Quick question. Im going to check out a used iphone for Verizon tonight. The seller sent me pictures of the unit. Ive seen pictures of the Verizon iphone and up top by the signal bars they say Verizon. The picture he sent doesn't say Verizon up top. Could this be because the phone is deactivated? I just want to make sure I'm getting a Verizon iphone and not a at&t. Is there any way of making sure its a Verizon phone. Anything else I should look for when purchasing a used unit other than a esn check? Also, if I get the phone and do *228 option 1 or 3 on the spot and it activates does that mean the esn is clean Im good to go? Ive never done a esn change that way, sorry if i sound lost. Thanks in advance
    07-08-11 05:38 PM
    You're better off calling CS and giving them the ESN to see if it's clean. Or even
    meet him at a Verizon store to make it even quicker. Look on the right side to see
    if it doesn't have sim card slot. If it does, then it's the GSM version which can't
    be activated on Verizon.
    07-08-11 06:39 PM
    like ^ said call Verizon with the ESN.

as far as it not saying Verizon at the top that is easily changed to whatever he wants if its jailbroken.
    07-08-11 08:34 PM
    Also to make sure it is not a fake knock-off, bring a laptop if you can. Just plug it into the laptop with iTunes installed. If it pops up on iTunes, it is real. If it does not pop up, it is probably a knock off.

Physically, it is easy to spot knock offs though.
    07-08-11 11:44 PM
    Thanks for all the help! Went to check out the phone and the dude was real cool. Gave me the original box and everything. Even suggested for me to activate the phone right on the spot. Don't understand why I was holding on to my blackberry for so long. Thanks again!
    07-09-11 01:41 AM
    Glad it went smooth, bro.
    07-10-11 12:51 PM
    Thanks for all the help! Went to check out the phone and the dude was real cool. Gave me the original box and everything. Even suggested for me to activate the phone right on the spot. Don't understand why I was holding on to my blackberry for so long. Thanks again!
    if I could answer that for you and the other bb users I'd be rich.
    07-11-11 02:53 AM
    Yes even with the iPhone (Verizon) *228 still works. I had the same question regarding *228 when I purchased my iPhone because it has it's own network system or whatever you call it. For example iPhone voicemail is a completely different system than what all the other phones have. With the iPhone no more dialing *68 to listen to vm.
    07-13-11 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD