So for all you AT&T customers with the iPhone would you switch over to Verizon for it? Keep in mind their first iPhone will be the 4th generation being launched June 22.
    03-30-10 03:36 PM
    Though it's not confirmed and the reports are that a VZW one would be released in the fall, I wouldn't switch at the moment. I have good service where I need it and I like the flexibility of the GSM network. When LTE drops, that will be something to think about especially if VZW's LTE is out way before AT&T's.
    03-30-10 04:18 PM
    Not switching (even if the two year old rumor is true this time)... I get lots of discounts with AT&T, I know how to get a credit every month and I can get phones (upgrades) like clockwork.

Service is great, phone selection is better. Couldn't be happier.
    03-30-10 04:22 PM
    Don't wanna switch. I'm fine with AT&T.

You know that the verizon iPhone has been a rumor each release of the iPhone, right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 04:34 PM
    According to engadget, Verizon would be getting an older version of the iPhone, possibly the 3GS modified for CDMA, and AT&T would be getting exclusivity to the iPhone 4G.

Either way, I would not switch networks until my contract is up next year. Even though the ATT network is not great, it's the phone that is causing the problem, not the network.
    03-30-10 04:47 PM
    So for all you AT&T customers with the iPhone would you switch over to Verizon for it? Keep in mind their first iPhone will be the 4th generation being launched June 22.
    and you know this because??? you make it sound like it's fact, and you're in the know from the highest sources.

Granted I'm not stating fact, or high up in that ladder, but I'll bet you money the next iPhone will not be available on June 22nd. The previous announcements have always been made at the Keynote at WWDC (which is after that date.)

Please stop perpetuating this obnoxious rumormill on the subject...
    03-30-10 07:46 PM
    Not me, I love ATT and always have great service where I live. Also I was with VZW many years ago and they really sucked as far as customer service was concerned. I'm sure that much of that has changed but I'll stick with ATT and if the 4G is worth it then I will pick it up with my upgrade.
    03-30-10 08:29 PM
    Not switching (even if the two year old rumor is true this time)... I get lots of discounts with AT&T, I know how to get a credit every month and I can get phones (upgrades) like clockwork.

Service is great, phone selection is better. Couldn't be happier.
    I second that. LOL Great points you made in this post.
    03-30-10 08:30 PM
    I saw on FOX news this morning that ATT is getting the new phone in the June timeframe and that VZ is rumored to be getting the iphone in the December timeframe. They said if this rumor is true that it will put a strain on VZ's already overloaded network.
    03-30-10 08:54 PM
    According to engadget, Verizon would be getting an older version of the iPhone, possibly the 3GS modified for CDMA, and AT&T would be getting exclusivity to the iPhone 4G.

Either way, I would not switch networks until my contract is up next year. Even though the ATT network is not great, it's the phone that is causing the problem, not the network.
    Can you link me on that one?
    03-30-10 09:14 PM
    I honestly do not think that AT&T customers will go to Verizon to get the iPhone. I really don't have a problem with service unless I am out in the middle of no where. However, there have been some annoying times when the Storm has full bars and the iPhone becomes a paperweight, but I think for the most part service problems are all hype. But that may depend on your area, so not directed at everyone.

You still won't be able to talk and surf on a Verizon, so many will not switch.
    03-30-10 09:14 PM
    and you know this because??? you make it sound like it's fact, and you're in the know from the highest sources.

Granted I'm not stating fact, or high up in that ladder, but I'll bet you money the next iPhone will not be available on June 22nd. The previous announcements have always been made at the Keynote at WWDC (which is after that date.)

Please stop perpetuating this obnoxious rumormill on the subject...
    I'm sorry I'm just going by this article..
    http://www.tipb.com/2010/03/29/fact-...0x640-display/
    03-30-10 09:16 PM
    Don't think i'll be switching carriers.
    03-31-10 07:36 AM
    Yea, VZ data speeds really cant compare with AT&T at the moment. Plus, no simultanious voice and data. No thank you. CDMA can tax a bettery more than GSM, hurting the already less than stellar battery life.
    03-31-10 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD