'll have to wait. My upgrade is feb 24th they told me no pre order and I have to wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 10:34 AM
    The verizon rep said unless that's the day ur able to upgrade you'll have to wait. My upgrade is feb 24th they told me no pre order and I have to wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wow that's crazy
    01-12-11 04:24 PM
    So if your already eligible for an upgrade now, I wonder if we would get the phones on the 3rd or does the preorder just entitle us to not wait in line and grab one on the 10th?
    01-13-11 07:03 AM
    So if your already eligible for an upgrade now, I wonder if we would get the phones on the 3rd or does the preorder just entitle us to not wait in line and grab one on the 10th?
    The phones dont actually arrive until the 10th. Apple ships launch devices direct from japan and holds custom papers to ensure there are no early deliveries. For the iphone 4 they allowed early arrivals but who knows if thats how this will work
    01-13-11 07:59 AM
    The phones dont actually arrive until the 10th. Apple ships launch devices direct from japan and holds custom papers to ensure there are no early deliveries. For the iphone 4 they allowed early arrivals but who knows if thats how this will work
    Right. From what i understand it is just like the launch of the iphone 4 on June 24. People were able to pre-order the phone but the device was to be delivered right on or around that date. I remember reading people getting some delivered on the 23rd but unable to activate them until the 24th.
    01-13-11 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD